Who will be this year's Terrell Bernard??

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

He currently has the 25th highest FG % in NFL history. You could do a lot worse.

What is it if you remove last year?

As for next Bernard, it would have to be an inexperienced player taking over for a good player who recently left, +/- a guy who was considered a bad pick/reach. I guess that would have to be Coleman. 

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Epenesa has 13 sacks over 2 years playing a limi9ted role as a #4 and sometimes #5 DE.

AJE has shown he is better in the limited role then he did playing full time. He looked like a complete bust after two years which forced Beane to sign Miller to the worst contract in the NFL. So, with AJE experiences I wouldn't put him in the breakout category as Bernard. None of the other 31 teams thought AJE had shown enough to be given a contract

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Doc said:

What is it if you remove last year?

As for next Bernard, it would have to be an inexperienced player taking over for a good player who recently left, +/- a guy who was considered a bad pick/reach. I guess that would have to be Coleman. 

21st at 85.553. Just below Matt Bryant and above Jason Myers. Pretty good company.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Offense:  Torrance. There's nowhere to go but up. He'll learn to compensate for his lack of agility to improve his pass protection.

Defense: Dorian Williams. Very fast. Good tackler. The light will come on.

I was going to say Kincaid, but he's already great. The Madden raters just haven't figured it out yet. Same with Bernard.

15 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Offense:  Torrance. There's nowhere to go but up. He'll learn to compensate for his lack of agility to improve his pass protection.

Defense: Dorian Williams. Very fast. Good tackler. The light will come on.

I was going to say Kincaid, but he's already great. The Madden raters just haven't figured it out yet. Same with Bernard.

I think Williams is a real candidate but how does he get on the field is the question? Unless Milano is struggling to get back, which would be nothing other than bad news. 

I would have said Williams, but he showed flashes last year whereas Bernard didn't his rookie year.  And unless Milano can't return healthy/declines, I can't see him starting this year.

Elam seems like a reasonable answer here.  The only caveat is that he's got two solid CBs ahead of him on the outside, so the odds of him being a starter, especially early on are slim.  The coaching staff may be reluctant to bench a good starter even if there is someone on the bench who might prove to be better eventually

Posted (edited)

My hope is that it is Claypool. It is a LONG shot, but that would be the best result for the team.  He and Keon on the outside with Shakir and Kincaid in the middle part of the field. 

Throw in Cook with his explosiveness, and that would be tough to plan against. Then you have Samuel being a Swiss army knife for different alignments. 

Edited by Udubalum07

I'm hopeful it can be Dewayne Carter.  It seems like a lot of people on here have low expectations for him and some even writing him off as a bust.  But I'm hopeful he can be an impactful player and get a lot of playing time as part of the DL rotation.  He seems to have the drive to want to succeed.  I'm rooting for him