Deja Vu all over again - Offseason Jets talk

krf139

On 3/20/2024 at 12:46 PM, Beast said:

Boomer’s still bitter about this…

The most vicious clean hit on a QB that I've ever seen.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:55 PM, Charles Romes said:

As far as the jets go, there have been only about 2 QBs with any success after 40, Favre and Brady and those guys were virtually indestructible when it comes to injury avoidance. 

George Blanda says hi.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

I think a lot of what goes into these predictions is based solely on the fact that it's the New York media market where big bucks are involved.

If Boomer goes on the air and ruffles the feathers of millions of Jets fans by saying the Jets really still don't have a chance AGAIN because of the talent in the rest of the division, he will lose listeners ( i.e. advertising dollars) and may even lose his job...even if it's true.

On 3/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, krf139 said:

Living in Connecticut, I have no idea how I am going to listen to sports talk radio for the next 5+ months talking about how great the Jets are going to be.  With baseball season a week away, the talk on WFAN this morning has been all Jets.  The Jets have won nothing, haven't made the playoffs, have a highly suspect front office and coaching staff - yet everyone talks about them being a real threat to win the Super Bowl. 

Here's Boomer Esiason talking about how they've moved past the Bills.

The Jets are the latest team to try to win the offseason.  Typically this kind of thing doesn’t work out well especially when you rely so heavily on older oft-injured players like the Jets will be this season, but we’ll see

• Agree 1

On 3/20/2024 at 11:33 AM, krf139 said:

Living in Connecticut, I have no idea how I am going to listen to sports talk radio for the next 5+ months talking about how great the Jets are going to be.  With baseball season a week away, the talk on WFAN this morning has been all Jets.  The Jets have won nothing, haven't made the playoffs, have a highly suspect front office and coaching staff - yet everyone talks about them being a real threat to win the Super Bowl. 

Here's Boomer Esiason talking about how they've moved past the Bills.

STFU Norman.

Still seeing some chatter that even with Mike Williams that the Jets are still going to try to grab a top wide receiver in the 1st, under the belief that completely stocking the offense for Aaron's swan song (if he even plays) is the key to a Super Bowl victory.

40 year old media darling coming off a torn achilles Aaron Rodgers. Yeah, just get that guy some more weapons, that'll do it...