Arizona GOP chair tried to bribe Kari Lake not to run for Senate

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Oh boy we got em now!!   The deep state is cooked!  Those adrenochrome drinking lizard people will go down like the Berlin Wall!  Keep up the good work.  You, Kari Lake, MTG, are all fighting the good fight!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Goodlord.  Her entire face looks plastic.   She's had far too much work done.

Joe posts about the most important thing about the story. . . . . . . . . . as usual.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Republicans want to win back the Senate.

Their power brokers believe - with good reason - that a Kari Lake candidacy makes it less likely that they will succeed in that mission.

I imagine this kind of gentle "persuasion" goes on in pretty much every race without an incumbent.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Republicans want to win back the Senate.

Their power brokers believe - with good reason - that a Kari Lake candidacy makes it less likely that they will succeed in that mission.

I imagine this kind of gentle "persuasion" goes on in pretty much every race without an incumbent.

Oh, well that makes everything okay then. I mean if everyone is taking blood money to step aside then what's the harm?

• Agree 3

52 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Oh, well that makes everything okay then. I mean if everyone is taking blood money to step aside then what's the harm?

I see that the AZ Republican Party chairman who was urging her not to run was previously a Trump campaign guy who was then appointed by Trump to a cushy job at NASA. Who knows what he promised or was promised in exchange for that gig.

So maybe it's time to get over all that "insider/outsider Trump vs. The Party Establishment" nonsense. All politicians, Trump and Lake included, are in it for themselves ...

And remember: this is a weird race. Kyrsten Sinema is the incumbent, and no longer a Democrat. I don't think she's officially announced if she's running again as an independent. Ruben Gallego is the apparent Dem nominee - a House representative who's generally liberal but a bit unorthodox himself.

So the Republican has to have more general appeal (at least that's what the pundits outside and, apparently, inside) the Party think.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1

THO GOP acting like a swamp.  They know she won't be an easy vote on party lines.

The lefties that tell us we need to be PC are all kinds of sexist in this thread.

Edited by Tommy Callahan

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I see that the AZ Republican Party chairman who was urging her not to run was previously a Trump campaign guy

So, wait. AZ GOP Chair following through on Trump's orders?  He certainly didn't think to do this on his own given every Trump sycophant has no balls.  Right @Doc?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

THO GOP acting like a swamp.

The lefties that tell us we need to be PC are all kinds of sexist in this thread.

Not sure if you consider me one of those "lefties," but I am an equal opportunity commenter on the appearance of political candidates.

Here's one for Biden: wear glasses. Not just the sunglasses. Glasses. They help to hide those squinty eyes and may actually make him look smarter (not a high bar); more like an elder statesman than an old fart.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Odd to pair that with the lesbian haircut.

17 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Goodlord.  Her entire face looks plastic.   She's had far too much work done.

It is what it is.

not the first time.

Strong Conservative women tend to get the lefties in here all Caty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I see that the AZ Republican Party chairman who was urging her not to run was previously a Trump campaign guy who was then appointed by Trump to a cushy job at NASA. Who knows what he promised or was promised in exchange for that gig.

So maybe it's time to get over all that "insider/outsider Trump vs. The Party Establishment" nonsense. All politicians, Trump and Lake included, are in it for themselves ...

And remember: this is a weird race. Kyrsten Sinema is the incumbent, and no longer a Democrat. I don't think she's officially announced if she's running again as an independent. Ruben Gallego is the apparent Dem nominee - a House representative who's generally liberal but a bit unorthodox himself.

So the Republican has to have more general appeal (at least that's what the pundits outside and, apparently, inside) the Party think.

I think Lake just proved she is in fact not in it for herself. Also it seemed to me she was defending Trump in this conversation ?

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Not sure if you consider me one of those "lefties," but I am an equal opportunity commenter on the appearance of political candidates.

Here's one for Biden: wear glasses. Not just the sunglasses. Glasses. They help to hide those squinty eyes and may actually make him look smarter (not a high bar); more like an elder statesman than an old fart.

He should get the X-ry specs they advertised in comic books. Wouldn't see him  squinting,wouldn't see him not blinking, and he could see through women's clothes!😀

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It is what it is.

not the first time.

Oh, I'll be glad to go on at greater length about the cultural phenomenon that is The Rise of the Horny Made-Over Conservative Mom if you'd like more. MTG, Boebert, Noem, that Moms for Liberty Threesome Mom ... just getting started.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It is what it is.

not the first time.

it's personal, not political.  I find fake anything unattractive:  Fake boobs, fake faces, fake personas etc.  On the other hand, I find authenticity attractive:  Fit, outspoken, honest, fearless, natural.  Granted there are few politicians that fit the bill.  think of a certain female war correspondent or even serious skiers.

• Like (+1) 2

The mainstream media doesn't know what to do with themselves with this bribery story.

A bagman from the DC swamp came to buy me off, and I didn't flinch.

So, what do they do? They ATTACK me for exposing this corruption to the world.

It's sick. But I'm not surprised.

These are the same fake news vultures who have refused to cover the Biden Crime Family selling this country down the river.