Does Anyone Miss Daboll and Frazier?

hondo in seattle

23 minutes ago, WinterSoldier17 said:

Definitely miss Daboll. Whether you like him or not, this offense was drastically different (explosive) under his watch.

He had answers, made adjustments, and most importantly Josh Allen thrived under his tutelage and tough love.

We all knew we were going to lose Daboll. Personally I was disappointed that he wasn't around for a couple more years since things were going so well, particularly the development of JA as you pointed out.

And I guess I'm in the minority around here regarding Leslie Frazier. I thought he was a terrific coordinator, and an all-around calm and stable presence on the team. I'm not ready to toss him under the bus just because of a couple of bad moments in big games. That defense was very consistent. Sure, it's more fun as a fan to watch an "attacking" defense, but it doesn't necessarily yield the best results.

I would absolutely bet that the coaching turnover has been a difficult adjustment for this team, and we would be rolling better with the other two guys. I would also bet that McD pulling double duty as head coach and D-Coordinator is NOT easy, and a competitive disadvantage. The guy is probably exhausted. That all said, these coaching changes happen to every team and you simply just have to keep moving on and find the way.

Edited by CheshireCT
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Both Daboll and Frazier had their detractors.  It seemed most fans felt Dorsey would keep the machine rolling while Frazier's departure was largely celebrated.  

Yet the O and D performed better when those two were the coordinators.  Maybe they added more value than we give them credit for.  

No. One can't get a job and the other should be losing his.  No recycling,we need to clean house and find someone to actually get what talent we have to perform and  GM that can find better talent

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Both Daboll and Frazier had their detractors.  It seemed most fans felt Dorsey would keep the machine rolling while Frazier's departure was largely celebrated.  

Yet the O and D performed better when those two were the coordinators.  Maybe they added more value than we give them credit for.  

Offence has not been the same since Daboll left town,  as for Frazier he was a loser and was happy to see him gone

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

After 13 seconds, I wanted the Bills to fire McD and promote Daboll…Josh was at his best when he was here…👍

Many have echoed this thought around here ever since Daboll left.

Maybe we can get our wish at the end of this year, if Daboll is getting fired.  Fire McD and bring in Daboll to be the HC here.

I'm afraid Daboll won't be fired, however.

• Agree 1

**** No!   I’d rather have Daboll over Brady and Dorsey but I’d prefer a brand new offensive scheme altogether.  

If we don’t win 1 playoff game, McD should be replaced.  Prior to the season, I thought he needed to win at least 2 playoffs games to keep his job, but the injuries in D have really taken a toll on what he wants to do.  I’ll give him that small benefit of the doubt.  

Praying for Ben Johnson.  Maybe he’d hire Frazier as DC 🤣 imagine that.  

• Like (+1) 1

HELL NO

Frazier was way too passive, McDermott is much better DC.

Dorsey was bad but it was Dabol's offense which had the same problems we have now - no running game and not scheming guys open.

If Brady runs up tempo, play action, better run scheme and pass scheme then he will be a hero.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.