Kincaid Was Great Against the Pats* - And It Could Have Been Even Better

sven233

The way Kincaid prepares his body to run after the catch is very impressive. Most guys that try to look ahead end up dropping balls. I don’t know how Kincaid manages to have the hands he does while also preparing to run during the process of a catch. It’s very special. He has some very nice YAC numbers given the way he has been used so far.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

Really need to have a WR option that allows them to use Kincaid as the TE on 3rd down and relegate Knox to the bench...at least on those important passing downs.

Shakir's snap count slowly is going up because he is a really reliable receiver who has improved his blocking. Shakir's snap count against the Pats was 24 up 1 from the previous week and up massively from the 7 snaps he took in week 1. He hauled in 4 for 4 for 35 yards against the Pats and before then had 4 catches that were for a TD or key first downs. 

Shakir can be a genuinely good slot WR this season. I have liked what I have seen from him all season he just needs more opportunity and if he can get over 25+ snaps a game and 3-5 targets he can produce at a consistent level. It really helped the offense to have more of those "easy" chain-moving catches or catches that set up 2nd and short or 3rd and short situations. 

I think the offense has enough talent around Josh the coaching just needs to use it properly. I would still look to add more pop at WR, Mooney from Chicago would be a solid realistic target that would add speed and versatility to the WR group. But if everyone on offense is healthy as is the talent is there around Josh. 

Diggs is a stud WR1, Kincaid and Shakir are good reliable short to mid-range WR's, Knox is a good blocker and a nice supplemental target, Gabe Davis adds a downfield presence and is a good blocker, Hardy is a speedy WR who adds gadget ability and Cook and the RB's are getting it done both on the ground and can add to the passing attack. The offensive line is a lot better this season with McGovern and Torrence plus Brown is less of a liability (although he is still the "weak link"). While I wouldn't mind adding one more weapon I really think this is on the coaching and the players to get it done. 

44 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Agreed, although Allen’s deep ball accuracy has been suspect lately. 

All deep balls are not made equal LOL..

Josh is chucking balls 60 yards down the field that are a little off

The NFL constitutes a deep ball as 15 yards down field.. Josh is the best thrower of the football 15 to 20 yards down field in the NFL

And you can throw seam balls 15-20 yards down the seam... It isn't 50 lol

Josh is literally fine ... It's everybody else who's not rallying around him

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.