Pit Bulls are so cuddly!!! Breed more of them.

BringBackFergy

Fun Fact: American Pit Bull Terriers are illegal down here in NZ. 

The following five breeds cannot be imported into New Zealand: American Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Brazilian Fila, Japanese Tosa.

https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Resource-material-Dog-Control-Key-Facts?OpenDocument#:~:text=dog obedience course.-,Banned breeds,Council is agreed by Parliament.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Never thought I’d own a pit. Found one on the street about 12 years ago. Brindle color just looks full muscle about 70 lbs now. He’s been attacked twice in his life both by labs. One of the labs killed a German shepherd the week after he attacked my dog and was put down. My brother was also attacked by a lab when he was about 5.
ive  raised my kids with this pit and not once have I ever even worried he’d do something. The only dog I’ve ever been bitten by was my childhood dog which was a dachshund.

funnyish story. He used to hate water cause he fell in the ocean down the break wall at my old beach house in Carolina. Got cut to hell with all the little things. Well my gf at the time would pretend like she needed help in the pool to get him to come in the water. So he then thought everyone in the water needed help. We were at my lake house here in ny and my nephew was swimming off the dock so he went in after him and grabbed him with his paws thinking he was saving him and scratched him pretty good.  Now we keep him away from the water when people are swimming lol. 
he’s the best dog I’ve ever known

You’ve got more sh!t than a barnyard. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You’ve got more sh!t than a barnyard. 

Just my experience with my pit that’s all. I also didn’t mention that I fostered a couple and found them homes. The last one went to my old lady’s cousin and I will never forgive her for giving him to them. That dog was amazing. Every time he shares a photo of the dog cuddling with their baby I’m both happy he’s in a great home but sad he’s not with us. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Fun Fact: American Pit Bull Terriers are illegal down here in NZ. 

The following five breeds cannot be imported into New Zealand: American Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Brazilian Fila, Japanese Tosa.

https://www.dia.govt.nz/diawebsite.nsf/wpg_URL/Resource-material-Dog-Control-Key-Facts?OpenDocument#:~:text=dog obedience course.-,Banned breeds,Council is agreed by Parliament.

I bet this one had something to do with that decision. Good call!

”ohhhh, but this puppy is so sweet. Loves our family”. 
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/pets/blood-smeared-on-walls-horror-dog-attack-leaves-family-reeling/news-story/9e1ccc27d53a955c5096be0bb2215831?amp

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Just my experience with my pit that’s all. I also didn’t mention that I fostered a couple and found them homes. The last one went to my old lady’s cousin and I will never forgive her for giving him to them. That dog was amazing. Every time he shares a photo of the dog cuddling with their baby I’m both happy he’s in a great home but sad he’s not with us. 

Is the baby no longer with us? RIP. That’s the whole point of this thread. 

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/pets/blood-smeared-on-walls-horror-dog-attack-leaves-family-reeling/news-story/9e1ccc27d53a955c5096be0bb2215831?amp

Is the baby no longer with us? RIP. That’s the whole point of this thread. 

Baby is all good. Problem is baby likes using the dogs ear as a chew toy lol and then licks the babies face to stop him from doing so. The dog just can’t help himself from cuddling with the kid. 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Fun Fact #2: Australia and New Zealand are separate countries. 😄

• Haha (+1) 3

On 2/25/2024 at 8:38 PM, boyst said:

Pitts can be good dogs. They can be bad dogs. But they're always dangerous. 

Our neighbor the animal professional has a bunch of hard-earned words of wisdom.  One of them is "think species first, individual second"

She means, you might have a tiger that you hand-raised from a cub and trained carefully and love and consider a friend, but you better never forget that at its base, it's not a kitty cat, it's a damned tiger and when something triggers it to remember that, Tigers gonna Tiger.

They aren't species, but because of intense selective pressure from humans, I think you could say the same thing about different breeds of dog.  Yes, pits and pit mixes can be carefully raised and trained to be loving and affectionate pets, but the owner had better well remember that at its base, it's a dog that was bred to fight other dogs and never give up, and when something triggers it to remember that, that's what you're gonna get.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

well it is clear that there are dogs that kill babies. Is this barrage of daily proof necessary? I feel bullied by your hate of my dogs breed 😗

Sidenote: The "bullied" reference was an attempt at humor in view of such dire posts above. It is my fail safe. bullies are a breed get it get it? lol

Check this out fergy: my new grandbaby is coming to visit her abuelas in socal. Do you think that for even a millisecond I would allow ANY dog around my 8 month old grand daughter after reading this thread.  absolutely NOT. 

nor would my son, my dil so that issue for me is personally off the table. 

so if you need validation that someone is listening you need no longer I GET IT

will this plea help the dead baby killed by pitbulls posts  stop?

Film at 11  Lord have Mercy

Edited by muppy

1 hour ago, muppy said:

well it is clear that there are dogs that kill babies. Is this barrage of daily proof necessary? I feel bullied by your hate of my dogs breed 😗

Sidenote: The "bullied" reference was an attempt at humor in view of such dire posts above. It is my fail safe. bullies are a breed get it get it? lol

Check this out fergy: my new grandbaby is coming to visit her abuelas in socal. Do you think that for even a millisecond I would allow ANY dog around my 8 month old grand daughter after reading this thread.  absolutely NOT. 

Sigh just sigh 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, muppy said:

Why don’t you just stop reading the thread?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

Pit bulls attack to kill anything other attack. They can't be broken of their grab. It is genetic. They are PIT BULLS. Do folks know what that means? 100-150 years ago these dogs were still used to do one thing.  Go in the pit/chute/corale and bring down a bull. They were trained to attack the bull ring on 2500 animals and bring them down. And they did. Their bite so fierce, so powerful, so determined they'd hang on and sometimes be killed by the bull without letting go.

Golden retrievers attack, all breeds attack. Personalities differ. But, go do your own work to see what percent of attacks by non-pit or non rottweiler or other aggressively historic dogs actually kill.

Some pitbulls are nice, sure. I'll give you that. But I would trust any dog over 4 lbs around a baby.

Some idiot brought her pitbull to the playground where children were playing. The dog was not calm, was quite stressed and showed signs of aggression. The 150 lbs woman holding that 100 lbs dogs full restraint harness couldn't stop that dog from killing anyone there. Yet, dumbass Dorothy brings her pitbull to a children's playground. The problem isn't just the breed. It's the folks who feel entitled to bring their dog "diesel" to the playground but she's not that bad, or the ones who just think everyone else is the problem. I don't think any dog belongs at a children's playground, for the record.

so, if you can't have responsible people owning an animal then you shouldn't have a dog capable of killing int he capacity them at pits do. Statistically speaking, it's 25% of all fatal dog bites are pitbulls and I promise that's probably low.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Personal responsibility is hard. Being a victim is easy. Poor thing. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

okay Uncle. Enjoy your baby killed by dogs thread.  I'm out. for good.

actually no. ONE last Productive comment. If breeding of pitties is so deadly why not arrest the BREEDERS. The dogs themselves did not ask to be born.

WOOF says muppy ADIOS

my condolences to the babies  being used as tabloid fodder in this thread