Marvin Harrison Jr wants to be a Bill

I think we'd have to give up way too much.  But I'd also be wildly excited.

Ultimately, we could be talking about a combo nearly as legendary as Montana/Rice, for the next decade.  

What's that worth?

54 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

Does Daboll see any value in Knox? I don’t think the Giants have a reliable TE (Waller hasn’t seemed to make an impact there). 

If he did, adding him to the trade could make it a more appealing trade, pick-cost wise. 

But that would help us too much lol

Interesting thought!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

28, 60, 2025 1st, 2nd, 2nd    that is a fair offer for #4  

Is it expensive? Absolutely.   Worth it?  Good chance.

Allen and MHJ could be the best tandem in the NFL for the next decade 

Why MIGHT Beane feel comfortable with it?  Gets us a legit franchise player & we have a lot of cap room to fill other positions over the next few years

Now, who knows...maybe Beane and Allen slightly prefer Nabers or even Odunze all things considered.

You might be able to keep pick 60 in a trade for #6  and toss in 128 and an additional 4th next year. Basically exactly the Julio Jones deal 

why might beane do a big move? 

pick 6- 4 years 28m

projected contracts for chase and Jefferson- 4 years 120m

those cost control picks are great but if beane saves 92m by hitting on this pick you can fill a lot of holes with decent vets instead of draft picks 

92m saved and you sign a mid tier safety, instead of drafting a project at 60, similar commentary towards a center perhaps. Steal a mercenary pass rusher like Floyd for a year as a bridge if needed.

You just can do a lot with proven players with 92m instead of hoping for picks in the late 20s-60s 

but you have to nail the pick

Edited by NoSaint
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, NORWOODS FOOT said:

Edit: Actually… yes, I would do everything I could do to trade up and get MHJ. 2 1st rounders? Sure. Beane has such a mixed history of picking in round one. The only very good picks he has made, IMHO, is Allen and Kincaid. He had to pass on Mahomes to get Tre White. So yes, give up firsts and go get a super star.

Beane was not the GM, Whaley was.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Who are they going to take at QB with 6? Caleb Williams is going 1. Some combination of Drake Maye, Jayden Daniels, or J.J. McCarthy is going 2 and 3.

They'd either have to move up to 4 or 5 for the last of the 4. They'd have to beat out Minnesota, who has 2 1st's this year to do it. And if they can do that, then a.) they won't be at 6 to trade with and b.) Arizona or LA, who would also be expected to Draft one of the first two guys will.

And if they are of the mind that Penix and Nix are big time reaches at 6 (and they are) and are looking to move down to 28 with one of them in mind, there's not a guarantee the guy they'd want their would be available that low.

Harrison is going to AZ.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Maybe, I'm not so sure. Is there any team that has achieved major success pulling off a trade like for a non-QB player? 

When you're desperately trying to get younger, you need those picks. Who's to say you don't find a great WR with those 2 x 1st rounders & 2 x 2nd rounders? 

Even the Diggs to Buffalo trade showed how thar works. Vikings just replaced him with Jefferson, an even better WR. Same could even be said about the 2017 draft. We got Tre White out of it & a pick that helped us move up for Josh, but the Chiefs got Mahomes. 

Point is, we sound desperate right now, but a great player could be right there at all those spots if we just stay patient. 

I love Harrison - and I’d be thrilled to have him.  But…it’s too much of a gamble.  You hit - and you’re fine here.  But if you miss - you’ve lost 3 or 4 years here.  

For a thought exercise only - imagine if you took a WR with every one of those picks.  2 first round WRs and 2 second round WRs.   Now pick the best of those 4.  How much better is Marvin Harrison?  And how much more likely is it that Marvin Harrison will be a bust vs *all* 4 of those selections?

protect the downside here.  That’s too much to give up. 

16 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

I love Harrison - and I’d be thrilled to have him.  But…it’s too much of a gamble.  You hit - and you’re fine here.  But if you miss - you’ve lost 3 or 4 years here.  

For a thought exercise only - imagine if you took a WR with every one of those picks.  2 first round WRs and 2 second round WRs.   Now pick the best of those 4.  How much better is Marvin Harrison?  And how much more likely is it that Marvin Harrison will be a bust vs *all* 4 of those selections?

protect the downside here.  That’s too much to give up. 

It's all meaningless speculation with MHJ being a Bill anyway. MHJ will be a Cardinal if the top 3 picks are QB's which everyone expects.

1 hour ago, Julio Hopkins said:

McDermott was the GM.  

Poe-tay-toe Poe-tah-toe. Regardless, Beane was not involved in the decision regarding trading the pick and selecting Tre White. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If Arizona had ANY sense as an organization, they'd dump Kyler Murray and draft a QB 

Maybe that's the reason they trade back, build up picks for next years QB class.  Bills get the #6 and we get Harrison Jr and I end up with an erection.  

• Haha (+1) 2