Pegulas selling 25% of the Bills, per Tim Graham

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Announced on a Friday afternoon 5 days before the draft.  

Pegula is worse than a politician.  

And where is he?  

Diggs traded 

Granato fired

Minority sale of team

Nothing to see here.   

But it's Happy Hour!

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Announced on a Friday afternoon 5 days before the draft.  

Pegula is worse than a politician.  

And where is he?  

When did he announce anything?

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

pretty simple....he has a cash flow problem to pay for the new stadium cost overuns.

I doubt that this is the case. He could borrow the money if he didn’t want to liquidate other assets. The business model of buying a sports team, building a largely publicly funded stadium/arena/field/etc and then selling part or all of said team is well worn.

56 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This is correct. As I mentioned above, if the Pegulas did ever sell the team to a buyer at the team value of $5B, it would only cost that buyer 16% more to move the team.

Some people would simply see that as a cost of doing business. 

But moving is not a concern right now. This minority sale of the team is simply due to PSL's not selling as they hoped.

This is what I've been saying. Anyone wanting to take the Bills elsewhere would look at that penalty as a minor inconvenience.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

Slightly annoying. There’s no “mini” in aluminum. But somehow it ends up in there. 

This whole "Aluminium is not a 5-syllable word" stuff better be over before I count to free.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

They have billions of assets that they would be used to get any loan they want.

It just doesn't make sense to lose 25% of the profit every year, and even worse, to lose 25% of the value of the franchise.  Unless the Pegula's know the NFL has reached it's peak and profits, along with franchise values will decrease, it doesn't make sense to do it now, unless they want straight cash for something. 

I know that Biden wants to absolutely destroy estate taxes and I wonder how the estate works with PSE, Bills, Sabres, etc.  I just pray that it's set up in a way that estate taxes would have no impact on anything when they pass.

It’s an NFL team. He wants to keep it for obvious reasons. It makes so much money he won’t mind having a minority owner with a 25% share. 

53 minutes ago, Process said:

I honestly think this new stadium is going to be a disaster. The Buffalo market cannot support it, very simply there are not enough people who are able or willing to spend a **** ton of money to sit outside in garbage weather. I bet they are going to sell significantly less in PSLs than anticipated. 

From what I'm reading in the PSL thread, they are not having any trouble selling them.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Which means what exactly?

I think a lot of how he handles the team and how he’s publicly portrayed and the public portrayals of the team are similar to a politician that wants to maintain narrative control.   

To some extent that’s ok I just think he’s way too far - to the point he’d rather avoid even talking to the public - remember his early days as Sabres owner some of his press conferences were awkward like he didn’t want to be doing it or didn’t know how to communicate.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I think a lot of how he handles the team and how he’s publicly portrayed and the public portrayals of the team are similar to a politician that wants to maintain narrative control.   

To some extent that’s ok I just think he’s way too far - to the point he’d rather avoid even talking to the public.  

The man never says anything. People complain because he never talks to the press. I still don't get what you're seeing.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is what I've been saying. Anyone wanting to take the Bills elsewhere would look at that penalty as a minor inconvenience.

That Billsiest of all time Billsy moves to build a new $2.5B stadium at taxpayers expense and then relocate to a different city and abandon it.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

It is bonkers. I totally agree. 

Also, if he can find a buyer committed to keeping the Sabres in Buffalo for eternity he should 100% do that. They are valued at $900M and he is the worst owner the league has ever seen. 

Or maybe this is the best route? That means somebody else could be in the room with Terry and he can help save this franchise from the ol' Ter-Bear when it comes time to eventually replace Beane/Allen. The Sabres also act as a distraction for Terry. I imagine Brandon Beane waving the Sabres around like an imaginary ball for a dog to get Terry out of the room. 

Why on earth would anyone want to own a team in this town? Every time your team loses, people blame you and demand you sell the team.