Watching games in Southeast Asia- best options?

My wife and I are looking into spending lots of time in Southeast Asia in the near future.  Looking at the pros and cons- my only con so far is watching Bills games. 

Do any of you guys/gals live in the area or have experience watching games there?  Is it possible to have YTtv and buy the package and use a vpn?  Are games broadcast on any cable?  

I’d love to hear some discussion and get some advice on this. 

The only reliable way is to use DAZN and purchase gamepass.

Have been here (Taiwan) for almost two decades and the only way to ensure that you get anything close to a comfortable viewing experience is via gamepass.

This annoys me greatly, but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ditto here….DAZN, which includes every game (no additional subscriptions required), an extensive catalog of games from previous seasons, and NFL network shows. Not a terrible deal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With WiFi you can subscribe to an IPTV service for around $150/year and see any pro sport you wish. Google Best IPTV to begin your research. For less money than Sunday Ticket or Gamepass you’ll have MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. Thousands of live tv channels are part of the service as well as movies and series. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, NewEra said:

My wife and I are looking into spending lots of time in Southeast Asia in the near future.  Looking at the pros and cons- my only con so far is watching Bills games. 

Do any of you guys/gals live in the area or have experience watching games there?  Is it possible to have YTtv and buy the package and use a vpn?  Are games broadcast on any cable?  

There are bars in the big cities such as Bangkok and Manila that carry NFL ticket, of course you will be up all night. Rule of thumb, if a large expatriate community exists you can find NFL ticket.

Edited by amprov56
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When i was working in Korea, i just used whatever streaming service i could find on the internet......that really wasn't too difficult to figure out, however, the worst part was that there is a 13-hour time difference, so watching Sunday afternoon games at 2am Monday morning on a workday, really kicked the **** out of me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Skoots said:

With WiFi you can subscribe to an IPTV service for around $150/year and see any pro sport you wish. Google Best IPTV to begin your research. For less money than Sunday Ticket or Gamepass you’ll have MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. Thousands of live tv channels are part of the service as well as movies and series. 

My suggestion as well. We use it for all things tv related in Canada and it works great. I was watching golf coverage on ESPN + last week on my computer at work with the IPTV subscription.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sweats said:

When i was working in Korea, i just used whatever streaming service i could find on the internet......that really wasn't too difficult to figure out, however, the worst part was that there is a 13-hour time difference, so watching Sunday afternoon games at 2am Monday morning on a workday, really kicked the **** out of me.

have watched every single game LIVE since 2011 from here in Bangalore...1 p.m games were at 11:30 PM and 4:30 PM games were at 2 AM....SNF/MFN were at 6 AM in the morning...never missed one...

NFL Gamepass on DAZN was pretty good last year.   

Edited by ganesh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, amprov56 said:

There are bars in the big cities such as Bangkok and Manila that carry NFL ticket, of course you will be up all night. Rule of thumb, if a large expatriate community exists you can find NFL ticket.

Sweet, thanks for the reply. I don’t mind being up all night.  

so big cities have the nfl ticket…. Only commercial properties or can a resident also buy it?

8 hours ago, billsintaiwan said:

The only reliable way is to use DAZN and purchase gamepass.

Have been here (Taiwan) for almost two decades and the only way to ensure that you get anything close to a comfortable viewing experience is via gamepass.

This annoys me greatly, but it is what it is.

Thanks!  Oh well, I don’t mind paying at all, just wanna make sure I get my fix. How’s your experience with DAZN?  Can you watch the game live?  If it’s a delay, how long is the delay?

3 hours ago, Skoots said:

Wow, This sounds the the way to go as a lover of all sports. Men’s college basketball too I assume?   Never had any issues watching a bills game?

Just now, NewEra said:

Sweet, thanks for the reply. I don’t mind being up all night.  

so big cities have the nfl ticket…. Only commercial properties or can a resident also buy it?

Do a google search "NFL Ticket Bangkok" or wherever you are and guarantee a bar/restaurant will pop up. In Bangkok bars close at 2:00 AM but those that carry stay open, same with the World Cup. The places I have been to are nice, you may meet fellow Bills fans and lots of fun. Not sure about residents/commercial property but in this day and age I'm sure they can as many other posts have alluded to. Singapore, Korea, Thailand, and PI all have large US expat communities and many NFL fans. Good luck, if you are in Bangkok and have issues let me know and I will hook you up with some long time residents, most retired military.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

https://fishkernfl.com

Cuts out the commercials and reposts the games a couple hours after they are finished. I had to do this bc I worked on Sundays. Also helps with whatever time zone issues you’ll have to deal with 

Thanks for ruining my day. Just re-watched condensed Bills/KC (again).

Great site though. 

Just now, amprov56 said:

Do a google search "NFL Ticket Bangkok" or wherever you are and guarantee a bar/restaurant will pop up. In Bangkok bars close at 2:00 AM but those that carry stay open, same with the World Cup. The places I have been to are nice, you may meet fellow Bills fans and lots of fun. Not sure about residents/commercial property but in this day and age I'm sure they can as many other posts have alluded to. Singapore, Korea, Thailand, and PI all have large US expat communities and many NFL fans. Good luck, if you are in Bangkok and have issues let me know and I will hook you up with some long time residents, most retired military.

That’s great, thanks.  My biggest issue with being there during football season is not watching with my crew.  Would be nice to meet up with some Bills fans.  

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

I would just watch the game for free, on any one of the 100's of freely obtained links on the internet. If you are halfway internet savy, which means you have an adblocker installed, you will find all you need is already out there.

Anyone ever needs links to anything, feel free to DM me.

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s great, thanks.  My biggest issue with being there during football season is not watching with my crew.  Would be nice to meet up with some Bills fans.  

Trust me, they're everywhere - Europe, Central/South America, Asia, Africa and Bills bars in the strangest places too.

The private BillsMafiaLiveStream Facebook group streams all the games live. I think it normally is good quality and technical glitches get resolved quickly.

2 hours ago, brianthomas said:

I would just watch the game for free, on any one of the 100's of freely obtained links on the internet. If you are halfway internet savy, which means you have an adblocker installed, you will find all you need is already out there.

Anyone ever needs links to anything, feel free to DM me.

Yeah, I have a site- it tends to lag a handful of times a game and I sometimes have to refresh.  I’d prefer to have something more dependable for Bills games.  

I did the YouTube TV/VPN thing for a couple of years from my home in Israel.  Not only is it too expensive, but YT actively blocks VPN traffic so you need to stay one step ahead of them and use a VPN server that they haven't discovered yet.  A pain in the butt.

Gamepass (now on DAZN) is the only reliable solution.