Do you like Off The Wall or The Stadium Wall better on the site?

Another Fan

What part of TBD do you like better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What part of TBD do you like better?

• Off The Wall
    • The Stadium Wall

I know there are a few exceptions but I'm pretty sure almost 100% of the users on this site like the Bills.  It's what got me here in the first place.

But I must confess I enjoy this part of the website more.  Part of that is getting older and less and less interested in the NFL and Sports.  But of course I still follow it.  This part of the site has made many work days go faster for me starting threads.  From everything in between funny and serious things.  

It depends. I really enjoy the football stuff, but when things go south and people get emotional and occasionally irrational, I can only go to OTW. 

There can be too much outrage on the football side, and most of it is just redundant threads with worthless venting, IMO. You have no control over what the team does on or off the field, so don’t let it make you crazy. I know, easier said than done, and I’ve been working on this for decades. 

In general there are a few people I look for because I can learn from them. Unfortunately, those opportunities can get drowned out by the rattling of pitchforks.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

I primarily use TSW for breaking news notifications, then go read about it elsewhere. 

OTW has some interesting topics in which I like to partake. 

I spend most of my time in Bills Tickets and Gear. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I primarily use TSW for breaking news notifications, then go read about it elsewhere. 

OTW has some interesting topics in which I like to partake. 

I spend most of my time in Bills Tickets and Gear. 

Wait..  I gave you a like. Is this sarcasm? 😆 

My sarcasm detector is on bye-week.

• Haha (+1) 1

I wouldn't spend any time on Off The Wall if it weren't for The Stadium Wall. I come to the site predominantly for Bills news and opinions.

But I post far more on OTW. Topics and posters tend to me lighter and more humorous. More often than not any opinion I have on the Bills has already posted in TSW by the time I see a thread. Plus I'm not interested in the 'mine is bigger than yours' mentality of posters convinced their opinion is right and everyone else is an idiot that I see more on TSW than on OTW. I love opposing opinions but have no time for know-it-alls when it comes to opinions.

• Like (+1) 2

There are several posters that I consistently learn from on TSW. I am not going to name names, but one in particular knows FAR more than any sportswriter that I am aware of and expresses himself better as well ,with a mix of great humor to boot. Other great posters are a step behind him but still extremely informative. 

This board has now been in existence for decades. Many of the posters have met at RWS and at other events. As Bills Fans, we have shared tales of wow and sang arias of discontent at the way this team has been poorly run, and we have been doing so for just so many years. Still, here we are, the most loyal fans on the planet.

Off The Wall imo is a well needed place to relax. I tried, but was unable to survive the PPP Board. I would bet that not one mind has been changed over there despite years of mostly hostile discussion. In addiition to that, several posters have numerous screen names to spew the same unconvincing, tired rhetoric. That place is a mental and emotional sewer that should probably be closed down before the 2024 election. Watching the Bills can be depressing enough at times. Those lucky enough can find some humor at some of the Bills' debacles. Sadly, I generally cannot.

In summary, TSW and OTW are a great combo. It was very well thought by SDS and the mods. Conversation on OTW is generally light and often helpful. TSW is the place to go to learn and express opinions about the Bills. 

Thanks to SDS, mods, and the posters.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

I joined for Bills news and discussion, so in that respect, TSW is why I'm here. In addition to news, I like to read other peoples' takes on games, players, coaches, etc. I'm not as well-versed on the Xs and Os as those of you who watch the All-22 and stuff, so I've learned a lot from that. Sometimes, it gives me things to look for in games.

On the other hand, I probably post more in OTW. I'll share an opinion or two on TSW, but I'm more of a reader there. In OTW I'm more of a participant.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.