Measles is a 'heat-seeking missile' experts warn as Florida outbreak grows

31 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What is your solution to the southern border?

A comprehensive approach is required to resolve the issue at the border. This involves addressing immigration policy, border security, economic development, and humanitarian concerns.

The resolution should include enhanced border security, technological investments for monitoring and enforcement, and addressing migration root causes in Central American countries.

Additionally, it should involve streamlining legal pathways through comprehensive immigration reform and ensuring humane treatment of existing migrants. International cooperation with neighboring countries is also key to effectively managing the border.

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/24/2024 at 10:52 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

partisan voices fear mongering as usual.

The rates of all vaccines are down.  People remember the vaccine mob and how wrong they were.  Lost a lot of integrity and trust with the public.  

The op would be the voice of said mob.  

Hoax.  Smallpox disagrees. 

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Good one, I'm still in college. That's an L for u.

I bet you get all the chicks when you start talking about reproductive freedom. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

A comprehensive approach is required to resolve the issue at the border. This involves addressing immigration policy, border security, economic development, and humanitarian concerns.

The resolution should include enhanced border security, technological investments for monitoring and enforcement, and addressing migration root causes in Central American countries.

Additionally, it should involve streamlining legal pathways through comprehensive immigration reform and ensuring humane treatment of existing migrants. International cooperation with neighboring countries is also key to effectively managing the border.

I agree with a fair amount of this, but I love that you didn't call me a freak or an idiot.  I like this style of BillStime much better.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

mm hmm...why is Catholicism a strike against Mexicans?

Why are you so desperate to find hate where it doesn't exist?  It's a problem for both sides, true, but it's clearly what you are doing here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Whenever you’re in college, learn to take in different cultures, nobody tells you how to think the majority of the kids don’t think like you do

And I think that bothers you You’re in the minority

I had a different experience,  John. I had a few poly sci teachers who required you to view the world through their viewpoint, and anything less and you were given poor marks. There was zero room for duscussion.  And like Fergie loves to remind us, we went to an "ELITE" university. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Whenever you’re in college, learn to take in different cultures, nobody tells you how to think the majority of the kids don’t think like you do

And I think that bothers you You’re in the minority

Bro I lived I new Mexico for 6 years. Being the minority doesn't bother me. Illegal immigration does.

14 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Bro I lived I new Mexico for 6 years. Being the minority doesn't bother me. Illegal immigration does.

Still doesn’t get it

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I had a different experience,  John. I had a few poly sci teachers who required you to view the world through their viewpoint, and anything less and you were given poor marks. There was zero room for duscussion.  And like Fergie loves to remind us, we went to an "ELITE" university. 

I just don’t think you’d like the way that the teacher was teaching you we see students like you all the time

It’s OK higher education isn’t for everybody

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Still doesn’t get it

I just don’t think you’d like the way that the teacher was teaching you we see students like you all the time

What don't I get?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Why are you so desperate to find hate where it doesn't exist?  It's a problem for both sides, true, but it's clearly what you are doing here. 

Why are haters afraid to show their true convictions?  Why wear hoods and ski masks?  Why devise false identities?  We're not talking abstractly.  We're talking "right here, right now".  And which posters here on the left do you suspect believe in hate as a political and cultural device?  I don't recognize any but there are several here on the far right.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I had a few poly sci teachers

Most profs were women in that dept when I was there.  Did they tape your mouth over?  physically throw you out of the classroom?  I was actually pretty conservative in college and still a Republican in the real sense.  I don't ever remember my opinions being squelched.  Now had I donned a robe or swastikas, that would have been a different story...

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

I agree with a fair amount of this, but I love that you didn't call me a freak or an idiot.  I like this style of BillStime much better.

You really think he thought that up himself?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  Smallpox disagrees. 

I bet you get all the chicks when you start talking about reproductive freedom. 

My wife is more pro life than I am. Apparently, she trusts the science more than you do.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Most profs were women in that dept when I was there.  Did they tape your mouth over?  physically throw you out of the classroom?  I was actually pretty conservative in college and still a Republican in the real sense.  I don't ever remember my opinions being squelched.  Now had I donned a robe or swastikas, that would have been a different story...

We had a good mix of liberal and conservative professors in our poli-sci department at the private liberal arts college I attended.

In contrast to the current climate, and before the rise of the Tea Party/MAGA movement, conservatives and liberals were able to engage in meaningful dialogue. Sadly, this has been disrupted by those who, under the guise of Republicanism, hold beliefs more akin to Hitler’s Germany.

Putin couldn’t be more thrilled w his investment in Conald Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I hope the parents of kids infected sue this quack for malpractice.  And Desantis for searching him out for the job during Covid for his anti vax stance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2024/02/25/florida-measles-outbreak-surgeon-general-cdc/72729310007/

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/27/joe-ladapo-university-of-florida-00128541

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Still doesn’t get it

John, I find it offensive that you would try and discredit my experience.  How could you possibly know if you weren't there?

Are you a teacher?   

• Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I hope the parents of kids infected sue this quack for malpractice.  And Desantis for searching him out for the job during Covid for his anti vax stance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2024/02/25/florida-measles-outbreak-surgeon-general-cdc/72729310007/

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/27/joe-ladapo-university-of-florida-00128541

What basis would the parents have to sue? They are the party that didn't get their child vaccinated, right? 

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Why are haters afraid to show their true convictions?  Why wear hoods and ski masks?  Why devise false identities?  We're not talking abstractly.  We're talking "right here, right now".  And which posters here on the left do you suspect believe in hate as a political and cultural device?  I don't recognize any but there are several here on the far right.

Who here is afraid to show their true convictions? Because it looks a lot like you are desperate to find evil where it doesn't exist.  Right here, right now.  

It's fascinating that you think because someone has a difference of opinion that you that they must be evil.

But sure, out in the real world lots of terrible people hide their true identities for all sorts of reasons. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the vax is 93% effective.  Measles is highly contagious.  This is a huge, susceptible, powerless population.  connect the dots.

Explain "powerless population" for me. I'm guessing this is where you and I have significant disagreement?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tenhigh said:

Who here is afraid to show their true convictions? Because it looks a lot like you are desperate to find evil where it doesn't exist.  Right here, right now.  

It's fascinating that you think because someone has a difference of opinion that you that they must be evil.

But sure, out in the real world lots of terrible people hide their true identities for all sorts of reasons. 

two examples right here right now:  Doc who has admitted not being a physician in the recent past (but now again insists he is) while opining on Covid and Levi who labeled Catholicism strike one against Mexicans.  It's all here in black and white and still they (and some other cons like u) dispute it.  As one of the dipshites here ironically says "the sky is green".

Just now, Pokebball said:

Explain "powerless population" for me. I'm guessing this is where you and I have significant disagreement?

They are children.  They have no power to get immunized or to attend school in a safe environment free of measles.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

two examples right here right now:  Doc who has admitted not being a physician in the recent past (but now again insists he is) while opining on Covid and Levi who labeled Catholicism strike one against Mexicans.  It's all here in black and white and still they (and some other cons like u) dispute it.  As one of the dipshites here ironically says "the sky is green".

1. Where did Doc say he is not a physician?

2. Are you sure you don't misunderstand Levi's point?  

3. Aren't you the guy that openly supports swatting your political opponents and cheers on the deaths of maga Republicans? 

Isn't that hate?  Just not when it's YOU doing it?

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Negligent misrepresentation. 

Struggling with personal responsibility again and again. You're the damn parent, quitting making "the state" responsible for your kiddo. Every parent of every child received a letter informing them of the outbreak, telling them that it's up to them whether or not their child gets vaccinated, or whether an unvaccinated child stays home from school after getting exposed.

Edited by Pokebball