Would you today trade places with Texans fans?

Pine Barrens Mafia

Would ya?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade places with a Texans fan, right now?

• You better believe it?
    • How dare you make me clutch my pearls in shock? NO!

Just now, Lost said:

I'm wish I could have the feeling back of a massive window opening for my team of being a perennial playoff contender instead of feeling like the team has plateaued or the window is slowly closing.  

Window isn't closing since Allen has many years left but the roster will have to be retooled or reloaded. I do think the window to win with the current core group has probably closed.

13 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Explain? Have you been to Dallas, Houston, Austin, etc? 

I am here and it's not bad at all? I don't understand? 

I, for one, really enjoy no income tax.

Just for clarification: I would not trade spots at all. I think CJ Stroud's play right now is not going to last. I'm just trying to understand the Texas hate as a location to live. 

You don't have to live in Texas for no state income tax. Welcome to Florida. 

32 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sad you didnt enjoy it.  North Texas is pretty vague, parts I am sure aren't anywhere I would want to live in, other parts are probably pretty nice.  If you were unhappy, dont know why your stuck it out 20 years. 

But to the point of these thread, the widow with a potential franchise QB ON A ROOKIE CONTRACT  with a lot of draft capital and a good young HC, all the arrows are pointed upwards for the Texans.  Like GoBills404 stated, great feeling for the Texans like 2020 for the Bill fans when Josh had his breakout year.

I am sticking it out because I didn't want to pull my kids away from their friends in school.  Son is a freshman in college and my daughter is a sophomore in high school.  I would have never forgiven my parents had we moved away from my friends at that point in my life so we didn't want to do that to them.  

Both my kids want to go to college in the northeast...my son grad school anyway hopefully in the northeast.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Explain? Have you been to Dallas, Houston, Austin, etc? 

Just for clarification: I would not trade spots at all. I think CJ Stroud's play right now is not going to last. I'm just trying to understand the Texas hate as a location to live. 

I will happily pay the income taxes in ny again in two years to  gain The cheaper grocery prices, housing etc. and overall better environment to live in.   A NY winter is more tolerable to me at this point than a North Texas Summer which never ends.  

not to mention to get to have a real fall again is just the greatest to me.  I will admit I am going to hate the spring in NY.

Edited by MikePJ76

31 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

I’m sure your property taxes are also no where near the outrageous amount that they would be in NY. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m sure your property taxes are also no where near the outrageous amount that they would be in NY. 

You must be unaware of the states current immense issue with property taxes.  My property taxes here are absurd.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I will happily pay the income taxes in ny again in two years to  gain The cheaper grocery prices, housing etc. and overall better environment to live in.   A NY winter is more tolerable to me at this point than a North Texas Summer which never ends.  

not to mention to get to have a real fall again is just the greatest to me.  I will admit I am going to hate the spring in NY.

Where are you living in New York with cheaper housing - after you factor in property taxes, which you are either paying out of escrow or your own pocket. 

Not a chance. Let's wait and see what the Texans do this year and if they even win a post season game before we jump the gun about how good they are. There is a reason why a season is 17 games and there is the truism that once teams get enough tape on a new coach and QB, things get figured out. Let's see how the league adjust to Stroud first. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Where are you living in New York with cheaper housing - after you factor in property taxes, which you are either paying out of escrow or your own pocket. 

Central NY where I am from.  Again, The property taxes in North Texas are ridiculous.  I believe texas is like 6th or 5th ish in property taxes.  

I said yes because the question was phrased "trade places right now / today"

I think it is hard to project either team too far out.  Bills clearly have issues- but could very well get everything sorted out over the remainder of this season and offseason- and get back to being a perennial Superbowl contender.  We also have Josh Allen who at his best, was performing consistently at or better than Mahomes.  He didn't suddenly forget how to play quarterback.

The Texans on the other hand are likely to have a better season than we will this year and Stroud looks great.  Still, lets see how they look at the end of the year and after defensive coordinators start doing a better job game planning for Stroud.  

Overall, I think the Bills have a slightly better future over the medium and long term simply based on Allen.  Having said that right now, I'd rather be a Texans fan- at least for the remainder of this season- their fans have a much more enjoyable season to look forward to I think.

Edited by saundena

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.