Officially the Offseason: Tyreek Hill Assaults another woman

DrDawkinstein

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

yes, I said that.

I don't think many are disputing the basis for her lawsuit--this was a witnessed event and she has the records to prove it.  My issue was equating this to domestic abuse cases involving Hill or other players. 

The story lines up with, his ego got bruised so he got angry and made sure to knock her to the ground, I'm not sure how that isn't in line with domestic abuse.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The story lines up with, his ego got bruised so he got angry and made sure to knock her to the ground, I'm not sure how that isn't in line with domestic abuse.

Tell me all of the cases of domestic abuse you have read about that begin with 2 adults lining up across from each other (willingly) and pretend they are performing a football maneuver, where one breaks the other ones legs as a result of an overly aggressive form of this play.

The guy is a known POS, but equating this with his previous acts isn't accurate.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

She is openly admitting she was playing football/practicing drills with Tyreek.

It doesn't surprise me she got hurt. 

I myself wouldn't agree to playfully spar with Jon Jones for good reason.

Tyreek is not a good person, I know that. But this woman definitely was a willing participant in contact drills with an NFL player, bad decision. 

“She was asking for it,” in other words. 

Gotcha. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tell me all of the cases of domestic abuse you have read about that begin with 2 adults lining up across from each other (willingly) and pretend they are performing a football maneuver, where one breaks the other ones legs as a result of an overly aggressive form of this play.

The guy is a known POS, but equating this with his previous acts isn't accurate.

the real issue is they are not partners or domiciled together or any of the things that make it a domestic abuse. It’s just assault if he intentionally did this and wasn’t just a clumsy moment. 

that said, getting in a physical altercation similar to what’s claimed with your spouse would absolutely still fit the bill for domestic abuse all the same as pushing her into the stove if you were cooking together, hitting her “accidentally” if doing a house project, or if at the gym and you dropped the bar on her cause she made a joke about you not being strong 

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You don't think there are any domestic violence stories where the pair is physically playing around the abuser gets embarrassed in some way and then suddenly turns violent.....really?

Edited by Warcodered

32 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

She is openly admitting she was playing football/practicing drills with Tyreek.

It doesn't surprise me she got hurt. 

I myself wouldn't agree to playfully spar with Jon Jones for good reason.

Tyreek is not a good person, I know that. But this woman definitely was a willing participant in contact drills with an NFL player, bad decision. 

probably not going to be many sympathetic jurors for Jon Jones if you are doing a playful slap fight, you make a joke and he rocks your jaw. 

I won’t claim to know what transpired between these two but…. If he intentionally laid a hit on her to get back at her, he’s going to deservedly pay the price 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

In what world is it a good idea for a guy like Tyreek Hill to even agree to participate in a thing like this?

He is not a smart man.

yea, I mean, if he goes in expecting to be self deprecating and having fun it’s fine I guess… but even then she trips over her own feet and you look like a jerk 

going into it trying to show her up is real dumb.

but I guess he did that powder puff flag football kick return that was pretty well received 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You don't think there are any domestic violence stories where the pair is physically playing around the abuser gets embarrassed in some way and then suddenly turns violent.....really?

you’ve never heard of the 3 point stance exemption? If you get in a stance and they don’t retreat, you can totally wreck them with impunity 

23 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the real issue is they are not partners or domiciled together or any of the things that make it a domestic abuse. It’s just assault if he intentionally did this and wasn’t just a clumsy moment. 

that said, getting in a physical altercation similar to what’s claimed with your spouse would absolutely still fit the bill for domestic abuse all the same as pushing her into the stove if you were cooking together, hitting her “accidentally” if doing a house project, or if at the gym and you dropped the bar on her cause she made a joke about you not being strong 

Intentionally crushing your spouse with a heavy weight yes that would certainly be abuse.

but that's not what is being described here (by only one party no less).  

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Do you often paraphrase entire statements to make them say what fits your narrative? Or just today?

Southern_Bills better keep your head. Don’t forget what your good book said. 

Edited by Gugny
  • Agree 1

On 2/27/2024 at 9:38 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Haven’t we learned to not buy into every story like this that comes across the wire 

Ohh great, all this board needs is more Araiza-like vomited threads.

On 2/27/2024 at 8:31 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Is it safe to say, "alcohol may have been involved"?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.