The last 5 years of Bills football

C.Biscuit97

9 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Our quarterback is the 5th highest rated passer in nfl post season history...it's absolutely hilarious when anyone tries to label allen as a reason how we haven't made a superbowl...absolutely comical 

13 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Sorry, I meant to say the TEAM has not been great in clutch situations. That was not meant to say Allen has not been great in clutch situations.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

You’re creating a loser mentality in your head. The Bills are one of the best teams in the NFL. 

Yup, they are, but people saying have to wait til Reid retires before Buffalo can win is loser defeatist mentality.

Buffalo needs to go and take it not wait and hope to win by default, please.

Edited by LarryMadman

2 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Yup, they are, but people saying have to wait til Reid retires before Buffalo can win is loser defeatist mentality.

Buffalo needs to go and take it not wait and hope to win by default, please.

The Bills can beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs aren’t dominating them.

4 hours ago, JohninMinn. said:

Imagine attending and losing 4 Super Bowls in a row.

That means you imagine getting to 5 AFC championship games in 6 years and winning 4 of them   -  I loved it !!!

McDermott's teams have fallen far far short of that  ! 

4 hours ago, jahbonas said:

That means you imagine getting to 5 AFC championship games in 6 years and winning 4 of them   -  I loved it !!!

McDermott's teams have fallen far far short of that  ! 

I tried the AFC remedy. It doesn't work.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:14 PM, HappyDays said:

Yards per play given up in each of our last 5 playoff losses (kneeldowns excluded):

Chiefs 2024 - 8.5

Bengals 2023 - 6.0

Chiefs 2022 - 7.6

Chiefs 2021 - 7.4

Texans 2020 - 5.6

As a point of reference, the worst defense in the league this gave up 6.0 yards per play. Our best effort on here, 5.6 yards per play, would have ranked 27th.

So there are two possibilities to finally break through in the playoffs. Either our defense stops giving up historically bad yards per play, or we build up our offensive supporting cast so that it can consistently produce historically great yards per play. It's very hard to win games when your yards per play differential is negative.

Do you have these stats from McDermotts time in Carolina as well? Curious if they paint the same picture. 

On 1/27/2024 at 12:04 PM, Process said:

One AFC championship appearance in that span is unacceptable. 

And I honestly don't think McDermott is anywhere close to being on the hot seat. 

I actually think anything less than a Championship game appearance next year he could be out

On 1/27/2024 at 12:22 PM, freddyjj said:

Curious what those numbers would look like if filtered vs teams that made playoffs each year. And then add Bills playoff games.   Not sure it would look too good.

Couldn't you say this about any good team?

On 1/27/2024 at 1:59 PM, Since1981 said:

McD is not a top 15 HC. 

Look at what’s happening with HCs (Harbaugh, Billacheat). Put it this way, if McD were on his sofa, would he get a new HC gig? I don’t think so. Fine DC, Ops Mgr but bad O, OC, game Mgr. 

it will be tough to overcome the final 8 with McD

Lmao. You think if McD was not coaching right now he wouldn't find another job? Andy Reid got another opportunity, Schottenheimer got 4, Belichick was a complete failure in Cleveland and he got another opportunity but you think teams wouldn't entertain the idea of McDermott? 😂

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Lmao. You think if McD was not coaching right now he wouldn't find another job? Andy Reid got another opportunity, Schottenheimer got 4, Belichick was a complete failure in Cleveland and he got another opportunity but you think teams wouldn't entertain the idea of McDermott? 😂

The Panthers would have had him for 2024  

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If we fire him after a division win/divisional round loss next year he will absolutely get scooped up by another team 

not saying he wouldn’t deserve the firing though some guys just need a change of scenery 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

I think any team that is that bad would entertain the idea of McDermott 

He actually has some good qualities … like injecting a winning culture into a long term losing team .. he does the off field thing pretty well on the culture side 

I  think he is a good motivator and leader of men..

The problem is with his sideline game management … and his conservatism around coaching staff and taking chances on unproven players …he showed a bit of a change this year after they went 6-6 early … 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If we fire him after a division win/divisional round loss next year he will absolutely get scooped up by another team 

not saying he wouldn’t deserve the firing though some guys just need a change of scenery 

That I agree with. He will definitely get another opportunity. Not saying he will go any farther with them, though 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He actually has some good qualities … like injecting a winning culture into a long term losing team .. he does the off field thing pretty well on the culture side 

I  think he is a good motivator and leader of men..

The problem is with his sideline game management … and his conservatism around coaching staff and taking chances on unproven players …he showed a bit of a change this year after they went 6-6 early … 

I fully agree with your comment on unproven players. Green bay was killin it this year with unproven talent. The Bills won't see true potential in,say shakir until next year. His third year!!  Defense-play em. Oline and Dline- play em. Skill players- sit em and then when they get a chance and mess up once- sit em again. 

• Like (+1) 1

If you ever look at coaches like McDermott, they always get chance after chance after chance after chance. Look up any coach that has basically done what he has. You will see 8, 9, 10 years before they are finally let go. The Bills honestly aren't doing anything differently than most teams with coaches like him

21 hours ago, Jimmy Harris 69 said:

The multi-verse shows us just how poor Sean McDermott’s football prospective  really is: McDermott traded the best quarterback in the league —-Pat Mahomes, for a cornerback, Tre White. White will be out of the league next year. Mahomes has kept us out of the championship for the last five years, having NOT been stopped by Tre White or the rest of Sean’s piss poor play off defense. Sean thinks he’s George Halas, but he’s only John Rauch. 

And you think if Mahomes walked into a team of Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Deonte Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Charles Clay he would have had the sake success as he did walking onto a team with Kelce, Hill, Kareem Hunt and a HOF head coach?

Edited by Buffalo03

52 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

And you think if Mahomes walked into a team of Kelvin Benjamin, Zay Jones, Deonte Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Charles Clay he would have had the sake success as he did walking onto a team with Kelce, Hill, Kareem Hunt and a HOF head coach?

Wait, did we have a guy named Deonte Johnson? 

54 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Ha! No, it was Dionte Thompson. I remember that guy. Good speed, bad hands, always wore sleeves 

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

mao. You think if McD was not coaching right now he wouldn't find another job? Andy Reid got another opportunity, Schottenheimer got 4, Belichick was a complete failure in Cleveland and he got another opportunity but you think teams wouldn't entertain the idea of McDermott? 😂

you do realize your examples are from upwards of 30 years ago? predate MS Windows, internet, free agency. probably not the strongest argument. just sayin’.  

2 hours ago, Since1981 said:

you do realize your examples are from upwards of 30 years ago? predate MS Windows, internet, free agency. probably not the strongest argument. just sayin’.  

Why does it matter? Those coaches did the exact same thing McDermott has and still found multiple jobs. What does how long ago it was matter?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.