Black history month

During the presidential debate on Monday night, Hillary Clinton raised a 1973 federal lawsuit brought against Donald Trump and his company for alleged racial discrimination at Trump housing developments in New York.

The Justice Department sued Donald Trump, his father, Fred, and Trump Management in order to obtain a settlement in which Trump and his father would promise not to discriminate. The case eventually was settled two years later after Trump tried to countersue the Justice Department for $100 million for making false statements. Those allegations were dismissed by the court.

"Donald started his career, back in 1973, being sued by the Justice Department for racial discrimination — because he would not rent apartments in one of his developments to African-Americans, and he made sure that the people who worked for him understood that was the policy," Clinton said on Monday night.

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495955920/donald-trump-plagued-by-decades-old-housing-discrimination-case

• Eyeroll 1

President Trump said on Tuesday that he would not apologize for his harsh comments in 1989 about the Central Park Five, the five black and Latino men who as teenagers were wrongly convicted of the brutal rape of a jogger in New York City.

Mr. Trump was asked about newspaper advertisements he bought back then calling for New York State to adopt the death penalty after the attack. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/nyregion/central-park-five-trump.html

• Eyeroll 1

I guess today is a good day to celebrate our former president BHO. I will let Joe Biden’s words take it from here:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." — Joe Biden, describing fellow candidate Barack Obama. 

https://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 2/1/2024 at 11:10 AM, Tiberius said:

President Trump said on Tuesday that he would not apologize for his harsh comments in 1989 about the Central Park Five, the five black and Latino men who as teenagers were wrongly convicted of the brutal rape of a jogger in New York City.

Mr. Trump was asked about newspaper advertisements he bought back then calling for New York State to adopt the death penalty after the attack. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/nyregion/central-park-five-trump.html

Well just as it goes if in a court of law it was determined "supposedly" beyond a shadow of a doubt that those men being accused were proven to be the ones that perpetrated the crime every one probably had a very strong opinion of how it should be handled .

It's just that his opinion being who he is was put into the media for you to and other biased haters to use in your unbiased opinion of him .

I wonder how many others had the same opinion ? Thank god they weren't put on death row and were proven innocent but now you have more ammo because of a opinion that he and probably many others had at that time .  

Keep digging you'll probably find other things to use in your agenda ! 

Just now, T master said:

Well just as it goes if in a court of law it was determined "supposedly" beyond a shadow of a doubt that those men being accused were proven to be the ones that perpetrated the crime every one probably had a very strong opinion of how it should be handled .

It's just that his opinion being who he is was put into the media for you to and other biased haters to use in your unbiased opinion of him .

I wonder how many others had the same opinion ? Thank god they weren't put on death row and were proven innocent but now you have more ammo because of a opinion that he and probably many others had at that time .  

Keep digging you'll probably find other things to use in your agenda ! 

See how well Biden did in SC primary? :thumbsup: