Josh’s stats so far - the Ken Dorsey Offense

Roundybout

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

The stats don't tell the whole story due to the fact that McDermott is more than happy to run up the score and pad stats when he can.  Josh has 10 TD passes, 2 INTs, and 0 fumbles in the 4 wins.  He's got 5 TD passes, 5 INTs, and 3 fumbles in the 3 losses.

Running up the score and having better stats in wins are different things.  The bills have not run up the score.   

if you are advocating for cutting out turnovers sign me up.  

Pick group 1 or group 2:

Group 1:

297 passing yards (7th), 56 rushing yards (2nd)

317 passing yards (6th), 10 rushing yards (12th)

400 passing yards (2nd), 47 rushing yards (4th)

213 passing yards (12th), 70 rushing yards (1st)

424 passing yards (1st), 42 rushing yards (6th)

329 passing yards (4th), 32 rushing yards (8th)

218 passing yards (11th tied), 49 rushing yards (3rd)

Group 2

236 passing yards (10th), 36 rushing yards (7th)

274 passing yards (8th), 7 rushing yards (13th)

218 passing yards (11th tied), 46 rushing yards (5th)

320 passing yards (5th), 17 rushing yards (9th tied)

359 passing yards (3rd), 14 rushing yards (10th)

169 passing yards (13th), 11 rushing yards (11th)

265 passing yards (9th), 17 rushing yards (9th tied)

Group 1 has 5 of the top 7 passing yards and 5 of the top 6 rushing yards. But Allen is having a better year because he is completely more 1 yard dump offs. Ok. 

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

We also see a bit more success in the run game aside from Josh, as Cook’s 417 yards are the best a Bills RB has had through this span in some time. 

Last season through 7 games we had 860 rushing yards.  

This season, 790 so far.  

642 and 4 TDs w/o Allen's contributions.  Cook has 1 TD, Murray 2, and Harris 1.  

Last season thru 7 games Allen had 306 yards and 2 TDs.  

Without him last season, the first 7 games, the team had 554 yards.  Cook & McKenzie both had 1 TD.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Running up the score and having better stats in wins are different things.  The bills have not run up the score.   

if you are advocating for cutting out turnovers sign me up.  

In their first 3 wins of the season, they had big leads at halftime in each.  They proceeded to outscore their opponents by a combined 55-9 in the second half.  They absolutely run up the score when they can.

They did the same thing early last season winning 31-10 against the Rams, 41-7 against the Titans, and 38-3 against the Steelers.  The combined scores in the second halves of those games was 52-0.  If that isn't running up the score, I don't know what is.

They need to take the handcuffs off Josh. Don't call QB running plays, and not too many options plays. But don't tell him not to run when he needs to make a play. His best runs are when the play breaks down and he spies an opening. Don't worry about him sliding or getting out of bounds. When his running he is expecting the hits. Let him do him. He is getting hurt in the pocket! 

He should be given 2 or 3 options to call at the line after seeing the D line up. Put it on his shoulders, it's the way the offense runs best. Now it won't work everytime. But we will see less of the stalled lifeless drives that we have the past 3 games. 

The D injuries hurt us a lot. Jones being the worst one. We need a second DT now. But if the O get's in sync faster, we score enough to allow the D to be aggressive and can live with some mistakes there. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Even I don’t know how this is possible? Is every other offense just terrible? 

I don’t understand these magic “advanced” stats. Unless they keep using our games against Washington where we ran up the score.

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

In their first 3 wins of the season, they had big leads at halftime in each.  They proceeded to outscore their opponents by a combined 55-9 in the second half.  They absolutely run up the score when they can.

They did the same thing early last season winning 31-10 against the Rams, 41-7 against the Titans, and 38-3 against the Steelers.  The combined scores in the second halves of those games was 52-0.  If that isn't running up the score, I don't know what is.

I know you cannot see it another way but 37 and 38 points is not running it up.  They spend 4th quarters running clock.   The dolphins ran up the score vs the broncos.  And I am good scoring 48 vs the dolphins every day. 

• Like (+1) 1

Take out the LAV and MIA game and it gets worse.

122-184 (66%) completions

1247 passing yards (249 per game)

8 TD

7 INT

22 rushes for 124 yards (25 per game)

Is that who Josh Allen is? A 66% completion guy with 250 yds, 1TD/I Int and 25 rushing yards per game?

• Dislike 1

I don’t think Dorsey schemes the offense to take advantage of the opposing defense’s weaknesses.

He may scheme against expected defensive looks, but it doesn’t seem like he looks at the opposing players and says “This guy sucks, and this unit blows, so we are going to design our game plan to exploit that” unless it’s a crappy corner one on one with Diggs and then any of us All Pro OC’s as Josh would say could call the same game.

Also, there doesn’t seem to be any set up of plays. It’s the friggin Magic 8 Ball offense where you shake up the plays and just run whatever pops up.

Good offensive coordinators know how teams are going to attack us, plan how to exploit that, then also plan for the expected defensive adjustments to that exploitation in advance. 

Edited by RunTheBall

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I know you cannot see it another way but 37 and 38 points is not running it up.  They spend 4th quarters running clock.   The dolphins ran up the score vs the broncos.  And I am good scoring 48 vs the dolphins every day. 

There's nothing wrong with it.  I'm just saying that stats get skewed when scores are run up in games that are already decided.  I'm not going to be impressed by an OC who can't win a low scoring game simply because he can put up a ton of fluff points in blowouts.  

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

MIA and LAV he played lights out.

The rest have been bad to blah. WASH game we only had 16 points going into the 4th. No need to bring up the NYJ, JAX, NYG, NE games other than point out the O was not good enough, especially early in the last 3 (10 points total in those 1st half. Actually only 17 in the first 3 qtrs of all three- that makes 42 of our last 59 points all in the 4th quarter. You can spin it as at least they dont quit or that Bills were in do or die mode vs teams holding leads. 

5 minutes ago, Billl said:

There's nothing wrong with it.  I'm just saying that stats get skewed when scores are run up in games that are already decided.  I'm not going to be impressed by an OC who can't win a low scoring game simply because he can put up a ton of fluff points in blowouts.  

I am good with your reasoning on being impressed but why is it the OCs job to win and lose vs the head coach, defense, quarterback?   Lots of blame on Dorsey but I am not convinced it is totally warranted. 

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yep.  Josh may like shotgun, but they are more effective under center.  McBeane may want 12 and 21 personnel, but safe ball control football is not the way.

Josh cooks under 11 personnel.  What the hell are they doing when Harty gets 1 catch and McD pulls him.  The fastest guy on the team except for Isabella.

Stop with this insistence on ball control and 12 personnel.  Josh likes throwing it downfield and to WR’s and is darn good at it.

Stop with handcuffing Josh running.  It’s not working.  It’s a big part of his game.

We drove in Q4 twice for TD’s because we went 11.  We also have success in empty.

The defense is seriously hurt by the losses of Daquan, Milano, Tre and temporarily Oliver.  Our defense works with interior pressure.  We had none yesterday and made Mack look all world.

This was most pathetic loss of the McD era.  You guys know me and I’m very positive about my Bills because I love them and have been in McBeanes corner, but something dramatic needs to  change 

I can’t watch another performance like this with Tampa.  Besides I’ll never hear the end of it from all of my friends in Tampa.

Coach McDermott doesn't have issues benching guys when they make key mistakes. Yet Knox keeps getting the start. He needs to ride the bench with Kincaid getting the start. And like you said, 11 personnel seems to give the Bills a better shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.