TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Giants (BuffaloBillyG) are on the clock

With the 47th pick the New York Giants select: Tyler Nubin, Safety, Minnesota 

Help is definitely needed on the defense. We absolutely love the size and instinctive play of Nubin. He has the ball skills and tracking ability to thrive in Shane Bowen's defense. This guy is a ball hawk. We look forward to seeing him in Blue. 

@Doc Brownand the London Jaguars are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (Doc Brown) are on the clock

With the 48th pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select Ennis Rakestraw Jr., DB, Missouri

@frostbitmic and the Bengals are on the clock.

The Texans were close to pulling the trigger on Rakestraw Jr. with their earlier pick in this round but decided on Fiske instead. Seeing him on the board at this point made perfect sense to jump up....and we're glad we did. Ennis will be put on the fast track and be expected to contribute straight away. The duo of Rakestraw Jr. and Derek Stingley Jr. in the defensive backfield should conjure up thoughts of another fine pairing.....a bottle of Chianti and a bowl of fava beans.

Silence Of The Lambs Hannibal GIF

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Bengals (frostbitmic) are on the clock

With the 49th pick in the 2024 draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Cooper Beebe, G, Kansas St

@BigdaddyinOrlando and his Saints are on the clock.

Keeping our slightly fragile QB available each week has been an issue so the selection of Beebe should pay off right away. Besides, our 3rd Guard is named Cody Ford.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Saints (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

With 50th pick of the 2024 NFL draft the NO Saints select Adisa Isaac edge Penn State

Though he may be bit light right away we will put the weight on him. He has an extremely high and tenacious motor. Needs to develop more than just an outside move but he has talent needed.

The Pittsburgh Steelers @RyanC883 are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Rams (Emotionally Unstable) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida

Dependable slot target with good size and soft hands who will need to prove that he has the ability to free himself against NFL man coverage. Pearsall might get the stereotypical "crafty route runner" label, but it suits him. He appears to play with an idea of how to manipulate certain coverage looks and leverages. He also plays with attention to detail and a consistent route tempo to create windows, but lacks ideal foot quickness to beat press and maintain separation. While the hands are reliable, he's not physical enough to tilt contested catches in his favor and might have a ceiling of quality backup with punt-return value.

The Rams @EmotionallyUnstable are on the clock 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma.  

Yes, the Steelers went offensive lineman with both picks, but they needed it.  Looked at other positions of need, but nothing was there of value.  

Guyton is another high-upside prospect that possesses raw technical traits. Hand placement and punch timing needs to improve, but Guyton is a 6-foot-7, 322-pound blocker with rare size, measurements, and athleticism. Guyton’s athletic profile was evident at the NFL Combine, where he leaped a 34.5-inch vertical. If Guyton lands with the right offensive line coach that’s capable of coaching him through his inconsistencies, the sky’s the limit.

Looks like Guyton went at 31

With the 52nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the LA Rams select Bralen Trice, Washington, Edge

I had a few guys on my radar here: I liked Rakestraw until the trade up nabbed him. OT seems a bit picked over, and then Adisa Issac two picks ago….BUT:

Trice is a gamer. Had some rough testing at the combine which allows us a guy who plays best in full gear in Sundays, not in the shorts Olympics in the off season. 

After getting DL help in round one from Murphy, we’ll continue to bolster the defensive side of the ball up front. I don’t think Trice is a game wrecker, but he can be a nice piece as a future starter and has a floor as a situational player while the Rams learn to survive in the post- Donald era. 

The Phelon-dolphia Iggles and anything-but @Logic are on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

With the 52nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the LA Rams select Bralen Trice, Washington, Edge

I had a few guys on my radar here: I liked Rakestraw until the trade up nabbed him. OT seems a bit picked over, and then Adisa Issac two picks ago….BUT:

Trice is a gamer. Had some rough testing at the combine which allows us a guy who plays best in full gear in Sundays, not in the shorts Olympics in the off season. 

After getting DL help in round one from Murphy, we’ll continue to bolster the defensive side of the ball up front. I don’t think Trice is a game wrecker, but he can be a nice piece as a future starter and has a floor as a situational player while the Rams learn to survive in the post- Donald era. 

The Phelon-dolphia Iggles and anything-but @Logic are on the clock

I like it.

As soon as @Virgil amends the Guyton pick, I'm ready to make my selection and keep this thing rolling.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Logic) are on the clock

With the 53rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M.

After addressing our biggest need in round one with CB Terrion Arnold, we were thrilled to be able to address our next biggest need with our 2nd round pick by taking the top rated linebacker on our board. Cooper is an intense, aggressive player, a hard hitter, and has top line speed for the position. He is EXACTLY what Vic Fangio looks for in a linebacker, and he'll be able to spend a year spelling and learning from starters Devin White and Nakobe Dean. The former is only on a one-year deal, and if Cooper progresses as quickly as we think he will, he has a good chance to earn a starting spot by year two, if not sooner.

@Virgil and the morally bankrupt Cleveland Browns are on the clock.

Just now, Logic said:

With the 53rd pick in the 2024 NFL draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M.

After addressing our biggest need in round one with CB Terrion Arnold, we were thrilled to be able to address our next biggest need with our 2nd round pick by taking the top rated linebacker on our board. Cooper is an intense, aggressive player, a hard hitter, and has top line speed for the position. He is EXACTLY what Vic Fangio looks for in a linebacker, and he'll be able to spend a year spelling and learning from starters Devin White and Nakobe Dean. The former is only on a one-year deal, and if Cooper progresses as quickly as we think he will, he has a good chance to earn a starting spot by year two, if not sooner.

You mother *****...I had that picked teed up and ready to go.  

I hope it burns when you pee

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

In all my years at TBD, no one has ever wished urinary discomfort on me before. I guess the streak was bound to end sooner or later.

p.s. I was heavily considering Ricky Pearsall here, but you took him with your amended pick. My how the turntables...

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Yep was hoping he got to 60 but also thought there was no way he got passed the Eagles. And here we are. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida

Dependable slot target with good size and soft hands who will need to prove that he has the ability to free himself against NFL man coverage. Pearsall might get the stereotypical "crafty route runner" label, but it suits him. He appears to play with an idea of how to manipulate certain coverage looks and leverages. He also plays with attention to detail and a consistent route tempo to create windows, but lacks ideal foot quickness to beat press and maintain separation. While the hands are reliable, he's not physical enough to tilt contested catches in his favor and might have a ceiling of quality backup with punt-return value.

thanks, @Virgil.  Sorry I missed this pick.   My 2 kids had lax games back to back all afternoon that I was coaching (should have told you ahead of time but tried to check phone all day and failed). Great pick for the Steelers. 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Dolphins (TPS) are on the clock
Posted (edited)

With the 54th pick in the TSW Mock 2.0 draft, the Cleveland Browns select Jalen McMillan, WR, Washington

Slot target with good size and production over the last two seasons. McMillan is a long-striding field-stretcher who is at his best with momentum routes in a West Coast passing scheme. He lacks aggression and play strength and could labor against press or when faced with contested catches. McMillan has adequate build-up speed to create opportunities down the field but needs the ball on target. Teams will need to determine if McMillan was a product of the impressive Washington passing scheme, or if he's a stand-alone talent outside of UW. 

The Dolphins @TPS are on the clock

@TPS@Logic@LEBills

Please try to get your picks in this evening so we can start the Bills final poll tonight if possible.  

Still trying to aim for a Wednesday completion date for this thing so we can determine if there's time for round 3. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

With the 55th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Miami Dauphins select T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas.

Miami is happy to see Sweat fall down the board. We believe the family oriented environment in the city of Miami will be a healthy one for Sweat, and we're confident he will toe the line...

@LEBills and the Cowgirls are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Cowboys (LEBills) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, TPS said:

With the 55th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Miami Dauphins select T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas.

Miami is happy to see Sweat fall down the board. We believe the family oriented environment in the city of Miami will be a healthy one for Sweat, and we're confident he will toe the line...

@LEBills and the Cowgirls are on the clock.

You just made some posters very angry.  I have a feeling he was going to win the poll for the next Bills pick.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1