Jets want to start Wilson again but he doesn't want to play (Empty rumor denied by coach and player)

Gregg

Jets are dumping Tim Boyle, who started their last game & are signing Brett Rypien.  https://nypost.com/2023/12/05/sports/jets-dumping-tim-boyle-signing-brett-rypien-in-quarterback-shuffle/

The Jets have lanced their Boyle.

The team released Tim Boyle after two miserable starts and will sign Brett Rypien off the Seahawks practice squad, The Post’s Brian Costello confirmed.

The 29-year-old Boyle, who previously backed up Aaron Rodgers with the Packers and was signed this offseason, was benched in Sunday’s loss to the Falcons for Trevor Siemian.

It comes as the Jets are figuring out who will be the starting quarterback after pushing back on a report from The Athletic that claimed Zach Wilson was reluctant to return.

Jets coach Robert Saleh said he was not ready to name a starting quarterback on Monday.

The Jets had shown interest in signing Rypien after Rodgers tore his Achilles in the season opener.

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The latest developments in the clown show called the New York Jets.

Rodgers brings drama everywhere he goes. No wonder Packers were ready to dump him. Love is looking fantastic and Rodgers is hurt and the team is nothing but drama and he won’t shut his mouth 

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How may QBs essentially on IR are speaking with the media weekly?   Its kind of weird.

Mcafee pays him a million bucks a year to do the interviews. 

I know, its shocking that a HOF Qb and for former punter weren’t besties

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Rodgers brings drama everywhere he goes. No wonder Packers were ready to dump him. Love is looking fantastic and Rodgers is hurt and the team is nothing but drama and he won’t shut his mouth 

Mcafee pays him a million bucks a year to do the interviews. 

I know, its shocking that a HOF Qb and for former punter weren’t besties

I get the Mcafee thing.  Its just weird to me that he meets with the local media every week while being out. 

Rodgers' behavior this year has kind of solidified the outside perception of him.   

36 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get the Mcafee thing.  Its just weird to me that he meets with the local media every week while being out. 

Rodgers' behavior this year has kind of solidified the outside perception of him.   

Rodgers is all about Rodgers. It's one of the reasons I wasn't that worried about him joining the Jets. Once they started signing every ex packer I was even less worried.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Does Aaron realize that by calling it a leak, he just verified the story is true? 

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Bingo! 

Remember the time on 'Cheers' when Sam snuck into the office to place a phone bid on his Sox jersey for the PBS auction?  Check Rodgers' pocket for a handkerchief. 🤨

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.