IOL Depth…

18 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

We have many needs: WR, DT, S, DE, RB, IOL, OT, CB, LB…. I think in this order….

LOL, Ty J is a total embarrassment as a#2 RB…. I don’t know if he should even be on the PS…..

Our team needs talent so freakin’ badly…..

TJ is a viable back up RB in the NFL. He showed that w multiple big plays per snap. Certainly need 1 vet and I in the draft but TJ could start a game or two just fine. 

On 3/21/2024 at 7:37 AM, LabattBlue said:

Removing Bates & Morse from the roster leaves the Bills with Edwards, McGovern & O’Torrence on the IOL(unless I missed a FA signing…or one of the guys listed at OT can also be a viable IOL backup).

Unless they sign a couple of names before the draft, I would think IOL will be a Day 2 or early Day 3 priority. 

Well we do have 11 picks so I can see Beane using a mid to late round for depth candidates.

On 3/21/2024 at 8:06 AM, BarleyNY said:

Anderson has done nothing. It’s just speculation due to the Bates and Morse moves that he is a viable backup.

He did enough off the field and laying down preseason tape where the Bills had to carry him on the 53 for the entire season. That's not nothing. He would never clear waivers and Beane knew it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

He did enough off the field and laying down preseason tape where the Bills had to carry him on the 53 for the entire season. That's not nothing. He would never clear waivers and Beane knew it. 

Heck, I'm surprised we still have Gouriage. I think he competes for this roster. 

36 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Good clapping hands that it’s maybe less likely we feel a need to draft a C in Round 1 or 2 

I think there is a Zero percent chance they draft IOL in the first two rounds. Whether they added Clapp or not. It’s just not their MO. The only way I could see it is of one of those top tackles are sitting around at the end of round two and could potentially relace Brown next year. I think it’s WR, DT, or edge in the first two rounds with a DB being a possibility as well. JMO

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think there is a Zero percent chance they draft IOL in the first two rounds. Whether they added Clapp or not. It’s just not their MO. The only way I could see it is of one of those top tackles are sitting around at the end of round two and could potentially relace Brown next year. I think it’s WR, DT, or edge in the first two rounds with a DB being a possibility as well. JMO

Clapp will end up replacing Greg Mancz on the PS..

I can see them drafting both Tackle and a development C in Rounds 4-5…

60 is an awkward spot to get a T … the Top ones are long gone, and then the value ones don’t really start to middle third …

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Clapp will end up replacing Greg Mancz on the PS..

I can see them drafting both Tackle and a development C in Rounds 4-5…

60 is an awkward spot to get a T … the Top ones are long gone, and then the value ones don’t really start to middle third …

Totally agree

• Thank you (+1) 1

what a difference a day makes eh men/ ladies? 

Beane is the man with a plan. When this is all said and done I just hope the obvious cream rises to the top.  And they find some studs to protect our most valuable asset. the OL is in flux and it is all on HIM to make this team better.

And as far as the OL The meaner and uglier the better.

IOL outside of Torrence I have questions I’m sorry I just don’t get it.  Fine with cutting Morse - ridiculous tho to think he is easily replaced.  Then trade the backup.  And my gosh we just happen to have a quality Center playing LG.  Incredible depth!  

This regime hates Guards.  I still think the Torrence pick was just “we absolutely have to take him he fell this far.”  

I thought the O line was awesome last year would rather only have to hope 1 position change works out let alone 2 - and who knew!  We have another starting LG already on the team!   

Just skeptical.  Want my franchise QB to have an elite interior in front of him like Mahomes does.  It makes everything easier.  

19 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

LOL. You can’t be serious. I’d be lying if I said I remembered him from last year’s preseason scrub time - or that I even paid attention. I’m not saying that he didn’t deserve a spot on the 53. Maybe he did. But in preseason scrub time he earned a PFF grade of 46 with a 33.6 in pass pro. PFF is far from perfect in their grading, but that’s abysmal - and he wasn’t exactly lining up against NFL starters. Oh, and if you don’t believe me, then believe Beane. He just signed another IOL who has starting experience. 

Edit: Those grades were from preseason 2022. He did better in 2023 preseason. 76.5 run blocking and 54.7 pass blocking. 

Edited by BarleyNY

49 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

IOL outside of Torrence I have questions I’m sorry I just don’t get it.  Fine with cutting Morse - ridiculous tho to think he is easily replaced.  Then trade the backup.  And my gosh we just happen to have a quality Center playing LG.  Incredible depth!  

This regime hates Guards.  I still think the Torrence pick was just “we absolutely have to take him he fell this far.”  

I thought the O line was awesome last year would rather only have to hope 1 position change works out let alone 2 - and who knew!  We have another starting LG already on the team!   

Just skeptical.  Want my franchise QB to have an elite interior in front of him like Mahomes does.  It makes everything easier.  

Replaced the hole at LG with a guy that played every game in a SB winning season for $3m….  Not a bad result in a year that you are struggling for cap space …

38 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

LOL. You can’t be serious. I’d be lying if I said I remembered him from last year’s preseason scrub time - or that I even paid attention. I’m not saying that he didn’t deserve a spot on the 53. Maybe he did. But in preseason scrub time he earned a PFF grade of 46 with a 33.6 in pass pro. PFF is far from perfect in their grading, but that’s abysmal - and he wasn’t exactly lining up against NFL starters. Oh, and if you don’t believe me, then believe Beane. He just signed another IOL who has starting experience. 

I watched every snap as well. Safe to say my opinion diverges from PFF on this player, and citing this year's edition of Mancz doesn't move my opinion needle either. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

I watched every snap as well. Safe to say my opinion diverges from PFF on this player, and citing this year's edition of Mancz doesn't move my opinion needle either. 

Great job scouting our depth OL during preseason.