WR Mike Williams signs with Jets

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Easy to laugh at Jets but if they stay healthy they may contend. Rodgers has had a lot of rest so could come back and have a good year. He has a solid OL now with Hall at RB and Wilson and Williams at WR. They draft Bowers or see what WR is available. That is a solid O. 

Rodgers is done.  He'll be more statuesque coming off that Achilles at his age, his arm may not be as live, and he's too busy "reading books" and talking to RFK, Jr. about a potential VP bid. 

Winning the offseason is only good for selling season tickets.

Edited by Ayjent

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Jets are building a team that can really contend ... in September.

I'm so happy they kept Saleh for another year.

Edited by beerme1

The jets are really going all in rolling the dice for this one year. I can’t blame Douglas and Saleh  at all. They know this is it. No playoffs this year, they are both gone.  Nothing to lose and won’t be there next year if it fails so who cares how much it costs. The organization is desperate to break the drought. They win (just make playoffs) they are both back and bought some time after ending drought. We know the defense is legit, offense of course has all around age/health concerns but I would not be shocked to see the jets grab bowers in draft and final touch to be a wild card team next year. Unless Rodgers still has that MVP in him, I don’t view them as SB contenders but even in loaded AFC I can see playoffs 

1 minute ago, gjv said:

I hope our first game with the Jets is in November.

The league loves having these teams play week 1. In the Bills 64-year history they have played the Jets week 1 around 20 times.  Don't be surprised if it is another week 1 primetime matchup. Allen and Rodgers. This time it will probably last more than 4 plays. Plus, there is bad blood between the teams. Dion hates them and they had that fight in the stadium tunnel after the game in OP last season. Some juicy story lines here for the league to have them meet week 1.

15 hours ago, njbuff said:

The Jets are bigger MASH unit than the Bills were last year. Ouch.

I just hope things don't click for them if it does they will be a hand full with the weapons that they have .

8 minutes ago, T master said:

I just hope things don't click for them if it does they will be a hand full with the weapons that they have .

This year if Rodgers misses time and he probably will at some point then they have Tyrod Taylor to go to. Taylor isn't anything special, but he can win them games if Rodgers gets hurt. He is a nice upgrade over Wilson. Last year their season ended 4 plays into it, and everyone knew that. That won't be the case this year.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Every season the media is falling all over themselves about how good the Jets will be and every season they fall apart.......much like the Fins and lately, the Pats.

Well, the Jets are the defending offseason champions. 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As much as I like to bash the Jets, if they have the money to throw

around, this is a good signing.

They don’t need Williams to be fully healthy. They have Hall and Wilson as their main offensive weapons. Williams will be great as a complimentary piece who ideally can play in like 60% of the games. It’s a bit of a luxury signing for them.

Luxury? These are Jets. There’s no luxury here. With all these wonderful draft picks and Rodgers and Tyron Smith, etc they know this upcoming season is critical for the organization. Heads will roll if this goes south. They can’t afford luxury. 

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Jets trying to add Clowney also. They’re loaded. And they have a top 10 pick. Yikes. They remind me a lot of Tampa when Brady got there.

They’ve amassed some talent. Let’s see how cohesive on the field. I’m not sold. 

• Agree 1