TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed

Virgil

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Saints (BigdaddyinOrlando) are on the clock

If you guys wanted to trade up for anybody at #17 to the Jags the draft value chart is almost perfect for the Bills to give this year's 1st and 2nd to move up to #17.  I'll even throw in Gabe Davis or Zay Jones for humor's sake.  Not sure if you want to though now that the top 4 consensus WR's are off the board.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Saints have agreed to a trade with Eagles. There are multiple targets still on the board for our positions of need at tackle, cornerback and receiver.

Saints trade pick 14(1100)

Eagles trade  pick 21(780) and pick 50(400)

the Eagles and @Logic are on the clock

Edited by BigdaddyinOrlando
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

The Saints have agreed to a trade with Eagles. There are multiple targets still on the board for our positions of need at tackle, cornerback and receiver.

Who approved the trade?

It looks fine to me, but @Logic did you sign off on this?

As a reminder, all trades need to be approved first in a PM with myself, Alphadawg7, and both GM's involved in the trade

Edited by Virgil

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Who approved the trade?

As a reminder, all trades need to be approved first in a PM with myself, Alphadawg7, and both GM's involved in the trade

I did sign off on it last night, yes sir.

Made sure the values matched and submitted the offer. It was fairly late at night and I headed off to bed. Figured it wouldn't get dealt with/submitted 'til morning. Apologies for the unintentional breach of protocol. I think some wires just got crossed.

I will await your word as to whether I should proceed with making my pick.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Made sure the values matched and submitted the offer. It was fairly late at night and I headed off to bed. Figured it wouldn't get dealt with/submitted 'til morning. Apologies for the unintentional breach of protocol. I think some wires just got crossed.

You're good to proceed.  I just wanted to make sure everyone was on board and someone knew about it.

Unfortunately, I've had issues in prior drafts where someone had two trades working at once, and both partners thought they were up to trade.  That's where the trade approval process came into play

3 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

The Eagles have pick #22, not #21.  I fixed it for the main page.  The values were correct.

@Logic is on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Eagles (Logic) are on the clock

With the 14th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama. ROLL TIDE!

With James Bradberry and Darius Slay both coming off down years, we felt the time was right to add some youth and athleticism to our cornerback group. Cornerback was far and away our biggest need, and we coveted Arnold above all other corners in this draft. He was the top corner on our board, and one of our top graded players overall. Rather than wait around to see if he fell to 22, Howie "Wheelin and Dealin" Roseman used one of his two 2nd round picks to move up and secure his guy.

Arnold is a twitchy man coverage corner, with loose hips, quick feet, and an aggressive willingness to challenge the receiver at the catch point. He boasted excellent turnover production in 2023, with 5 INTs and a FF. He'll come in and compete with the veterans we have, but we're confident that by year two, he'll be the alpha in our cornerback room and will lead the secondary for years to come.

**side note: In all my years doing these mocks, this was the first time I've successfully pulled off a trade. I just liked the player and the team fit too much to wait around for him**

@Allen2Moulds and the Indianapolis Drunken Irsays are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Colts (Allen2Moulds) are on the clock

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Jared Verse, DE, FSU…go NOLES!

The Colts went into the draft with a huge need at Corner and would’ve selected Quinyon Mitchell if available.  However, the board didn’t fall in favor of that to take place.  That being said, Verse is far and away the best player available on our draft board.  We also considered Latu, but had injury concerns, and Nate Wiggins, who is a bit undersized (light in the pants).  Verse was the cleanest prospect left.  With all the new young guns in the division, what better way to counter, than to bolster the pass rush.   

1 minute ago, Allen2Moulds said:

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Jared Verse, DE, FSU…go NOLES!

The Colts went into the draft with a huge need at Corner and would’ve selected Quinyon Mitchell if available.  However, the board didn’t fall in favor of that to take place.  That being said, Verse is far and away the best player available on our draft board.  We also considered Latu, but had injury concerns, and Nate Wiggins, who is a bit undersized (light in the pants).  Verse was the cleanest prospect left.  With all the new young guns in the division, what better way to counter, than to bolster the pass rush.   

Taken at 11.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

As posted about, Verse was already selected.  

Also, when you make your pick, please make sure you post the next person up to draft

1 hour ago, Logic said:

The cover up is always worse than the crime. 😁

30 minutes ago, TPS said:

Taken at 11.

You know you have bright future when you’re drafted twice.

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 15th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Laiatu Latu, DE, UCLA.

The Colts went into the draft with a huge need at Corner and would’ve selected Quinyon Mitchell if available.  However, the board didn’t fall in favor of that to take place.  We gave strong consideration to Nate Wiggins, but ultimately went with the most complete pass rusher in the draft.  He passed our medical exams at the combine, and has enjoyed back to back healthy/productive seasons at UCLA.

With all the new young guns in the division, what better way to counter, than to bolster the pass rush.   

@NeverOutNick  and the Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Seahawks (NeverOutNick) are on the clock

With the 16th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select QB Michael Penix Jr, Washington.

Even though personally I would take Nix over Penix, Coach Macdonald’s familiarity with coaching against the former Indiana QB and his rocket arm won the day. Outside of durability, Penix is the best QB in this class with a clean pocket in front of him. The rest of this draft class for Seattle will be to help shore up that O line to help their new franchise QB. For this year, Geno and Howell are here to ease Penix’s transition but neither have the upside of Penix and if he can stay healthy I believe his ceiling is better than McCarthy and Daniels and he’s already easily a better passer than both.

@Doc Brown and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - The Jaguars (Doc Brown) are on the clock

With the 17th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State.

Lots of options here for the Jaguars (CB, DT,WR) so they stick to their board and continue to invest in the offensive line to protect Trevor Lawrence.  Balke loves building up front.  We'll see whether he fits better at guard or tackle.  They think other positions can be addressed later in the draft.

The Cincinnati Bengals @frostbitmic are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

With the 16th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select QB Michael Penix Jr, Washington.

Even though personally I would take Nix over Penix, Coach Macdonald’s familiarity with coaching against the former Indiana QB and his rocket arm won the day. Outside of durability, Penix is the best QB in this class with a clean pocket in front of him. The rest of this draft class for Seattle will be to help shore up that O line to help their new franchise QB. For this year, Geno and Howell are here to ease Penix’s transition but neither have the upside of Penix and if he can stay healthy I believe his ceiling is better than McCarthy and Daniels and he’s already easily a better passer than both.

@Doc Brown and the Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock

I think this is going to be the Seahawks’ pick…

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Who approved the trade?

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Trade stands, but since neither @Virgil or myself were notified, a stiff penalty has been enacted.  $100 needs to be sent via Venmo to myself by the owners, and then the participating GM's must take @Virgil to Tiffany's Cabaret Gentleman's Club next Wednseday for Lumpy Hump Day daytime happy hour and provide no less than 3 flap dances and 3 rounds of Fireball double shots.   Just no, if @Virgil doesn't leave there itchy, sticky, or smelling bad, you didn't do enough and further sanctions may be applied.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Haha (+1) 5