War on women

On 4/7/2024 at 6:45 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm listening to comments by SC women's NCAA BB coach Dawn Staley on whether transgengers identifying as women should be allowed.  She slowly and carefully responds "if you consider yourself a women you should be able to play".

Riley Gaines called her a sellout.  My question is what happened to feminism and the women's rights movement?

What happened to fighting the patriarchy?

What could be more toxic to women then men stealing their identities and opportunities?  Sellouts?  Yes.  To their fellow women because they lack the guts to stand for each other.

I might want to ask Ms. Staley and others with her view is if I consider myself to be a brain surgeon are you comfortable with me operating on you and replacing your real doctor?

Yeah, until SC has to face another team with a 6'8" guy that's facing up against her current Kamilla Cordoso. Staley's opinion will change in a heartbeat.

Both SC and Iowa were preparing for the championship game when this question came for both head coaches. When I first heard the question asked, all I could do is hang my head. One could argue that both HCs should have been ready for that question, but man, what a stupid ass question to ask a few days before the game. I believe Staley was asked before Bluder was. While Staley did the two-step before answering, and then acknowledging the response would create drama, which it did. Bluder was able to respond with a 'are you crazy, I'm not discussing that a few days before the championship game.'

Edited by Pokebball
  • Like (+1) 1

Biden Administration’s War On Women

The early Friday morning release of the Department of Education’s new administrative rewrite of Title IX of the Civil Rights Act—you know, the one that dealt with women’s rights—shows us that the left’s boast of protecting women is a sick joke. Title IX stated, “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” By changing the terms of the law from “sex,” a category grounded in biology, nature, reality, to “gender identity,” a category grounded in mere will, the Biden Administration has indicated that they are waging a war on women that will wreck women’s sports and endanger women at every age. That it is also destructive to men and children is no consolation.

That might sound strange to people who get their information from the so-called mainstream media sources whose “mainstream” label is accurate but often misunderstood: their task is to mainstream Democratic Party and leftist ideas. For years now, they have forwarded the Democratic Party propaganda about a supposed “Republican War on Women.” This war on women supposedly consisted of defending the “gender wage gap,” by which women were supposedly being paid 77 cents on the dollar for the same work men do; attacking “reproductive rights”; and refusing to take seriously the protection of women from the sexual predations of men.

The first two are simply based on misunderstandings and lies. The “gender wage gap” is clearly nonsensical. If large corporations could really hire women to do the same work as men for nearly a quarter less in remuneration, women would be the only ones ever hired. But the claim has been debunked in data-based analyses many times over. Women do earn less than men overall because they make different choices about both work and family.

The language about a war on “reproductive rights” is a euphemism for something that is very ugly. Democrats have no interest in reproduction. They mean by this solely the means of not reproducing, especially the means of killing children in the womb. Given that the consistent trend of views about abortion, as, for instance, measured by Gallup, shows that women are more pro-life than men, it would be more appropriate as a matter of both reality and public policy to say that on this issue, Democrats are waging war on women.

But the biggest lie Democrats tell is about their supposed protection of women. And that lie is now fully exposed with the new Title IX guidelines. 

https://amac.us/newsline/society/biden-admins-war-on-women/

26 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Why “progressives” prefer to sh*t on women and cater to one mentally ill guy, rather than do what’s normal and right, is something I will never understand. 

All while I can't believe only a few women are standing up for themselves and saying "Enough with this sh!t"

Until women as a whole stand up for themselves, this crap will NEVER end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

All while I can't believe only a few women are standing up for themselves and saying "Enough with this sh!t"

Until women as a whole stand up for themselves, this crap will NEVER end. 

Some are,

and good for them.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Why “progressives” prefer to sh*t on women and cater to one mentally ill guy, rather than do what’s normal and right, is something I will never understand. 

It's because if that boy who believes he's a girl isn't allowed to compete against girls...he'll commit suicide. :rolleyes: 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It's because if that boy who believes he's a girl isn't allowed to compete against girls...he'll commit suicide. :rolleyes: 

Like the liberals tell these girls/women competing in sports.  Its a man's world and fighting the patriarchy is futile. 

All this irrational identity stuff makes me wonder why a dude wants to pretend to be a lady?  Your short a couple cards from a full desk.  I get you can physically dominate women athletes and feel like you're the top dog at something.  But have you seen the restroom lines at concerts and sporting events for the ladies room?  Who would want to stand in line for 30 minutes just to pretend your a big, hairy, ugly women?  Its not like you're fooling anybody but yourself.

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Like the liberals tell these girls/women competing in sports.  Its a man's world and fighting the patriarchy is futile. 

All this irrational identity stuff makes me wonder why a dude wants to pretend to be a lady?  Your short a couple cards from a full desk.  I get you can physically dominate women athletes and feel like you're the top dog at something.  But have you seen the restroom lines at concerts and sporting events for the ladies room?  Who would want to stand in line for 30 minutes just to pretend your a big, hairy, ugly women?  Its not like you're fooling anybody but yourself.

No, no, they go back to being a boy for the bathroom.

On 4/21/2024 at 11:59 PM, B-Man said:

Some are,

and good for them.

The 4th circuit ruling is unconstitutional…Becauae ALL humans have 1 of 2 sexes, it is not discrimination to say all athletes much perform according to the sex they were born as…nobody is left out…👍

• Agree 1

LET'S GO:

Independent Women's Forum Files Lawsuit Against Biden's Title IX Rewrite

We knew this was coming, and we're glad it did.

The Independent Women's Forum has filed a lawsuit against the Biden administration, following the rewrite of Title IX rules that gut women's sports, makes women vulnerable in their locker rooms, opens up their scholarships and sports to men, and makes them targets for punishment if they 'harass' a trans woman. 

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/29/title-ix-lawsuit-n2395689

• Like (+1) 1