The end of NFL Primetime...

Don't know if this has been covered, but I heard for the first time yesterday on WTEM in DC that ESPN Primetime will cease to exist once the new TV deal goes into effect in 2006. The reason is, is that NBC will now have the Sunday night games and part of the deal is that ESPN, or any other network, cannot show highlights until 11:00 PM Eastern. Whether NBC will put together a highlights show has yet to be determined.

I found this news a little sad, as I've gotten use to the Boomer and Tommy show...unlike the lame pregame shows on all networks, I thought Primetime broke down the games pretty well...it was a good show and I'll miss the "Nobody circles the wagons..." intros by Berman. <_<

Again, if this has already been debated, I apologize.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Berman and Jackson were the only football show I could stand. For the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone can actually watch that pre-game show DRECK with all those IQ of 6 ex-jocks. It's beyond painful torture.

Berman and Jackson were the only football show I could stand. For the life of me, I cannot understand how anyone can actually watch that pre-game show DRECK with all those IQ of 6 ex-jocks. It's beyond painful torture.

366082[/snapback]

is there such a thing as non-painful torture? :lol:

this is really bad news. i'm w/ LA on this one...when the bills won i wouldn't miss it. when they lost, i'd skip it. whatever NBC does, it won't be nearly as good.

366082[/snapback]

That's why we're in the parking lot at 9am - better discussion than you can find on TV.

(Plus ample supplies of tailgate food/drink, of course..... :lol: )

is there such a thing as non-painful torture?  :lol:

this is really bad news.  i'm w/ LA on this one...when the bills won i wouldn't miss it.  when they lost, i'd skip it.  whatever NBC does, it won't be nearly as good.

366089[/snapback]

Oh man...I just had a scary thought...could you imagine sitting through a post-game highlight show hosted by John Madden?

Im sure they will move to monday night.

This might take Stuart Scott off of Monday Night Countdown though.

This is how I see it. NFL Gameday, their pre-game show will be hosted by Stuart Scott or someone else, and Berman will move to the Monday night spot and do Highlights and stuff on the Monday night COuntdown show.

Im sure they will move to monday night.

This might take Stuart Scott off of Monday Night Countdown though.

This is how I see it.  NFL Gameday, their pre-game show will be hosted by Stuart Scott or someone else, and Berman will move to the Monday night spot and do Highlights and stuff on the Monday night COuntdown show.

366103[/snapback]

Having the highlights on Sunday night is not the same as having it a day

later.....By then everything is sunk in and the drama is lost.....I will be

excited to watch a KR returning a kick for TD on Sunday night (Just after

the late games are over) whereas if the damn thing comes on Monday night,

the charm is gone.

bum bum bum bum da dum dum dum, dum dum dum da dum, BUM BUM BUM, dum dum dum dum da dum da dum, dum da dum dum dum DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DURRRRRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM bum bum ba dum dum da dum.....

I'll miss you :lol:

bum bum bum bum da dum dum dum, dum dum dum da dum, BUM BUM BUM, dum dum dum dum da dum da dum, dum da dum dum dum DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM DURRRRRUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM bum bum ba dum dum da dum.....

I'll miss you :lol:

366127[/snapback]

That's quite possibly the best highlight music for anything ever. It will indeed be missed :lol:

Whether it's NBC or the NFL Network, i guarantee that some network WILL air a Sunday evening wrap up show. The NFL and networks are not going to curtail coverage...it's only going to get more saturation coverage with each passing year.

I found this news a little sad, as I've gotten use to the Boomer and Tommy show...unlike the lame pregame shows on all networks, I thought Primetime broke down the games pretty well...it was a good show and I'll miss the "Nobody circles the wagons..." intros by Berman.  :lol:

366029[/snapback]

Yeah, the novelty of highlites has worn off as I've grown older, but damn...

I remember watching it in Elementary School, thinking I don't want to go to school the next day...then Jr. High, then High School, then College, and now work.

It's been a part of my Fall Sunday evenings for as long as I can remember :lol:

366082[/snapback]

AMEN Brother!!! The pregame shows on Fox and CBS are more painful than an Oprah special on the Lifetime Channel. Whether I'm watching the game at home or at the local drinking hole, I only start watching the tv at 12:59 or 4:14.

Hopefully the NFL network will do something to help us junkies out in Primetime's absence. I like NFL Networks Point After but that runs the next day. As somebody pointed out earlier, we want the highlights that night.