Fan pro bowl voting

Matt_In_NH

This list is very suspicious, looks like Miami and San Fran fans have some movement to drive votes for players on those teams.   Nothing surprising but the Pro Bowl is just a complete joke.  I believe fan voting is 1/3 of pro bowl determination...it should be 0.

https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-qb-brock-purdy-tops-2024-pro-bowl-games-voting-by-fans

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This list is very suspicious, looks like Miami and San Fran fans have some movement to drive votes for players on those teams.   Nothing surprising but the Pro Bowl is just a complete joke.  I believe fan voting is 1/3 of pro bowl determination...it should be 0.

https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-qb-brock-purdy-tops-2024-pro-bowl-games-voting-by-fans

After Milano did not even make the Pro Bowl last year, but was named 1st team All Pro, that told me all I needed to know about the current state of the Pro Bowl.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Tua, Lamar, and Mahomes gets in ahead of Josh because of the bs turnover narrative.

Mahomes has 1 less turnover. Not sure you can keep the TD leader out. 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I think Tua, Lamar, and Mahomes gets in ahead of Josh because of the bs turnover narrative.

Tua and Lamar have earned it over Josh this year, imo. Josh has been limited by our offensive coordinators and it may have cost him the MVP, although I don't think he actually cares about it.

Who cares about the Pro Bowl?  Josh surely doesn't.  He'll either be getting ready for the Super Bowl or playing golf at the AT&T Pro Am as he's done every year.  Josh doesn't give two craps about making the Pro Bowl.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It's a pointless tradition that should be laid to rest. People get voted for...reasons. Then most of them decline. Then you take out anyone on either Super Bowl team. And you're left with Mac Jones, Tyler Huntley and Rodger Saffold in various skills competitions because no one (rightly) wants to risk millions by getting hurt in a pointless game. 

Just wait, You'll see the "Exciting throw off between Kenny Pickett and Sam Howell". 

3 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Tua and Lamar have earned it over Josh this year, imo. Josh has been limited by our offensive coordinators and it may have cost him the MVP, although I don't think he actually cares about it.

Tua has 2 fewer turnovers than Josh and how many fewer TDs? That's some bull####.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi4YXHqHgmk

This is part of the reason why the pro bowl is no longer what it use to be . I loved not only this hit but the reaction from Jimmy Graham after Zo put it to him . I think Zo told Graham "this is football isn't it" LOL ...

Didn't the pro bowl use to help to determine which division hosted the Super Bowl years ago ? 

There is no incentive for the guys to play in this game any more especially with the NFL adding more games tot the regular season these guys are probably gassed by the end of the regular season if they don't go to the play offs .

Then you take the game out of Hawaii to go to Orlando 🤔 no thanks i'll stay home ...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.