Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

hahaha what do you think the GM is going to say?  “Oh yeah well….we’ll see what happens with him”  Beane isn’t going to bid against himself and tank any trade value

The difference is - he wasn't even asked about Stefon Diggs. He didn't have to even bring him or "the situation" up. He said that completely unprompted.

He went out of his way to say "he's going to be here and we're happy to have him".

Literally EVERYTHING is taken out of context to push a narrative. They're called "cryptic comments" for a reason. These aren't concrete statements. These are opinions pushed as fact.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Stop.  Its never going to happen and its a terrible idea overall.  You do this with every player as if the cap has no impact on these trades either.  

Diggs is not going anywhere whether anyone wants him to or not, at least not this year.  

Where do you guys come up with this nonsense.  Diggs has literally said Josh is family...he wants to retire a Bill...he hopes he stays.  Josh, Beane, etc have all gushed over Diggs too.

You guys are just ridiculous about how you try and twist everything into drama with him.  Cannot wait for the offseason to end so this thread, literally the dumbest and most pointless thread of the year manufacturing drama where there isn't any goes away.

Feel free to put me on ignore.  Sometimes, Diggs creates the drama. He knew exactly how this would be perceived by fans and media and likely many in the NFL

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Because of exactly what you and opinion pieces like CBS are doing!

He sees the nonsense. He sees people saying "oh, maybe Beane wants to trade him". He chose to shut it down.

you’re only looking at 1 side of the coin. He’s a two face and has spoken as such during interviews

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Feel free to put me on ignore.  Sometimes, Diggs creates the drama. He knew exactly how this would be perceived by fans and media and likely many in the NFL

No he did not.  Stop.  This nonsense is getting out of hand.  He literally did NOT say anything at all that should be seen as controversy.  And then he went out and made perfectly clear what he wants, which is to be here.  And yet all you catty conspiracy theorists and media just keep harassing him with stupid questions or manufactured theories that are just absurd despite him making it clear what he wants.  

It is so ridiculous, and honestly, he has also politely made clear just how sick of it he is, and so has Josh.  

But carry on with your catty nonsense like you guys are on Housewives of Buffalo or something.  

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

you’re only looking at 1 side of the coin. He’s a two face and has spoken as such during interviews

When?

You literally just rehashed an old interview with one part taken out of context. In THAT VERY interview, he called Josh his brother and said he doesn't want to leave.

"Sometimes when there's smoke there's fire"? He was not talking about whether or not he wants to be here. He was talking about it from the perspective of Beane possibly choosing to trade him. Which Beane then addressed at the Combine saying he doesn't.

I'm looking at what's ACTUALLY said. You're hearing what you want to hear to push a narrative.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

only by a few million

They'd save $38m more in cap space over three years if they trade him after June 1st.  They'd have to get one heck of an offer before the draft for them to give that up and his stock is pretty low right now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No he did not.  Stop.  This nonsense is getting out of hand.  He literally did NOT say anything at all that should be seen as controversy.  And then he went out and made perfectly clear what he wants, which is to be here.  And yet all you catty conspiracy theorists and media just keep harassing him with stupid questions or manufactured theories that are just absurd despite him making it clear what he wants.  

It is so ridiculous, and honestly, he has also politely made clear just how sick of it he is, and so has Josh.  

But carry on with your catty nonsense like you guys are on Housewives of Buffalo or something.  

That must explain why the Head Coach and GM needed to have a meeting with him last off-season. It was so heated he was told to go home and let cooler heads prevail….excused from practice. Sean said he was very concerned.  Josh even said they were working through some things. That’s not nothing. It could have been resolved for during the season….but this is the 2nd year in a row.  

Again, there are multiple posters on here who have proven records of reliable inside info before something happens.  They have talked about Diggs antics and friction 

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

When?

You literally just rehashed an old interview with one part taken out of context. In THAT VERY interview, he called Josh his brother and said he doesn't want to leave.

"Sometimes when there's smoke there's fire"? He was not talking about whether or not he wants to be here. He was talking about it from the perspective of Beane possibly choosing to trade him. Which Beane then addressed at the Combine saying he doesn't.

I'm looking at what's ACTUALLY said. You're hearing what you want to hear to push a narrative.

EXACTLY

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That must explain why the Head Coach and GM needed to have a meeting with him last off-season. It was so heated he was told to go home and let cooler heads prevail….excused from practice. Sean said he was very concerned.  Josh even said they were working through some things. That’s not nothing. It could have been resolved for during the season….but this is the 2nd year in a row.  

Again, there are multiple posters on here who have proven records of reliable inside info before something happens.  They have talked about Diggs antics and friction 

Geezus...now you are going back to last year, something that was squashed immediately and was not at all a factor at any point in the season.  

Ok Karen.  Your crazy bias to make this into something is unreal.  

Honestly, this thread makes it embarrassing to be a Bills fan.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

EXACTLY

Geezus...now you are going back to last year, something that was squashed immediately and was not at all a factor at any point in the season.  

Ok Karen.  Your crazy bias to make this into something is unreal.  

Honestly, this thread makes it embarrassing to be a Bills fan.

I'll even take it a step further....

Hearing what he wants to hear to push the narrative he needs to be traded - because he wants a scenario where we have the ability to Draft 2 WR's this year instead of 1. That's the real motivation.

And for others, it's because he dropped the ball in KC. Or they just don't like his personality. That's the real issue. They're motivated for it to mean he doesn't want to be here because they want him gone.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'll even take it a step further....

Hearing what he wants to hear to push the narrative he needs to be traded - because he wants a scenario where we have the ability to Draft 2 WR's this year instead of 1. That's the real motivation.

And for others, it's because he dropped the ball in KC.

I’m done with you mate.  Regardless, Go Bills

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They'd save $38m more in cap space over three years if they trade him after June 1st.  They'd have to get one heck of an offer before the draft for them to give that up and his stock is pretty low right now.

Wonder how much trouble the two teams would get in if they did an unequal pick swap(for example: Bills trade a 2nd and 4th to team X for their 1st and 3rd) during the draft with a handshake agreement that they would trade Diggs to team X after June 1 with a swap of 7th round picks.

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Wonder how much trouble the two teams would get in if they did an unequal pick swap(for example: Bills trade a 2nd and 4th to team X for their 1st and 3rd) during the draft with a handshake agreement that they would trade Diggs to team X after June 1 with a swap of 7th round picks.

Beane should do this and then renig on the trade.  Then even I'd call him a "wizard."

Ok, I've had a few drinks, I've watched the video on the last page with Kay Adams, and I have to say this:

F*** his game playing. F*** him. I'm tired of him purposely seeking out attention and suggesting he wants to leave. Once or twice is acceptable but this is a god***m pattern and he's doing it purposely. 

I'm tired of it. Really. Go. Go play for a lesser team while your skills are declining and take your stupid social posts with you.

I'd love to win our Super Bowl without him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Ok, I've had a few drinks, I've watched the video on the last page with Kay Adams, and I have to say this:

F*** his game playing. F*** him. I'm tired of him purposely seeking out attention and suggesting he wants to leave. Once or twice is acceptable but this is a god***m pattern and he's doing it purposely. 

I'm tired of it. Really. Go. Go play for a lesser team while your skills are declining and take your stupid social posts with you.

I'd love to win our Super Bowl without him.

I'd recommend watching the entire interview and not just what's taken out of context:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I thought trading him after May would save $19M against the cap

I thought trading him after May would clear $19M in cap space

You are correct. A June 1 move would clear $19M

7 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I don't see how we can trade him now the. We're $2 million over, Diggs would account for $31 million dead cap and we still need money for other vets and the rookies. 

I think there's smoke but no fire.

If we are $2M over the cap and we trade Stef this instant we would only be $5M over the cap. 

This has been belabored all offseason. Yes Stefs dead money is $31M. But keeping him on the roster is $28M. 

The change in cap isn’t the dead money. The change in cap is the delta between his cap hit on the roster and cap hit off of it. So $3M. 

50 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

You’re 100% correct, it’s obvious that Diggs hasn’t been right since the Bengals playoff loss. I think a segment of fans become more loyal to certain players than the organization.

He’s 30 years old, he hasn’t shown up in the playoffs and he’s expensive. I still think he’s a #1 in the league but IF the Bills decide to move him tomorrow I’m good with it.

Allen is going to have a few favourite targets over the span of his HOF career, Diggs was always on borrowed time.

21 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd recommend watching the entire interview and not just what's taken out of context:

Armchair a-hole analysis: he is saying a lot without actually saying much of anything. He's being characteristically honest about the uncertainty of the NFL and how people unfairly perceive him from the outside. ALSO, his voice DOES sound a little more pinchy and amped than I remember; he's still more articulate than most, but does come off a little nervy and rambly. 

People trying to turn any of this (including his vague tweet) into something tangible is a stretch. 

• Thank you (+1) 2