Interesting stat I saw in regards to regular season losses

warrior9

The Bills lost 6 times in the regular season. 

In 4 of those losses, the last time Josh Allen saw the field, the Bills were either winning or tied. 

Further proof that McDermott's defense and his soft conservative coaching style in crunch situations will continue to hinder this team. 

EDIT: Wanted to add, The Milwaukee Bucks fired their coach after starting the season 30-13. Winning organizations recognize when change needs to be made. The Chiefs got rid of Alex Smith after a 13-3 (maybe 11-5) season. Pegula needs to recognize that McDermott is good enough to get us a division win and to the divisional round (if we're playing back up QBs) and that's about it. 

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 18
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

In 4 of those losses, the last time Josh Allen saw the field, the Bills were either winning or tied. 

Further proof that McDermott's defense and his soft conservative coaching style in crunch situations will continue to hinder this team. 

They lost one game by being too aggressive. So…

McDermott just isn’t a clutch coach. Everything else I think he’s very good, but clutch moments are not his thing.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

McDermott just isn’t a clutch coach. Everything else I think he’s very good, but clutch moments are not his thing.

Are you referring to KC? I don't think they were being too aggressive? It was a 6 minute drive man lol 

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

And yet people regularly come on 2BD and claim that Allen TO's cost us regular season games and any chance of being the #1 seed.  It's maddening.  In only one of the 6 loses could Allen's careless play be blamed for the loss.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Defense isn’t his thing either.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills opponents' margin of victory combined across all 7 of their losses was 29 points. They only gave up 30 points once (Philadephia)

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I believe I also saw the Bills haven't lost by more than 1 score since 2021.

If you're talking regular season, that is true. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I believe I also saw the Bills haven't lost by more than 1 score since 2021.

Yeah, his defense is good enough to keep you in the game but HIS play calling and strategy late games allows teams to just do as they please 

• Like (+1) 1

I am not a McD apologist, but I do think for the most part he is a good HC. What does drive me crazy is when he calls time out when he see the other team's O line up and he doesn't like the play call on D. All that happens is the other team changes the call too and they still convert. You may as well save the time out.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, warrior9 said:

Yeah, his defense is good enough to keep you in the game but HIS play calling and strategy late games allows teams to just do as they please 

The Bills have by far the best point differential the last 4-5 years. They destroy a lot of teams. It’s those clutch moments where he lacks. He also typically coaches tight vs top elite QBs.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

EDIT: Wanted to add, The Milwaukee Bucks fired their coach after starting the season 30-13. Winning organizations recognize when change needs to be made. The Chiefs got rid of Alex Smith after a 13-3 (maybe 11-5) season. Pegula needs to recognize that McDermott is good enough to get us a division win and to the divisional round (if we're playing back up QBs) and that's about it. 

Can you tell me our W/L record in games Josh has multiple TO’s?

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Denver game. Cover zero lost it for us.

I think coaching lost us three games this year.

Denver on McDermott's cover zero and 12 men on STs.

New England on McDermott's awful game plan and Dorsey's not much better.

Cincinnati on Dorsey who was an absolute playcalling disaster that night.

I think that is more than previous seasons and it does bear watching. Josh cost us the Jets game. Bass cost us the Philly game. The field and the jetlag probably cost us the Jags game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thats just ridiculous. Hes one of the best defensive coaches in the league. One of the best head coaches. He’s just not good in close games.

Yeah, that means you aren’t good. His defense blew large leads in like 4 games this season and lost and that’s not counting the games he blew with bad head coaching decisions late in games. He was well on his way to letting the Steelers come back also.

I haven’t looked but he likely blew 10 point leads or more in a dozen games this year and the Josh bailed him out.

Edited by Governor
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Can you tell me our W/L record in games Josh has multiple TO’s?

15 and 19 in his career. 

What's your point? Josh is an issue? 

Again,  regardless of his turnovers, we were tied and/or leading in 4/6 games we lost this year last time he stepped on the field... what's your angle here bubbaccino? 

15 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

I am not a McD apologist, but I do think for the most part he is a good HC. What does drive me crazy is when he calls time out when he see the other team's O line up and he doesn't like the play call on D. All that happens is the other team changes the call too and they still convert. You may as well save the time out.

Which makes him..... not a good head coach 

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Thats just ridiculous. Hes one of the best defensive coaches in the league. One of the best head coaches. He’s just not good in close games.

Which makes him.... not a good head coach. It doesnt matter if you beat subpar teams. You don't win a SB beating subpar teams. 

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.