Who should coach this team in 2024?

Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sure thing. We’ve heard this all before.

We were blowing out most teams but lost a couple close ones and it was “the Bills can’t win one score games!”

Then we were pulling out a bunch of one score games and it was “the Bills don’t blow anybody out!”

This is the same playbook, 3 years running.

Listen, I don’t really care to cape for McD. I just think he hasn’t done this epic disastrous job that you think he did. Sean Payton missed the playoffs 3 years in a row with Brees. Tomlin missed with Ben. Don’t even start with the Chargers. 

It happens. The majority of the championship core of this team is either old, hurt, or washed. The offensive coaching was a disaster (which I guess is on McD). 

It sucks. It’s not some epic failure solely on the HC. If we started the year with Ben Johnson, or Haurbaugh, or whoever you want, we wouldn’t be 10-1. Von Miller would still be playing patty cake out there. Tre and Milano would still be gone. Poyer would still be running in quicksand. Josh would still be throwing a million picks. We wouldn’t be much better, if at all. 

Feel free to disagree with that. I think you’d be wrong.

Drop mic. End thread.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Burrow out for the season.

Rodgers going out ruins the Jets season.

Watson out for the season. Browns done.

Staley ruining another Chargers season. 

This should be an open lane to the playoffs. It won't get easier next year.

Probably the least hard KC has had to work for it. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Sure thing. We’ve heard this all before.

We were blowing out most teams but lost a couple close ones and it was “the Bills can’t win one score games!”

Then we were pulling out a bunch of one score games and it was “the Bills don’t blow anybody out!”

This is the same playbook, 3 years running.

Listen, I don’t really care to cape for McD. I just think he hasn’t done this epic disastrous job that you think he did. Sean Payton missed the playoffs 3 years in a row with Brees. Tomlin missed with Ben. Don’t even start with the Chargers. 

It happens. The majority of the championship core of this team is either old, hurt, or washed. The offensive coaching was a disaster (which I guess is on McD). 

It sucks. It’s not some epic failure solely on the HC. If we started the year with Ben Johnson, or Haurbaugh, or whoever you want, we wouldn’t be 10-1. Von Miller would still be playing patty cake out there. Tre and Milano would still be gone. Poyer would still be running in quicksand. Josh would still be throwing a million picks. We wouldn’t be much better, if at all. 

Feel free to disagree with that. I think you’d be wrong.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/best-point-differential-in-the-nfl-2023

The Bills have the 4th largest point differential. If you take the records of the 3 teams above them and the 3 teams behind them, it is 52-16. That’s a winning percentage of 76.4%. The Bills are at .500. We are the anomaly right now. When you outscore opponents like that, you should be better. That’s coaching.

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

Drop mic. End thread.

See above

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/best-point-differential-in-the-nfl-2023

The Bills have the 4th largest point differential. If you take the records of the 3 teams above them and the 3 teams behind them, it is 52-16. That’s a winning percentage of 76.4%. The Bills are at .500. We are the anomaly right now. When you outscore opponents like that, you should be better. That’s coaching.

See above

Again, we beat up on some bad teams  (when we were healthy) and have lost some close games. This isn’t some great statistical mystery.

We just aren’t that good. That’s why our record is not that good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Again, we beat up on some bad teams  (when we were healthy) and have lost some close games. This isn’t some great statistical mystery.

We just aren’t that good. That’s why our record is not that good.

Fair, but the point remains. Why does everyone around us in point differential have such a better record? All good teams should have some beating up on bad teams. The difference is that they win some close games as well. Coaching…

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Fair, but the point remains. Why does everyone around us in point differential have such a better record? All good teams should have some beating up on bad teams. The difference is that they win some close games as well. Coaching…

Because they are actual good teams and we aren’t. 

you keep saying coaching but guess what. Everyone else around is a way more talented roster currently.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

It’s exactly because of all those close losses that McD is on the hot seat. 

How many times does an opponent get a free release with the game on the line before we replace the guy who keeps calling it? 

And a bunch of those losses are to teams we are clearly better than and shouldn't have even been close.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

you keep saying coaching but guess what. Everyone else around is a way more talented roster currently.

Yeah, no. The Bills roster is WAY beyond 6-6 (even with the injuries). That’s why we have a bigger point differential. We should be about a 9-3 team. We are 6-6 BECAUSE of coaching. I gave you the stats. The teams around us all perform better. 2-6 in 1 score games is how you become the anomaly. If the Bills were 4-4 in those games, and 8-4, it would be in line with those teams. That’s what MATH says. 

• Like (+1) 1

I want a head coach not a coordinator. A guy who understands the game overall and isn’t using his mind to ball plays either way. A head coach that’s responsible for everything on game day. Pay Brady to stay and run it back with the offense and go hire an aggressive DC that can hold his own. I want the head coach to be in control of everything during the game. Not an OC that never ran the show before.

The Chiefs are a more talented roster right now?

We lost to the Pats and Broncos because they are more talented?

The Steelers are more talented? The Texans, the Browns, the Colts? All above us in playoff standing, are all so talented?

No

Even the Dolphins leading our division arent more talented than us. Maybe at #2WR, that's about it.

McD has coached our talent out of the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, no. The Bills roster is WAY beyond 6-6 (even with the injuries). That’s why we have a bigger point differential. We should be about a 9-3 team. We are 6-6 BECAUSE of coaching. I gave you the stats. The teams around us all perform better. 2-6 in 1 score games is how you become the anomaly. If the Bills were 4-4 in those games, and 8-4, it would be in line with those teams. That’s what MATH says. 

If your math is telling you we have as talented of a team as the Cowboys, the Niners, the Ravens, the Dolphins and the Eagles, and the Chiefs, then your math is wrong.

Sorry. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Chiefs are a more talented roster right now?

We lost to the Pats and Broncos because they are more talented?

The Steelers are more talented? The Texans, the Browns, the Colts? All above us in playoff standing, are all so talented?

No

Even the Dolphins leading our division arent more talented than us. Maybe at #2WR, that's about it.

McD has coached our talent out of the playoffs.

We aren’t that good of a team. 

Holy ***** guys, I know you’re all upset but come on. Do we have a single defensive player who will even make a Pro Bowl at this point? Bernard maybe? 

@Kirby Jackson keeps bringing up the leaders in point differential. Which are the teams I listed above. are we the same level of talent of almost all of those teams? 

NO.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

A definite to all the bolds, and a maybe to the Cowboys and Ravens.

We are definitely more talented than the Eagles???

Ive heard enough. This is an emotional whirlpool you’ve put yourself in lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

If your math is telling you we have as talented of a team as the Cowboys, the Niners, the Ravens, the Dolphins and the Eagles, and the Chiefs, then your math is wrong.

Sorry. 

The Bills point differential is around all of the teams that are 8-3 or better. That’s a sign of talent. The record is a sign of coaching. Look at the chart that I provided. The teams that outscore their opponents like the Bills, win more than they lose. Dallas, SF, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, KC, Philly and Detroit. One of those things is not like the others. The Bills ARE the anomaly. It’s coaching. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.