If Dorsey needs to be fired - McD needs to go

Big Blitz

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

The defense kept the team in the games the last 3 weeks.  The offense failed with 6 points in the first half of the last 3 games.

I'll give you the NE game that they fell off but you can't expect them to be good every week while missing 7 players on defense.  What is the offenses excuse while no one is missing?

The offense scored 25 Vs a team with a terrible offense. A team shut out by the Saints . A team that reached the red zone yesterday more than they had in their 4 previous games combined.  I don’t care about injuries - it’s Mac Jones and Kendrick Bourne. NE set many season highs Vs the Bills D yesterday. There’s just no way that’s acceptable. 

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Why does it have to be him?

Does it not bother anyone you may have an organization filled with people way to comfortable in their jobs - it’s not like any of them are ….. distracting themselves with … yea.  

It doesn’t have to be Ben Johnson.  

This would be for Beane to decide - what do we pay him to do again? 

Not sure what you mean with people being comfortable in their jobs.  I don’t think anyone is comfortable, I’m just stating what the facts are and all lead to the fact that it’s a damn near certainty McDermott won’t get fired.  

Not saying it’s Johnson but using him

as an example of a up-and-coming OC with zero evidence that he’s guaranteed to be a good coach. 

It’s like the drought mentality “fire ______ because it can’t possibly be worse.” 

We’ve seen that it can

Can we fire posters? 

The team lost their elite LB, and elite DB to injuries and is still stopping offenses. The offense is having issues with not being able to score in the first half of the last few games. Yes, blame Josh Allen to a degree. Blame Dorsey to a degree.

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Can we fire posters? 

The team lost their elite LB, and elite DB to injuries and is still stopping offenses. The offense is having issues with not being able to score in the first half of the last few games. Yes, blame Josh Allen to a degree. Blame Dorsey to a degree.

Watch this video and think that the Buffalo Bills are just not all that talented. Need a real #2 WR! Need some LBers...Poyer shouldn't need to swap out to LBer. 

The trade deadline coming up and Beane should make some moves...to whom, I have no idea.

This wasn't on coaching! It was on the players! 

Edited by Nihilarian

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m done listening to the blame on the OC.  

If this team needs an elite OC that will get hired as a HC immediately anyway then wtf are we doing here?  

It’s really unfair to Dorsey a first time play caller (year 2 yea I know) what’s going on right now.  

The pressure has to be getting to him.  

If we need a new OC to get the most out of peak Josh Allen, then the guy who hired the current OC is done.  It’s sad.  But it’s reality. 

So we let McD hire the new OC and hope he rights the ship.  He’s getting a HC job immediately.  And we do this dance again.  

Coaches have peaks to.  

McDs peak here was 2021-to week 4 of 2023.  Injuries derailed this season’s defense but I don’t really like how the HC is not getting the heat Ken is. 

Why is this team flat?  You needed elite players at every position on D to win?  Why does Elam not see the field?  Why can’t Dorian play over a 4 year Jag.  

If this season ends as it’s currently going, it’s time to completely clean house.  

This is all on McD.  Who’s only proving we need an elite injury free team to win.  

I think more and more fans will want to see McDermott gone and bring in a young offensive minded HC. I also believe Dorsey's play calling is being highly influenced by McDermott to be slow

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

If this season ends as it’s currently going, it’s time to completely clean house.  

I don't agree with everything in your post but I agree with this. If the Bills miss the playoffs I'd clean house. I don't think they will, barring a total collapse (5 or 6 wins), but they should. 

26 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

The New England loss specifically was on a combination or player execution (particularly on offense), McDermott's defensive play calling and Beane's wasted cap $$s on backup DTs who absolutely stink. 

First the proviso, that I think McD is a good coach, however not great & frankly I've said it before I never bought into what was referred to as The Process.

So one, the sliding glass door question.

If Andy Dalton doesn't connect with Boyd on a 40 yard TD on 4th down and the Bills don't make the playoffs, does peoples' perception of McD change?

And #2.  Yes we know injuries, and I'm of the camp that all teams have them, but.....

The fact that McD is coaching the defence this year (and not Frazier) too affect how people perceive them? 

They were good vs. Las Vegas and Washington, but I posted that I saw some cracks.  Vs. NYJ they were gashed on the ground and still amazed at all the praise they got allowing almost 500 yards vs. Jax and barely a stop (yes not a lot of points).  They were getting a great many takeaways and timely bounces (have read about fumble probabilities) that went their way. 

And really some people still shifting the blame to the offence when Mac Jones tore them apart?

As usual food for thought.

9 hours ago, Governor said:

GM’s don’t get 2 bites at the apple. No way you allow Beane to hire our next HC. They must both be banished.

When did Beane get two bites at the apple. He didn't even get one. McDermott got hired first. Recommended Beane for the GM job and the Pegula's hired him. If Beane were given the chance to hire the Bills next HC it would be his first time doing so.

12 hours ago, JohnNord said:

There is a ton of revisionist history in this thread.  Who is the elite HC and OC that you want to hire?  They don’t grow on trees.

Some people here assume that a “hot” coordinator like Ben Johnson in Detroit is the answer.  We have no clue he’d be as HC - he has zero experience.  He also scored 6 points in a huge game versus Baltimore.  

You’d be great at staying in an abusive relationship (and a great case can be made that we all are with the Bills). “How will I ever find someone better?!”

The only question is whether or not we have the correct staff in place to bring home a championship. I don’t think we do for a variety of reasons. Sure, it’ll be difficult to find the right people to do that, but we will never find them if we don’t look. 

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Can we fire posters? 

The trade deadline coming up and Beane should make some moves...to whom, I have no idea.

What KoolAid are you drinking????  Wow just wow.....  Mac Jones torched them.  Tyrod pout up #'s and Jax had almost 500 yards.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What KoolAid are you drinking????  Wow just wow.....  Mac Jones torched them.  Tyrod pout up #'s and Jax had almost 500 yards.

Granted, they were smoked by a really bad NE offensive team...especially on that last drive.  

Listen to the all-22 and see that most of the team played poorly. They benched Williams and brought in Dodson and he was a little better. It was so bad that Jordan Poyer was playing LBer...

I don't know why, but it seems like these bad teams suddenly play like world-beaters against the Bills. Starting with the Jags, then the Giants played the best game of the season against Buffalo and the Bills were lucky to even win that game.

Looking back, it's sort of amazing how they beat the Raiders, Commanders, and Dolphins so profoundly. 38-10, 37-3, 48-20. Currently, they can't score in the first half, missing field goals by Bass 0 matic. 

Suddenly, the Buffalo offensive line that looked so good in those winning games now looks really, really bad. We know why the defense looked bad to a degree because of the loss of star players. But still, they really stunk on that last NE drive. 

If they continue to play like they have the last few games... it's season over. 

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Granted, they were smoked by a really bad NE offensive team...especially on that last drive.  

Listen to the all-22 and see that most of the team played poorly. They benched Williams and brought in Dodson and he was a little better. It was so bad that Jordan Poyer was playing LBer...

I don't know why, but it seems like these bad teams suddenly play like world-beaters against the Bills. Starting with the Jags, then the Giants played the best game of the season against Buffalo and the Bills were lucky to even win that game.

Looking back, it's sort of amazing how they beat the Raiders, Commanders, and Dolphins so profoundly. 38-10, 37-3, 48-20. Currently, they can't score in the first half, missing field goals by Bass 0 matic. 

Suddenly, the Buffalo offensive line that looked so good in those winning games now looks really, really bad. We know why the defense looked bad to a degree because of the loss of star players. But still, they really stunk on that last NE drive. 

If they continue to play like they have the last few games... it's season over. 

But the Raiders & Commanders were both able to move the ball, though points were minimal.  The Bills padded their turnover and sack stats, but dive deeper and there were cracks that I pointed out.  Dolphins they were a little better, but also a TD was called back and there were some 4th down stops deep in Buffalo territory.

Just food for thought.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.