Anyone else notice near the end of the Miami game...?

After what was the final Miami punt of the 2nd half with 6:14 left, which was fair-caught by Harty, Miami long-snapper Blake Ferguson (brother of our long-snapper Reid Ferguson) came down and asked him for the ball.

Wonder why...

Screenshot 2024-01-11 100219.png

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

After what was the final Miami punt of the 2nd half with 6:14 left, which was fair-caught by Harty, Miami long-snapper Blake Ferguson (brother of our long-snapper Reid Ferguson) came down and asked him for the ball.

Wonder why...

Saw that. Was wondering the same thing.

Might be something as simple as that is one of Miami's "kicking balls" and he wants to make sure it gets back to the right place.

Probably happens all the time and we only noticed it here because Harty was confused and thought Ferguson was coming in for a handshake so there was that awkward, extended exchange between them. :lol:

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Rapp kept the INT ball, grabbing it even though he was injured.  After the final kneel down, Allen tossed the ball to Harty who was in the backfield.  So players keep game balls all the time, but I wonder what was special about that one.  It's not like their punter ain't gonna punt against the Chiefs...

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I saw that as collecting one of the kicking balls to make sure he has it to use later.

Or maybe it was deflated to the pressure their punter likes and he was wanting to hide the evidence, keeping it out of the ref's hands.  Interesting...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Or maybe it was deflated to the pressure their punter likes and he was wanting to hide the evidence, keeping it out of the ref's hands.  Interesting...

Easier for Harty to hold onto while he's running back a TD, so I'm fine with it. :thumbsup:

38 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Wonder why...

I was wondering if it could have been a personal milestone for him as a snapper, so I looked it up and doesn’t seem like it.

Think it is as others have said - just getting the kicking ball back, which are different than the regular balls

• Like (+1) 1

Saw it too...I had wondered if they had possibly thought it might be the last time the 2 brothers play against each other for some reason.   Just pure speculation.  Or, maybe he keeps one from each game they play each other?

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Like (+1) 1

I hit up Reid on Twitter to see if he knows...  We'll see if he responds.  Tagged Deonte too so maybe one of them will share something.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

An overinflated ball would be better for kickers though....it would go farther. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

An overinflated ball would be better for kickers though....it would go farther. 

If you hit it near perfect.  A slightly deflated ball will result in more consistency.

11 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Wonder why...

Last play in career?  Regular season anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.