NFL draft rumors 2024

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not really sure what the Bills were thinking last draft process. They must not have had any thought that Davis and Diggs would be gone by 2024.

Absolutely. They didn’t do anything about it, so they went “all in” in Diggs and Davis’s last year..? That’s not sound. 

3 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Absolutely. They didn’t do anything about it, so they went “all in” in Diggs and Davis’s last year..? That’s not sound. 

I love Kincaid but they could’ve easily got Addison. I had to listen to someone on WGR the other day say they really wanted him. 

I mean? Ok. He was only a few picks away. Let me say this, I think Addison, Flowers, and JSN would be the 4th WR this year.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Don't disagree with any of this, just trying to think of can a player be used a trade bait with what we realistically have that has some degree of value (not Elam). 

Where i get to is we have been close but not close enough to beating KC and now is one of the times to swing big to make our offense that much better and harder to defend. We have Josh allen and we will almost always be picking in the late 20s, on a serious note what does next year's 26 through 32 pick do for us? This is the year to go big imo and how do we sweeten it enough?

I surely do not want to weaken the Oline to move up. I don't really think there is an expendable roster player with the kind of value you are looking for. To get one of the big 3, you are significantly raiding 2025 picks and probably trading 28 and 60. I'd be excited to get one of them, but that price is too high, imo. If Thomas falls a bit, there might be a deal to be made there, though he's definitely a tier below.

I think they need 2 WRs, either through the draft or the draft and a trade for a veteran. I'd prefer to draft around 28 and use a 2025 second to move up from 60 for another receiver. That would be my plan, but there are multiple feasible options. At this point, it's close enough that I am ready for the speculation to end and see what Beane can figure out. I don't think he will be passive. If I had to bet, I'd say he moves up, but at this point it's unclear how far. I don't really see anyone wanting to trade back out of the top ten to 28. Beane might have to move up into the teens, and then move up again from there if a top 3 WR is his target. Going to be pricey as hell if that's what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I love Kincaid but they could’ve easily got Addison. I had to listen to someone on WGR the other day say they really wanted him. 

I mean? Ok. He was only a few picks away. Let me say this, I think Addison, Flowers, and JSN would be the 4th WR this year.

There were a lot of rumors last year regarding the Bills interest in Addison,  in particular,  but all three were top 30 visits.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They didn’t want in on the WR run. Beane knew it was coming, and when. He got up for Kincaid. That’s a strategy that can and should be scrutinized. 

I don’t know, Addison is still small to me. Flowers is gadgety but reliable (will we ever really know with Jackson throwing to him??). JSN, to me, is nothing special. Maybe a top ten calling sometime in his career.. for a short time of a year or two.

I feel like Worthy is more of a pick than any of those three, and McConkey and Legette could also be better than those three. BTJ should be much better than the 2023 class. Just my brainless survey. 

If Beane goes WR/WR in rounds 1 & 2, this board will self combust. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m not really sure what the Bills were thinking last draft process. They must not have had any thought that Davis and Diggs would be gone by 2024.

It was a very poor WR draft. Kincaid was an excellent pick. I don't think they expected Diggs to be gone by 2024, his cap hit implies that. I do think they were ready to move on from Davis. Losing both, however, makes WR a gaping hole, massive imperative. The folks who emphasize D can dismiss that all they want. Beane knows it, but he's going to need some good fortune to pull a rabbit (or two) out of this hat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

That or imo they won't be able to get far enough up for Leggett.....but maybe Coleman. I nice 1b combo imo.😎

No way any of Franklin, Leggett, or even Coleman to last anywhere near 60.

I predict Franklin is on the board at #60. I don't think he's going as high as a lot of people think. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Estro said:

I predict Franklin is on the board at #60. I don't think he's going as high as a lot of people think. 

He's certainly one of the more polarizing players in the draft. I can't remember who, but someone's board has him #76 or something like that. Then there are fellas here who aren't dim who think he's the fourth best WR. I do think there's a chance he falls. I'm not so high on him, so that's part of my own bias.

For what it’s worth (probably little) Charles Davis has us taking BTJ at 28. 

Talking heads at the NFL Network suddenly thinking he falls to us. Perhaps they are victims to the torn labrum smoke screen, or perhaps he’s not as high on other teams wish lists as we believed all along? 

Regardless, I’d be thrilled by that out come. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

they’re laughing now…but you’ll be the hero tomorrow at 8:45

There is zero percent chance we get MHJ. I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see any chance this happens

40 minutes ago, TOboy said:

For what it’s worth (probably little) Charles Davis has us taking BTJ at 28. 

Talking heads at the NFL Network suddenly thinking he falls to us. Perhaps they are victims to the torn labrum smoke screen, or perhaps he’s not as high on other teams wish lists as we believed all along? 

Regardless, I’d be thrilled by that out come. 

what if he has to have shoulder surgery and misses the whole season?

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not seeing the logic ..

One of the Top 10 has to move down to 28 … for essentially 2025 picks .. why not just take Odunze instead themselves  if he is going to be such a difference maker? Or is he only a difference maker for the Bills?

If a top 10 drafting team already has their QB on a rookie contract, it might make sense to pay a veteran WR (because they can afford it) rather than roll the dice on a rookie. Kind of like how we initial did with Diggs.

It's the teams who have QBs on a franchise QB contract that really need WRs on rookie deals.

3 minutes ago, cbatl32 said:

There is zero percent chance we get MHJ. I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see any chance this happens

Beane would need to get into the teens before Arizona is on the clock or make a 3 way deal that gets AZ to only drop down 12-15 spots

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Supposedly it would just be “something they have to manage in 2024” then offseason surgery to repair. 

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

Supposedly it would just be “something they have to manage in 2024” then offseason surgery to repair. 

If that is true, and it causes him to drop to 28, I'd take that risk.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This is one of the reasons why i feel like Beane will make a bigger move if he can - the not moving up much for Addison (they may have had Kincaid rated higher though) and the Elam pick - being patient cost us McDuffie and let KC jump us. I'm just hoping we have someone who is willing to move

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I surely do not want to weaken the Oline to move up. I don't really think there is an expendable roster player with the kind of value you are looking for. To get one of the big 3, you are significantly raiding 2025 picks and probably trading 28 and 60. I'd be excited to get one of them, but that price is too high, imo. If Thomas falls a bit, there might be a deal to be made there, though he's definitely a tier below.

I think they need 2 WRs, either through the draft or the draft and a trade for a veteran. I'd prefer to draft around 28 and use a 2025 second to move up from 60 for another receiver. That would be my plan, but there are multiple feasible options. At this point, it's close enough that I am ready for the speculation to end and see what Beane can figure out. I don't think he will be passive. If I had to bet, I'd say he moves up, but at this point it's unclear how far. I don't really see anyone wanting to trade back out of the top ten to 28. Beane might have to move up into the teens, and then move up again from there if a top 3 WR is his target. Going to be pricey as hell if that's what happens.

They are really high on Van Dermark, I'm not sure we will pay 2 tackles either as it is Brown's last year on his rookie contract...That is the only reason I am going there. There luterally is no one else on this team we can toss in. Elam is about as worthless as Zack Wilson

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well,  then they're screwed. 

With the WR depth chart being what it is,  whomever they select damn well better be able to produce at least at a halfway decent level this year.