Offense has no urgency

BuffBills51

The past 3 games heading into the 4th quarter the offense has scored 3, 0 and 10 points. When they start to have the urgency to score they seem to put points up at will. Is it time for Dorsey to look at a no huddle offense throughout the game? Is it just poor preparation coming into the game and the staff is just late on adjustments? Three straight games of the same lackluster offense for three quarters of the game. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

The past 3 games heading into the 4th quarter the offense has scored 3, 0 and 10 points. When they start to have the urgency to score they seem to put points up at will. Is it time for Dorsey to look at a no huddle offense throughout the game? Is it just poor preparation coming into the game and the staff is just late on adjustments? Three straight games of the same lackluster offense for three quarters of the game. 

Jags are a legit team and that start can probably be explained away easily. The Giants they came in cocky expecting to win with half an effort and were able to escape with the W by the skin of their teeth. Yesterday the bills team again looked like they expected to win just because they are the Bills but the D only made 1 real play even in the second half and unlike the Giants the Pats were able to finish the drive at the end of the game. 

I am shocked by all the O complaints when your D gave up 29 points to the worst O in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I believe it is poor prep. If the first 15 or so plays are scripted,  it's on Dorsey to correct it. I wouldn't mind it if the first few plays weren't working,  let Josh call some to allow Dorsey time to adjust and communicate,  but I don't think a no huddle offense would be wise for a majority of the game.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I believe it is poor prep. If the first 15 or so plays are scripted,  it's on Dorsey to correct it. I wouldn't mind it if the first few plays weren't working,  let Josh call some to allow Dorsey time to adjust and communicate,  but I don't think a no huddle offense would be wise for a majority of the game.

The most concerning thing for me.  The announcers talked about how much time the team spent going over what plays to script early on, what plays they really liked and didn’t.  And the offense still looked terrible early on.  That is not good.

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jags are a legit team and that start can probably be explained away easily. The Giants they came in cocky expecting to win with half an effort and were able to escape with the W by the skin of their teeth. Yesterday the bills team again looked like they expected to win just because they are the Bills but the D only made 1 real play even in the second half and unlike the Giants the Pats were able to finish the drive at the end of the game. 

I am shocked by all the O complaints when your D gave up 29 points to the worst O in the NFL.

Because people over here find it easier to blame Josh and Dorsey 🤷‍♀️

Just now, Aimee75 said:

Because people over here find it easier to blame Josh and Dorsey 🤷‍♀️

Well IMO I’d be more worried about how many points the D will give up to good Os like KC, Cincy, and even the dolphins who look rather normal the last few weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Defense wilted when it was needed most. But I add, when you are missing four starters, and when all four are among your best players, it will eventually catch up to you. I think there were 3 missed tackles on the screen play, and I was going to say something about the "coverage" in the TD, but there was no "coverage" and no help from the safeties. A total meltdown on that drive. Unfortunately, it came at the worst time possible.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The most concerning thing for me.  The announcers talked about how much time the team spent going over what plays to script early on, what plays they really liked and didn’t.  And the offense still looked terrible early on.  That is not good.

I thinks that's more of a general  statement. I believe most, if not all teams do this. It still falls on Dorsey as he is the OC. I wasn't a Dorsey hater, but I'm changing direction. Can't have these slow starts, it doesn't allow Josh to get into any kind of rythm and boggs down the whole team imo.

18 minutes ago, CSBill said:

The Defense wilted when it was needed most. But I add, when you are missing four starters, and when all four are among your best players, it will eventually catch up to you. I think there were 3 missed tackles on the screen play, and I was going to say something about the "coverage" in the TD, but there was no "coverage" and no help from the safeties. A total meltdown on that drive. Unfortunately, it came at the worst time possible.

The offense once again didn't show up until the 2nd half, but you are right about the defense. Once the Bills made it 25-22 with about 1:58 left the defense had to close the deal there and get the win. 

• Like (+1) 1

Josh looks absolutely bored to death. As someone else said in another thread he looks like he’d much rather be on a golf course somewhere. Oh sure, when it comes down to the fourth quarter he can muster up enough energy to see if his athleticism can pull it out but up until then he’s NOT playing with the fire and focus it takes to win games in the NFL. 

The energy on offense does have me concerned.  I think they've been so used to doing whatever they want to do since 2020, that they come out and assume things will work.  Also, they get dominated in the trenches for 3 straight week.  That hurts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.