Black Wednesday

Logic

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All these cold responses I think are missing the point. 

I expected all of these moves, I felt they all needed to happen, so no surprise here from me and no disagreement with any of the moves.  But that that still doesn't mean its not sad to see the door close on their careers here, especially given how important they were to the team and locker room.  

So I don't know...maybe save the harsh "good" to see them go comments for another thread.  Cuz I think the sentiment here is that while its the right move, its a bit of a bummer these guys time in Buffalo is done overall as they were huge parts of the team and community for long periods of time.  Talking about several fan favorites too.

I don't really see the point to celebrate or mock their departure...myself, I find myself just appreciating their time here and wishing them well where ever they go or do next.  

No one is mocking anything Alpha.  Tre’s time came and went due to injury.  He hasn’t really been a major part of the team in over 2 seasons.  He had a great start to his career.  But the second part was all injury.  

Poyer was a stud who brought his best every week.  I loved his game.  But he lost a a step or two.  Time to go.  That’s pro sports.  Real good guy and a good leader.  But we need better then Poyer could give anymore.  

Morse was a war horse.  Old school tough player.  Great leader also.  But he was expensive and we had to make the move.  A very good player and much respected. 

But you can’t look back.  We need to be better next season. I think Beane today is laying the groundwork for that.  And that’s what really matters. 

FWIW I still wear my Bruce Paup jersey sometimes for big games. But I am not sad he is long gone from the team.  That’s sports.  Hopefully full of good memories.  And love the players while they wear your team’s colors.  

i do miss Wayne Gretzky playing still.  But he is a special case. 

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

I think it’s a great day! They’re actually trying to move in the right direction. Bills may or may not take a step back initially but this will definitely pay off down the line. 

Loss of Morse is definitely going to hurt... Poyer was a great player up until the injuries piled up in 2022 and he wasn't the same guy anymore. Last year showed a considerable slip in performance. I, for one, am of the belief Beane has mishandled the cap and we will suffer for it this year and maybe next.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All these cold responses I think are missing the point. 

I expected all of these moves, I felt they all needed to happen, so no surprise here from me and no disagreement with any of the moves.  But that that still doesn't mean its not sad to see the door close on their careers here, especially given how important they were to the team and locker room.  

So I don't know...maybe save the harsh "good" to see them go comments for another thread.  Cuz I think the sentiment here is that while its the right move, its a bit of a bummer these guys time in Buffalo is done overall as they were huge parts of the team and community for long periods of time.  Talking about several fan favorites too.

I don't really see the point to celebrate or mock their departure...myself, I find myself just appreciating their time here and wishing them well where ever they go or do next.  

Given everything that they have done I would’ve liked to have seen them get rings with the team

• Agree 1

Quality secondary play has been one constant as a Bills fan that I believe characterizes this franchise.

Even in the Decade of Fail we had the likes of Jabari Greer, Stephon Gilmore, and Jairus Byrd to name but a few. 

McDermott has given us good secondary play and with Poyer and White.

This is not a business for sentiment with how quickly careers are over and players move on but I appreciate what Poyer and White have done for this team. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sad? Shocked? Nope! On the contrary, I’d have been mystified if Beane found a way to keep them all. This was all in a word…. inevitable. 

I'd be mad if he kept them all.  This isn't a knock on Poyer, Hyde, White or any of the others, because I appreciate the awesome plays they made and what they contributed over the years, but they all needed to go.  

We have to get younger. I'm not saying the guys that were cut would be holding us back next season, but they certainly wouldn't be pushing us to another level. 

37 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd be mad if he kept them all.  This isn't a knock on Poyer, Hyde, White or any of the others, because I appreciate the awesome plays they made and what they contributed over the years, but they all needed to go.  

We have to get younger. I'm not saying the guys that were cut would be holding us back next season, but they certainly wouldn't be pushing us to another level. 

We have to get cheaper. And the easiest way to do that is by getting younger. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

It's the process that McD never utilized.   If you can't play up to a certain standard or can't play up to your contract requirements then you're gone.

Bring in some new talent, all for it !!!

Then make them inactive for every 4 out of 5 games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.