Never thought I’d say this. Sean McDermott is a stupid coach.

Beast

6 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

So...not a whole lot of love for the HC on this message board..fair enough..some of the play calling and game management has been horrendous. 

But can anyone show me any precedent for an Owner/GM firing a coach mid season thats 5-3 after sustaining the injuries that have put many of your key players out for the season?

If the team continues to collapse as the season goes on and ends abruptly, a firing is a possibility..but ANY chance of McDermott being fired now are somewhere between slim to none.

That’s the problem.

McDermott is never going to be bad enough to be fired.

But I fear he will also never be good enough to win us (or even get us to) a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Analytics says you go for it in every case.  4th and 5 or less, josh convert 60%+.  He needs to quit being a conservative p*ssy -it allowed tb to stay in the game,  That plus mcdermott;s lack of time management bugs the fck out of me

No, the analytics today actually said punt. 

Just now, BuffBillsForLife said:

McD won't be fired this season even if they completely implode and lose every game for the rest of the year.  It would take multiple seasons of utter disaster.

Enjoy Marvin Lewis 2.0 for the next 10 years.

I will enjoy the best point differential of any team over the last 4 years and competing for the championship every year yes 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Also reminder that we had pinned them deep every single punt, so I’m really ok with them punting on the 4th and 5 and the last punt 

The second punt on 4th and 2 was ultra weak.  Most coaches go for it there.  We had momentum on our side and likely get it.  Another score and the game was over.  

We should have won this game by 3 TD's.  Offense was killing it up and down the field.  The play call on 3rd and goal at the half yard line was terrible.  The two 4th down penalties on the illegal contact and face mask were bad.  Johnson is a good player.  But he can be exploited because of his size.  

Overall a real good game by both offense and defense.  Coaching is the weak link on the team.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

So...not a whole lot of love for the HC on this message board..fair enough..some of the play calling and game management has been horrendous. 

But can anyone show me any precedent for an Owner/GM firing a coach mid season thats 5-3 after sustaining the injuries that have put many of your key players out for the season?

If the team continues to collapse as the season goes on and ends abruptly, a firing is a possibility..but ANY chance of McDermott being fired now are somewhere between slim to none.

Obviously it's not going to happen midseason. There's really nobody to promote anyways. 

But barring some playoff heroics this should be it for him. We're going backwards. 

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Analytics says you go for it in every case.  4th and 5 or less, josh convert 60%+.  He needs to quit being a conservative p*ssy -it allowed tb to stay in the game,  That plus mcdermott;s lack of time management bugs the fck out of me

If analytics is the answer to everything, why have coaches? Analytics is an effective tool to make decisions. However, you can’t run your team on percentages. The human element and flow of the game is an important factor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

okay mrs. mcdermott.  show me your proof on punting cuz i think you're a defending mcdermott piece of sh*t

Odd insult but yes I am ok with how it turned out here in the grand scheme of things, looking at data from Computer Cowboy showing that all three punts were basically toss ups. 

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

No, the analytics today actually said punt. 

I will enjoy the best point differential of any team over the last 4 years and competing for the championship every year yes 

McD has had less playoff success than Rex Ryan with Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez at QB who had 2 AFCCG appearances.  At some point I no longer care about 12+ wins in the regular season if it just ends in dismal failure in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.