Considering this season as a whole…

Don Otreply

39 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

Not celebrating another failure season isn't quitting 

I’m not celebrating.  This thread doesn’t suggest anyone should be celebrating. Not sure why you would even bring up the topic of celebrating….as if anyone here is celebrating.  

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I should have said another QB not the.  that really wasn't the point

Ok, I interpreted as if Allen was with another team, he'd have a SB win by now.

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's not something to shoot for though. Clearly this isn't working with McD here. There are a lot of examples of great players in every sport who needed a new coach to get over the hump. 

And there's quite a few of those guys I would not put on Allen's level. 

The worst part is, Allen has played fantastic in 2 out of those 3 losses to the Chiefs and we've come up empty because of our coach. It's not like he's had 4 pick games in those moments. 

Right, Allen definitely has the skills to lead to a SB win, but there's obviously so many other factors. That's why I put together that list. Sometimes it's just as simple as playing a superior team in an era, like KC. 

55 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

As much as I like and respect McD, and the players clearly do too, I can’t shake the feeling he isn’t what this team needs and the team should look to “mutually part ways” 

KC proved time and time again that a top flight offensive system and elite QB can hide/overcome areas of deficiency. 

Not to mention the last 2 seasons we have played a couple of 3rd string QBs in the wildcard. 

Mahomes/Reid are the perfect match just like Brady/Belichik, even though some still try their hardest to discount the latter.

Regarding McD/Allen....they are obviously good enough to win the division title and get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. But convinced more than ever that's the ceiling and for JA17 to take the next step it's simply going to have to be with a new head coach.

But regarding your point about playing 3rd string QB's the last few years....you really have to wonder if this duo would even have made the divisional if they played better competition so to speak. The Dolphins probably should have won last year in Buffalo and going back to the 2021/13 second season they faced Mac Jones in the first round and we all know he's probably destined to be nothing more than a backup in this league as well.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Mahomes/Reid are the perfect match just like Brady/Belichik, even though some still try their hardest to discount the latter.

Regarding McD/Allen....they are obviously good enough to win the division title and get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. But convinced more than ever that's the ceiling and for JA17 to take the next step it's simply going to have to be with a new head coach.

But regarding your point about playing 3rd string QB's the last few years....you really have to wonder if this duo would even have made the divisional if they played better competition so to speak. The Dolphins probably should have won last year in Buffalo and going back to the 2021/13 second season they faced Mac Jones in the first round and we all know he's probably destined to be nothing more than a backup in this league as well.

Yeah the teams we've actually beaten in the playoffs have not been very good ones, except I guess the Ravens in 2020. And even that year McD's D got lit up by the Colts and it took a superhero effort from Josh and a couple of coaching gaffes from our good friend Frankie on their side for us to survive that game. 

McD is an incredibly horrendous postseason coach. He is completely outclassed by good coaches and top QB's. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Josh Allen, like Mahomes and Brady, is a good enough QB to get you a shot at making the Divisional round every year on his own.

The main difference is the other two QBs were also complimented by a Head Coach who can take a team over the next hump from the Divisional round to a Super Bowl victory. The Bills do not have that guy wearing a headset right now.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agreed.

Let’s say Bills get themselves a top flight OC and McD has himself a year as the HC/DC. That OC will leave for a promotion and Allen will be learning ANOTHER new system. 

Part of me wonders what it looks like with DaBoll… 

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yeah the teams we've actually beaten in the playoffs have not been very good ones, except I guess the Ravens in 2020. And even that year McD's D got lit up by the Colts and it took a superhero effort from Josh and a couple of coaching gaffes from our good friend Frankie on their side for us to survive that game. 

McD is an incredibly horrendous postseason coach. He is completely outclassed by good coaches and top QB's. 

Which is also why I said the 2020 AFCCG is an outlier/asterisk because of the weird covid year and Jackson getting knocked out in the 3rd quarter.

In some ways I feel bad for McDivisional because he showed brass balls last night but still couldnt win the game. It's simply just not meant to be for him, at least here in Buffalo.

The season was a disaster and not enjoyable to watch literally from the first quarter of the season. Watching our best players get hurt with catastrophic injuries just sucks the life out of watching the team.

They were a few plays away from not even making the playoffs. 

Epic meltdowns by the defense against bad teams. 

Josh playing like garbage in week 1 and then leading the league in turnovers. He fumbled again yesterday. 

McD benching the starting RB for a fumble like this is junior high school. 

Losing on the only missed FG against us because we had 12 men on the field. 

Worst of all there were enough injuries and Allen played well enough down the stretch that McD isn't going to get fired. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

To say this team with an elite QB who played lights out in the playoffs accomplished something with a Divisional Round exit is a loser mentality. But unfortunately with the McD apologists...this is the standard.

Other teams with elite QB's are targeting SB's. We are targeting playoff appearances. 

Would you like a tissue for your tears of inadequacy? 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not more than I'd like a paddle to teach you that Participation Trophies don't mean anything

So you want to spank a grown man, lol, you whinny poor baby fans, what ever shall you do…. Bwaahahahahahahaha, 

I find it odd that people attack others who actually enjoy the team.  If you need to win the SB to complete your life, maybe it's you who is the loser. 

13 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not more than I'd like a paddle to teach you that Participation Trophies don't mean anything

Maybe go run that by the team. 

Edited by nedboy7

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Sure there is, we could all be jets or patriots fans, we are kings of the AFCE, 😁👍 remember there are more important things in life than football, be happy we live in the first world, things could be a whole lot worse, 

GO BILLS!!!

Did anybody watch Get Up this morning?  It was very clear that the majority (Dan Orlovsky, Mike Greenberg, and Rex Ryan) were pulling for the Bills and especially Josh Allen.  Ryan Clark was the only one who was critical of Josh.  Anyway, Orlovsky called attention to all the great young QBs in the AFC, with Mahomes, Allen, Lamar and now Stroud highlighted.  While looking at Greenberg he said words to the effect "not every team has one."  Greenberg just told him to shut up.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.