Keon Coleman: Josh Allen texted me “You’re the guy I want”

10 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I live in Cincinnati and Joe Burrow literally spent months publicly advocating for the Bengal's to draft Chase.  How did that work out for the Bengals.

I played college baseball and after a recruiting visit, our coach would bring some upper classmen in the office ask us what we thought of this guy. 

I mean, it happens at much lower levels lol.  

11 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Hey guy, I don’t know you in real life but your posts are really bad in real life.

This guy is quickly taking my "bad posts" crown away from me.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Circle + Teef + Men = Netflix docuseries 

What?  80 receptions, just under 1,000 yards and 7 TD’s is not good for a second round rookie?  
Yeah, it didn’t work for the Chiefs last year or the year before.

Defense won those chips and Mahomes being twice as good as Allen when it matters 

19 hours ago, Chaos said:

I doubt very many people who post on the board, feel as though they know better who the best offensive players to pick are, better than Brandon Beane. 
I doubt very many people who post on the board, feel as though they know better who the best offensive players to pick are, better than Andy Reid/Chiefs. 

I think a lot of people suspect the Chiefs know how do do things better than the Bills (based on Super Bowls won recently).   I think some of these people are concerned that the Chiefs with Worthy will have better results that the Bills with Coleman.  If they stopped to think about it, I suppose that if the Chiefs picked Coleman and the Bills picked Worthy, they would have the exact same concerns. 

As fan who thinks there is a .000001 percent chance the NFL is scripted, I am sad going into the season afraid that the Bills are going to lose in the scripted playoffs on a Mahomes to Worthy pass.  Mocking the Bills is a pretty joyful thing for a lot of NFL fans (sometimes even Bills fans, because if you don't laugh you have to cry)

I think you have a valid ask "if the Worthy and Coleman picks were flipped, would the same people have the same concerns?"   My guess is not so much, if only because Worthy generated so much "buzz" with his fastest 40 time while Coleman's 40 was "slug like".  But I'd project there might still be a reasonable number of fans who would feel concern that Coleman was an unheralded underdeveloped Beast while Worthy was a fragile twig who was going to be snapped in two by the Chiefs linebackers, because I think you're correct that people believe the Chiefs know how to do things better than the Bills - and their  belief has a good basis, until proven otherwise.

With regard to this board, we have the Weasel Words you "doubt very many" fans feel they know better than Brandon Beane.  We've just seen (weasel word alert) a significant number of posters who are loud and proud complaining about who the Bills did or did not pick in the just-completed draft.  In absolute numbers, as a fraction of the overall board membership,  it may not be very many but as a fraction of people who actively post (including some who I normally consider astute and knowledgeable posters), we see various forms of that.

As for the playoffs, I'll worry about getting there first.  Then I'll worry about whether or not Worthy pans out as a rookie pick and whether or not the Bills and Chiefs face off.

• Vomit 1

19 hours ago, Simon said:

Every single team worth its salt shows their leadership the courtesy of listening.

It certainly doesn't mean they are going to do whatever the captain says, but it creates a sense of ownership that is valuable in every locker room.

Riffing on this, there may be some "Devil in the Details" in the approach used.

I noticed that Beane said Allen calls or texts him and says "I've been throwing with this guy, what do you think about him?" or "I've been watching this guy's highlights, what do you think?"

I think it is possible that a certain HOF QB who recently switched teams and who was pretty loud about not having any input into team decisions, just MAY have approached his GM with more of a "this guy is really great and you ought to go get him for me" or "keep this guy on the team", which might elicit a rather different reaction from the GM and FO than "hey, what do you think about...."

Even the storied NY Yankees allowed Aaron Judge and Garrit Cole to speak to leadership and ownership in the off-season.  Why would the Bills not want to hear what Josh thinks? 

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think you have a valid ask "if the Worthy and Coleman picks were flipped, would the same people have the same concerns?"   My guess is not so much, if only because Worthy generated so much "buzz" with his fastest 40 time while Coleman's 40 was "slug like".  But I'd project there might still be a reasonable number of fans who would feel concern that Coleman was an unheralded underdeveloped Beast while Worthy was a fragile twig who was going to be snapped in two by the Chiefs linebackers, because I think you're correct that people believe the Chiefs know how to do things better than the Bills - and their  belief has a good basis, until proven otherwise.

With regard to this board, we have the Weasel Words you "doubt very many" fans feel they know better than Brandon Beane.  We've just seen (weasel word alert) a significant number of posters who are loud and proud complaining about who the Bills did or did not pick in the just-completed draft.  In absolute numbers, as a fraction of the overall board membership,  it may not be very many but as a fraction of people who actively post (including some who I normally consider astute and knowledgeable posters), we see various forms of that.

As for the playoffs, I'll worry about getting there first.  Then I'll worry about whether or not Worthy pans out as a rookie pick and whether or not the Bills and Chiefs face off.

If the picks of Worthy & Coleman were flipped (Bills get Worthy & Chiefs get Coleman) my overriding concern would be that we didn't land a BIG WR in the draft who could go up and turn 50/50 balls into 80/20 balls. I would be furious that Bean & McD went for the flash of the midget speedster while ignoring the higher upside of the big bodied freak WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, wppete said:

This guy is amazing. Very detailed talking about ball. Love this pick. 

The initial PC and behind the scenes video showed more the goofy/fun-loving side but this showed a little more of the earnestness and serious side of him I think (while still being engaging).  That to me is going to be the interesting thing to see - how he shows that competive side - the dog in him.

Could tell RG III was genuinely impressed by him and enjoying him.  His relationship with Josh is going to be something very interesting to watch - could end up being special.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2