Do You Watch NFL When The Bills Aren’t On?

Irv

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I love football, so yeah, always watching regardless.  Plus my wife is a big Niners fan, so we always have her game too.  I mean this is why I have an 85" and two 42" TV's in our living room cuz we both love football.  Its also nice to have the side TV's to throw other games/sports on while the wife wants to watch the Great British Baking Show or something like the Bachelor on the big one lol.  

My son just turned 5 months but he is a mad man and full crawling and standing already and loves to just be in his play area doing his own thing.  So this weekend I just laid in his play pen watching football with him while he just had a ball climbing all over me and jamming around his play area haha.  Having him to play with during these lame Bills games helps my mood too lol

That’s awesome brother.  I remember when my daughter was born in the 1997 football season.  I am a big Michigan college football fan.  When she was little she would sit in the bouncy seat next to me while I watched us go undefeated and win the National Championship.  Great memory.  Now she is 26 and is a big Bills fan living in Arizona.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/29/2023 at 11:22 AM, Buffalo03 said:

I don't understand why "football" fans do this stuff on Sundays just because the Bills aren't on. Anything I need done, I do mostly on Saturdays during football season so that way Sundays I can relax all day and watch football. People that like football but have this "eh, Bills aren't on so I'll clean the garage out" attitude, I don't get

Perhaps you don’t have better things to do, like finding new adventures and making meaningful memories. 

I was like that in my 20s. 

Hell, I was even like that in my 30s and 40s when I was enduring a miserable marriage. 

In those days, yes - Sundays were all about football. 

Life changes and so do personal priorities and goals. 

If someone wants to spend an entire day off watching football, more power to them. 

If I didn’t have anything better - or in this past Sunday’s case - more important, to do, then yes - I’d have parked my ass on the couch and watched football. 

But I did. And, thankfully, I usually do. 

You wanna judge?  Knock yourself out. 

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Perhaps you don’t have better things to do, like finding new adventures and making meaningful memories. 

I was like that in my 20s. 

Hell, I was even like that in my 30s and 40s when I was enduring a miserable marriage. 

In those days, yes - Sundays were all about football. 

Life changes and so do personal priorities and goals. 

If someone wants to spend an entire day off watching football, more power to them. 

If I didn’t have anything better - or in this past Sunday’s case - more important, to do, then yes - I’d have parked my ass on the couch and watched football. 

But I did. And, thankfully, I usually do. 

You wanna judge?  Knock yourself out. 

Better things to do? I can do anything better. I just don't see why it needs to be done on Sundays during football season when you have 6 other days of the week to do stuff and you call yourself a football fan. It makes no sense. You can clean out the garage on any Saturday man but you choose to do it in a Sunday during football season? And you'd rather do that than watch football? Lol. Ok. and I'm almost 40. Not in my 20s

Edited by Buffalo03

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Better things to do? I can do anything better. I just don't see why it needs to be done on Sundays during football season when you have 6 other days of the week to do stuff and you call yourself a football fan. It makes no sense. You can clean out the garage on any Saturday man but you choose to do it in a Sunday during football season? And you'd rather do that than watch football? Lol. Ok. and I'm almost 40. Not in my 20s

Saturday was unseasonably warm and I chose to go on a short cruise on beautiful Lake George, knowing Sunday was going to be rainy and cold. 

I’m not sure about you, but I work Monday through Friday. 

I sacrifice enough Sundays watching the Bills. 

A couple weeks ago, I even hung out in my kitchen listening to the Bills on the radio. 

Those are four hours I could have been doing something a hell of a lot more meaningful. 

It’s just a game. 

I’m going to remember that Lake George cruise 10 years from now. 

I won’t remember any NFL game that was played this past Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Saturday was unseasonably warm and I chose to go on a short cruise on beautiful Lake George, knowing Sunday was going to be rainy and cold. 

I’m not sure about you, but I work Monday through Friday. 

I sacrifice enough Sundays watching the Bills. 

A couple weeks ago, I even hung out in my kitchen listening to the Bills on the radio. 

Those are four hours I could have been doing something a hell of a lot more meaningful. 

It’s just a game. 

I’m going to remember that Lake George cruise 10 years from now. 

I won’t remember any NFL game that was played this past Sunday. 

Ok. It just seems odd to be a football fan and "sacrifice" a Sunday watching your favorite team and saying when they aren't on you have better things to do. Yet, you pointed out cleaning out your garage and going grocery shopping

Your friends on the Bills bye week: "Hey, wanna come watch some football this Sunday we'll have a couple beers and shoot the sh*t"

You: "nah, I'm not sacrificing a Sunday for that. I gotta rearrange my attic and go grocery shopping and grab some things from Home Depot baby. I'm pumped" 

Lol. It's just weird but you do you

4 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

That’s awesome brother.  I remember when my daughter was born in the 1997 football season.  I am a big Michigan college football fan.  When she was little she would sit in the bouncy seat next to me while I watched us go undefeated and win the National Championship.  Great memory.  Now she is 26 and is a big Bills fan living in Arizona.  

That’s awesome!  I’m already loving watching football with him, CBs only imagine it’s gonna get better as he grows!  

The big question and war brewing is will he be a Bills fan like me or Niners fan like my wife hahaha #HouseDivided 

Honestly probably better for him to be. Niners fan living in CA and not suffer through Bills fan misery hahaha…but nah, he’s gonna be a Bills fan 😂.  I already baptized him Bills Mafia and put him through a table I made for him week 1 too haha

Since the Bills were not on TV  10.29,  my buddy and I got a final round of golf in as the weather turned on Monday and the course is soon to shut down for the season.

Plus I wanted to "see"  how golf was after having cataract surgery and being able to see the ball way down the fairway.

Had a great round as I won $2 and found 10 golf balls.

We were the last ones on the course as it got dark at 6:15.

Watched some NFL Network when I got home and gave Mrs. Lew my winnings.

It was nice to have a Sunday not worrying about the Bills.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:18 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s awesome!  I’m already loving watching football with him, CBs only imagine it’s gonna get better as he grows!  

The big question and war brewing is will he be a Bills fan like me or Niners fan like my wife hahaha #HouseDivided 

Honestly probably better for him to be. Niners fan living in CA and not suffer through Bills fan misery hahaha…but nah, he’s gonna be a Bills fan 😂.  I already baptized him Bills Mafia and put him through a table I made for him week 1 too haha

That's a riot.  My 3 kids are all young adults.  But have been Bills fans since they were young even though they all grew up in the Atlanta area.  They live all over the U S now.  But watch all the games.  And its something we can all connect with.  The same with my two brothers who live on the West Coast.  I remember my daughter used to wear a Brian Moorman jersey all the time when she was young.  That shows how bad we were in that era w our best player being a punter.  Enjoy your son.  They grow up fast.  And then the mayhem will start.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.