Its official. Oakland A's to Vegas

Gregg

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, your feels aren't the "final word" pal.........that is the actual American League attendance figures:

10 times dead f*cking last

5 times second to last

7 times 3rd to last

7 times 4th to last

:lol:

The A's are an organization that has made the playoffs in over 40% of the seasons of their existence in Oakland,  won 4 damn world series titles, have always had some of the best uniforms and gear in the league and the community has just never fully embraced what they had.......and could have.........if they stopped being so fickle.    With all the wealth in the nearby area of Northern California it's nobodies fault but the region itself that they lost a baseball team.    It should be more of an embarrassment than anything.   

It's more than feels, it's facts. But keep living in your past Derek Jeter dreams...

52 minutes ago, Draconator said:

If that is the case, typical Yankee fan injecting false knowledge they know nothing about. 

Actually,  unlike you I am a baseball fan who follows every organization.

You are the one who doesn't follow the rest of the league and says dumb sh!t like "I was at plenty of games with 15,000 fans!".   Do you even know the standard?  15K is a bad night at the box office.   That would project to just over 1M fans per season.   Terrible.   You are very ignorant about this topic.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Disagree 1

What you are not recognizing, and something I did poorly to convey, is that those of us who invested time, money, and a good portion of our lives in the A's, are not too happy with the path the ownership of the A's took to get to this point. I have many lifelong friends who I met in the left field bleachers at the Colosseum. One of my greatest sports memories is sitting with my then-wife in the front row of the bleachers and watching Scott Hattiberg hit the home run to give the A's 20 wins in a row. Yep. We also had to sit through plays like you posted the gif for above. 

I compare Bills Mafia to those A's diehards to live and die by their team. Spend a boatload of money on tickets and merch for that team. Tailgating for A's game (albeit on a much smaller scale) is very reminiscent of a Bills home game tailgate. 

I'm not going to argue anymore. You have your opinion. I have mine. The thing is, seeing the A's move to Vegas, kinda hurts. And it's not the fan's fault either. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No, your feels aren't the "final word" pal.........that is the actual American League attendance figures:

10 times dead f*cking last

5 times second to last

7 times 3rd to last

7 times 4th to last

:lol:

The A's are an organization that has made the playoffs in over 40% of the seasons of their existence in Oakland,  won 4 damn world series titles, have always had some of the best uniforms and gear in the league and the community has just never fully embraced what they had.......and could have.........if they stopped being so fickle.    With all the wealth in the nearby area of Northern California it's nobodies fault but the region itself that they lost a baseball team.    It should be more of an embarrassment than anything.   

Impressively you’ve added a poor understanding of geography to your already sterling ability to misunderstand/misrepresent baseball.  Congrats.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:27 AM, Mark80 said:

Schools over stadiums lawsuit seems to be the only chance left.  As an A's fan for 35 years, this sucks.  Taking one of the oldest franchises with over 55 years in a huge market to one of the smallest markets in the league.  Makes no sense.  Such a greedy POS. 

I do 100% agree with the greed, but even as a large market, they average less than 10,000 fans per game.

10 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I do 100% agree with the greed, but even as a large market, they average less than 10,000 fans per game.

When the owner allows the stadium to go into complete disrepair, intentionally puts the worst product possible on the field, and is clearly intending to relocate the team, why would anyone spend money going to the games?

Imagine the Bills were going to relocate, they traded Allen, Diggs, Milano, Oliver, Dawkins for basically nothing, and the stadium had overflowing sewage pipes and wild animals living in the press boxes, how do you think our attendance would look?

Edited by Mark80
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's gotta be Oakland. 

They lost:

NBA

NHL

NFL (2×)

MLB

Is it like Gary, Indiana is to Chicagoland as they are to the Bay Area?

AND teams that were there were stolen from other towns. I think the Golden Seals were the only team that originated there... And really, they were only a 1967 dry-run for the Knox brothers, future Sabres owners in 1970. San Jose proved to be more a suburban hockey market. 

I guess ultimate karma... 

19 hours ago, Mark80 said:

When the owner allows the stadium to go into complete disrepair, intentionally puts the worst product possible on the field, and is clearly intending to relocate the team, why would anyone spend money going to the games?

Imagine the Bills were going to relocate, they traded Allen, Diggs, Milano, Oliver, Dawkins for basically nothing, and the stadium had overflowing sewage pipes and wild animals living in the press boxes, how do you think our attendance would look?

Not only that, but the city and state came up with the $850 Million for the new stadium, and the owner (Pegula or whoever) says pubically that the city and state have done nothing to contribute to the new stadium. 

Thank you for this post. It sums it up perfectly. 

Its a shame.  I dont want to see anyone lose their pro sports team.  These leagues are negligent for breaking hearts of people who have invested time, money, and emotion.  I'm sure some pretty big A's fans are kids too and it would be tough to process.

Baseball will be right up there with horse racing and boxing in 50 years anyway.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...

The In-n-Out and Denny's that closed in Oakland  are right next to the stadium. The Denny's is literally adjacent to where they  store the visitor side seats during the baseball season (they go in Center field). I'm surprised the seats aren't stolen  in the summer. The whole neighborhood plazas and streets  have people living in RVs. If they built a new stadium in the same place, they would have to build an armed security compound for parking. The airport is only a mile or two away and people who  are gassing up before turning in their rental cars are getting their cars broken into while going inside to pay.

Edited by Wacka

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

The In-n-Out and Denny's that closed in Oakland  are right next to the stadium. The Denny's is literally adjacent to where they  store the visitor side seats during the baseball season (they go in Center field). I'm surprised the seats aren't stolen  in the summer. The whole neighborhood plazas and streets  have people living in RVs. If they built a new stadium in the same place, they would have to build an armed security compound for parking. The airport is only a mile or two away and people who  are gassing up before turning in their rental cars are getting their cars broken into while going inside to pay.

We went to Raiders-Bills game in 2005. Stayed in SouthFrisco and took the BART. Got in and got out! 😆 

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We went to Raiders-Bills game in 2005. Stayed in SouthFrisco and took the BART. Got in and got out! 😆 

Was at  the same game.  Took the BART from the other end from my house in  Dublin. Would put ny jersey in a bag and put it on when I got to  the fellow Bills Backers in the parking lot. We had no problems in the lot because Pinto Ken was with us and offered the Raider Fans  near us bowling ball shots.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oakland A's on X: "Together with @BIG_Architects and @HNTBCorp, we have unveiled the design for our new ballpark project in Las Vegas on the Tropicana site. BIG will serve as the design lead and HNTB as the sports/hospitality designer and architect of record. Images by Negativ https://t.co/mvpiCBXD54" / X (twitter.com)

• 5 weeks later...

Jeff Passan on X: "The A's plan to move to Sacramento for the 2025-27 seasons, with an option to play there in 2028 as well, the team announced. They will play in Sutter Health Park -- just over 10,000 seats, with grass outfield seats to increase capacity to 14,000 -- for at least three seasons." / X (twitter.com)

Someone picked up an official A's guide sheet for Customer Service agents earlier this week. In plain black and white, it says that if they were to see any signage that said "Rooted in Oakland", to take that down immediately, and to not refer to the team as the "Oakland" A's.