Is it true the Bills didn’t “do enough” at WR to compete for championships?

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Is the rest of the argument not accurate?

No it’s not, as evidenced by that ridiculous opinion.

Anyone holds that opinion and they don’t know nothing about nothing. 

I think what will see this year is a more BALANCED attack on offense , Knox is now healthy  two TE sets /  a solid running game and more play action  , 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I think what will see this year is a more BALANCED attack on offense , Knox is now healthy  two TE sets /  a solid running game and more play action  , 

I think Josh Allen excels in play action, so that would be a good thing.

• Like (+1) 3

Can't help but wonder if Josh will be more efficient without Diggs demanding targets. Just dropping back and reading what's available. .... Nobody questioning who's the boss on the field. ........ If Josh is as good as I think he is, he'll flourish doing what he sees in Brady's offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, FireChans said:

No it’s not, as evidenced by that ridiculous opinion.

Anyone holds that opinion and they don’t know nothing about nothing. 

Most of what you say makes no sense 

2 hours ago, Kornfed said:

Can't help but wonder if Josh will be more efficient without Diggs demanding targets. Just dropping back and reading what's available. .... Nobody questioning who's the boss on the field. ........ If Josh is as good as I think he is, he'll flourish doing what he sees in Brady's offense. 

And if he doesn’t and the offense stalls it’s because ‘no receivers’. 

• Like (+1) 1

In a year that made the most sense to double dip at wr, Beane chose not to. And my reasoning was simply 2 factors.  First, you may not see another pool of wr talent in a draft like this for several years. Second,  it acts as an insurance policy in case Coleman doesn't pan out.  It wouldn't of killed BB to grab Franklin or Walker in the mid rounds.  No one is rooting for Keon to shine more than me.  But if he struggles,  it will go down in "Beane Lore" as a collasal mistake. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 90sBills said:

And if he doesn’t and the offense stalls it’s because ‘no receivers’. 

Cmon man..... The team started to find cohesiveness in the second half of the season. Josh. Shakir and Kincaid.  .... There's more focus and continuity growing with out (although I loved him like everybody) Diggs distraction. .......   Now the staff just get to put the puzzle pieces on the field without a super ego say WTF? ..... I hope I'm right. ..... It's got to make things a bit easier for the coaches and Josh to focus on what should be done rather than who should do it. .... This is true.

• Like (+1) 2

Detroit and SF WRs are incredible. St Brown is so much better than anything we have. Then you have the Bengals which have completely shred us. You are constantly losing to KC who at one time was unstoppable because they had Hill and Kelce. Almost on purpose trying to not have good WRs is senseless. It benefited nobody. You should be trying to be as good as you can. Especially with rookie wage restrictions. We should have gone up and gotten 1 if not 2 top end WRs. I’m not saying we are going to be bad, but replacing a top WR in franchise history with nobody is not going to be a smart idea.

• Sad 1

On 5/4/2024 at 9:23 AM, eball said:

Weaker than Baltimore and Detroit?  Come on.  St. Brown is a slot receiver.  Baltimore’s offense is always shut down in the playoffs.

KC got better with Worthy but who knows when Kelce starts slipping (and Rice is a ?).

It’s not an uphill battle at all.  As many have noted, Buffalo’s problem in the playoffs hasn’t been offense — it’s stopping Mahomes and Burrow.

only "a slot receiver"....with 1500+ yards and 10 TDs.  

lol this thread...

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Kornfed said:

Cmon man..... The team started to find cohesiveness in the second half of the season. Josh. Shakir and Kincaid.  .... There's more focus and continuity growing with out (although I loved him like everybody) Diggs distraction. .......   Now the staff just get to put the puzzle pieces on the field without a super ego say WTF? ..... I hope I'm right. ..... It's got to make things a bit easier for the coaches and Josh to focus on what should be done rather than who should do it. .... This is true.

I agree with all of this. I just think we need more proven receivers. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Detroit and SF WRs are incredible. St Brown is so much better than anything we have. Then you have the Bengals which have completely shred us. You are constantly losing to KC who at one time was unstoppable because they had Hill and Kelce. Almost on purpose trying to not have good WRs is senseless. It benefited nobody. You should be trying to be as good as you can. Especially with rookie wage restrictions. We should have gone up and gotten 1 if not 2 top end WRs. I’m not saying we are going to be bad, but replacing a top WR in franchise history with nobody is not going to be a smart idea.

If we are solid most everywhere and have a glaring WR need next draft - which I doubt will be glaring - you make this move at the 2025 draft.  

We didn’t have enough to move up this year.  

Next year, especially if we miss the playoffs, we will have enough.   

That will give us Coleman, the 2025 Rookie WR, and the rest with tons of cap space with little of it committed to WR bc Diggs cap hit will be gone.  

11 hours ago, Kornfed said:

I'm expecting a great year for Josh. Nobody (allegedly) constantly nipping at his ankles. Gonna be larging and in charging.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If we are solid most everywhere and have a glaring WR need next draft - which I doubt will be glaring - you make this move at the 2025 draft.  

We didn’t have enough to move up this year.  

Next year, especially if we miss the playoffs, we will have enough.   

That will give us Coleman, the 2025 Rookie WR, and the rest with tons of cap space with little of it committed to WR bc Diggs cap hit will be gone.  

10 picks in your pocket wasn't enough to move up?

23 hours ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

They did not do enough at WR. You have JA17 as your friggin QB, he needs as many targets and downfield threats as possible. Instead you traded away his #1 and his #2 left in FA and really didn’t replace either. Samuel you can argue may replace Davis, but there is definitely no #1 in that building.

Knox is invisible, Kincaid has cement hands, Cook drops too many easy balls, and you have no idea what you’re getting from the rookie Coleman. You can’t compete for a championship when the Bills always address the WR position as they do. You can, however, compete for an early playoff exit which they consistently do. 

I have to disagree Mr. Walnuts. The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl with a bunch of hockey pucks playing receiver. Kelce even had a bit of a down year. They beat the 49ers, who are loaded at receiver. They also defeated the Ravens who have two very good receivers and a solid TE. The Ravens lost because they tried to out pass the Chiefs instead of just being the best rushing team in the AFC. The Bills, seeing KC’s success are emulating the approach. What team with a twenty five million dollar receiver has won it all? The answer is none. A variety of targets schemed in the right way, with a good running attack is enough when JA17 is Quarterback. Hell I can’t wait to see our younger jumped up defense fly around. These are some exciting times mates!

• Like (+1) 4