This fan base, sometime, is very concerning

When you're a Bills fan, you learn to worry.  Your team wins when you expect it to lose.  It loses when you expect it to win.  If teams could collectively suffer mental diseases, the Bills would be diagnosed with Dissociate Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder).  You never know which Bills team will show up.

I remember when the Bills spanked the Raiders 51-3 in the AFCCG.  I was convinced the team was peaking at just the right time.  I'll never take another game for granted again.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pasaluki said:

They aren't even. The Steelers were lucky to even make the playoffs, the Bills have won 5 in a row. The Bills may not blow the Steelers out but the Steelers are not coming to Buffalo and winning anything. 

I stand by what I said.  They both had similar seasons with similar problems but both overcame them with some changes at Offensive Coordinator/play called and overcoming serious injuries.  They won 10 games.  No matter how they did it is not the issue. Its about how many not how.  

The bills needed to win to get in (essentially) and the steelers needed to win to get in (with Help)  they both did it.  They are separated by 1 win and have defenses that take the ball away.  They both run the ball.  Buffalo beat better teams down the stretch to get in for sure but that does not matter now...especially with the bills current injuries.

They are very similar with Buffalo having Josh Allen as the biggest difference between the two teams.

30 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

What makes you believe that?

Observing them together.  

Here's a quote from a few years ago:  

"What Mike did was he gave me a blueprint a little bit for what it looked like. He was such a role model for a lot of us, myself included, on campus as a younger player," McDermott said. "He was a fourth-year senior when I got there so he was a good example for me as well as many others. So to watch him go off and graduate and begin his coaching career and the way he did it and the way he climbed the ladder, I've always looked at him as kind of an older brother in the profession because of where we started."

Edited by Albany,n.y.

For me the Bills will be in every game as they do not get blown out. However, they could also lose at any point to any one of these teams. It is going to come down to Allen and limiting mistakes. He needs to play his best football for the next 6 weeks otherwise we could drop a game and the questions will continue.

Edited by billieve420

Weather mainly irks me. Also vs a run first team with a stellar defense that gets takeaways (albeit without their best player on both sides of the ball). We are better, obviously. We should win. But I don't take anything for granted in the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

You are completely right from a logic standpoint but I get it.  

All sports super fans develop this really mindset where you think the entire world and your own personal happiness hinges on the result of game.  I’m in this group and I can tell by the thread titles and responses here - you all are too.  

I’ve been wondering how I personally got myself wrapped up this so bad, where a loss could drastically affect my mood for a day or two.  It’s pretty crazy.  

I think Bills fans are not different than other sports franchises who have been relatively unsuccessful the past 2 decades or who have never won a world championship.  You are happy to see success but want to see the team capitalize on the ultimate goal because it could be a “once in a lifetime” event (again that sounds ridiculous…but you know)

So every thing intensifies.  You think that this might be the team’s best or only chance to win a championship.  Also there’s someone fans of these kind of teams do to almost protect themselves.  The second the ride is a little bumpy, everyone thinks the worst case scenario as a way to protect themselves from getting disappointed.  You always think the other shoe is going to drop and the team is “cursed” if they don’t win.  

Whether you are position or negative going into the game, a loss is going to suck regardless.  So why not just try to be positive?

much easier said than done.  

On this particular point, i always have been very much like you bro. 

7 hours ago, BritBill said:

People worry when they care. 

Most people don't understand this. Funny the things you can say to a friend about the game and they understand you and get where your coming from. You say the same thing in here and you are accused of thinking and saying some of the dumbest things. 

9 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

Historically, being a Bills fan, for most, has brought on serious psychological conditions that require medical attention.  

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

When you're a Bills fan, you learn to worry.  Your team wins when you expect it to lose.  It loses when you expect it to win.  If teams could collectively suffer mental diseases, the Bills would be diagnosed with Dissociate Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder).  You never know which Bills team will show up.

I remember when the Bills spanked the Raiders 51-3 in the AFCCG.  I was convinced the team was peaking at just the right time.  I'll never take another game for granted again.  

Diagnosed just like fan base.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.