Lack of Accountability - How the Tides Have Turned

WEATHER DOT COM

Thursday Dunne releases his magnum opus, rightly or wrongly, highlighting McD's lack of accountability for his mistakes.

Last night both a well-respected coach and QB, who will both be in the hall of fame one day, deflect all accountability for their wide receiver's blatant mistake onto the referees. Never have I ever seen two people so well-respected in NFL circles whining about a correctly called play. 

Interesting.

Will there be a 20,000 word long form piece on this? 

Edited by WEATHER DOT COM
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Mahomes and Reid both realized they aren't good enough to win the SB this year and they don't know how to handle it 

They were pretty healthy too they had Nick Bolton back for this game…I don’t think that game is even close if injuries were turned off this year and we got white/jones/milano back and they got Pacheco back 😂

I also believe that the complaining about the officiating after the game was a bit of damage control on the part of Reid and Mahomes that was concocted between Mahomes' outburst and the press conferences. Mahomes' frustration on the sidelines was directed at his teammates -- offensive line and Toney in particular -- rather than at the officials. During his tirade you can clearly read Mahomes lips to say, "Offensive line, what offensive line?" Reid would rather have them outwardly complain about the officiating than show the whole world the inner-team turmoil.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

I also believe that the complaining about the officiating after the game was a bit of damage control on the part of Reid and Mahomes that was concocted between Mahomes' outburst and the press conferences. Mahomes' frustration on the sidelines was directed at his teammates -- offensive line and Toney in particular -- rather than at the officials. During his tirade you can clearly read Mahomes lips to say, "Offensive line, what offensive line?" Reid would rather have them outwardly complain about the officiating than show the whole world the inner-team turmoil.

Agreed. You also have to wonder if the excessive spotlight moving to Kelce has caused friction with the prima donna darling. And I think most of us figured Bieniemy's role was diminished under Reid, but there's something not quite right with that offense. Maybe some of the finer points lost in Daboll's departure here in Buffalo are being felt out there too.

Edited by pocoboy

2 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

It's the second time I have read this theory. I believe it is correct. Reid doesn't want to air dirty laundry, so he sides with Mahomes' as the lessor of two evils.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Mahomes and Reid both realized they aren't good enough to win the SB this year and they don't know how to handle it 

Hell, they may not even win the division or make the playoffs, but no one is even mentioning that.

4 hours ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Thursday Dunne releases his magnum opus, rightly or wrongly, highlighting McD's lack of accountability for his mistakes.

Last night both a well-respected coach and QB, who will both be in the hall of fame one day, deflect all accountability for their wide receiver's blatant mistake onto the referees. Never have I ever seen two people so well-respected in NFL circles whining about a correctly called play. 

Interesting.

Will there be a 20,000 word long form piece on this? 

The Bills answered what they thought about that piece on the field.  Pretty clear they thought it was a bunch of BS and they said as much with their play and after the game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.