Misdirection plays

What happened to reverses, shuttle passes, naked bootlegs, and other trickery? 

This was fairly constant with Daboll. The Dolphins were overpursuing the run all night with poor backside contain. 

I think the only designed trickery was the WR screen to Diggs that Allen hit Shakir on the sideline down to the 4. 

There wasn't even much motion last night other than a couple times Diggs would line up in the backfield and then move to the slot.

Hope Brady adds a few more wrinkles and starts to move the pocket a bit more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

This was fairly constant with Daboll. The Dolphins were overpursuing the run all night with poor backside contain. 

I think the only designed trickery was the WR screen to Diggs that Allen hit Shakir on the sideline down to the 4. 

There wasn't even much motion last night other than a couple times Diggs would line up in the backfield and then move to the slot.

Good points, Brady definitely has a lot of weapons at his disposal that he, hopefully, starts to/learns to use more.

That said -- the game plan last night was pretty solid ... the red zone turnovers really hurt.  If it weren't for those, Bills would have had a pretty comfortable win.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanJ said:

Good points, Brady definitely has a lot of weapons at his disposal that he, hopefully, starts to/learns to use more.

That said -- the game plan last night was pretty solid ... the red zone turnovers really hurt.  If it weren't for those, Bills would have had a pretty comfortable win.

They have struggled to run the ball in every Brady game except Dallas. 

Agree his pass concepts were working well. If Josh hits Diggs for a 95 yard TD that first half is a completely different story.

• Like (+1) 1

I definitely miss the bootlegs. That 4th and 1 to seal the game was begging for a bootleg. Miami committed their entire defense to stop the tush push and there is good chance Allen could have ran for 10+ yards if we called a bootleg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I know you had to like them scheming Dalton Kincaid on Melvin Ingram deep down the sideline tho...talk about a mismatch.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

While the offense is a little vanilla I thought the game plan yesterday was perfect. Zero reason to run the ball at all. Allen was carving them up and moving up and down the field at will. A couple bonehead mistakes and a miss to Diggs were the only reason we didn't put up 40+. 

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I actually noticed that there were a lot of weird personnel decisions last night in terms of who was on the field when. My tinfoil hat said that as much as the Bills were trying to win this game, they were also aware that they had a playoff spot locked in. 

Hoping that stuff comes back in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I definitely miss the bootlegs. That 4th and 1 to seal the game was begging for a bootleg. Miami committed their entire defense to stop the tush push and there is good chance Allen could have ran for 10+ yards if we called a bootleg.

No doubt.  This is exactly what I was thinking should have been called on the 4th and long 1 (which I stated in a different thread).

3 hours ago, Process said:

While the offense is a little vanilla I thought the game plan yesterday was perfect. Zero reason to run the ball at all. Allen was carving them up and moving up and down the field at will. A couple bonehead mistakes and a miss to Diggs were the only reason we didn't put up 40+. 

Don’t forget the easy TD drop by Cook

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.