Bills @ Patriots Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, skibum said:

The Bills beat themselves today, plain and simple. If just half of the unforced errors didn't happen, it would have been a very different game. I expected the defense to backslide with all the injuries, and they certainly weren't great - but to my eyes, it was the drops, penalties, and missed throws (with good protection) - that ultimately made the difference. 

Can’t keep using that as an excuse, it’s who they are at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, skibum said:

The Bills beat themselves today, plain and simple. If just half of the unforced errors didn't happen, it would have been a very different game. I expected the defense to backslide with all the injuries, and they certainly weren't great - but to my eyes, it was the drops, penalties, and missed throws (with good protection) - that ultimately made the difference. 

How about the INT on the first pass of the game, gifting the Pats a TD?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I’ve been an optimist for 25 years. I can’t get excited about this team anymore. They’re losing me 

I feel the same way. I’ve been watching for 45 years. I just got thru being all excited for this team during the pre season and the first part of the regular season. I can’t sit here and watch another season go down the drain just to start the whole process over again next season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Actually I can.  If the Bills are going to take a high risk on a high end player then how about they do it with the O line or an offensive skill player?

Today opened my eyes wider then they have been.  I hope I have to eat my words as the Bills go on a 10 game winning streak but I don't see it happening.  There are two teams with elite franchise QB's that are underachieving and wasting the talent of their super star QB's:  The LA Chargers & Buffalo Bills. And in both cases the franchises have been run by defensive minded head coaches & GM's.

IMO the only reason the Bills have out performed the Chargers over the last few years is that Buffalo has a true home field advantage that is worth 1 - 2 games per season and Allen is better then Herbert which is worth another 1 - 2 games per season.

Cowherd may be a blow hard but he's 100% right about the difference between offensive & defensive coaches in the 2020's.  For example the Bills have had 5 seasons to get the O line right and they haven't. I rest my case.

Finally, you are arguing with what I've been saying. 

You given me a lot of flack. 

I even compared the ZBills to the Chargers and nearly got my head decapitated. 

No floating here because I wish I was wrong. Football sure hasn't been as fun with the Bills seemingly regressing. This season is hanging on by a thread. 

Did Von Miller play today? Never heard or saw him once.

I think we have a $20 million per year albatross.

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Meanwhile, in KC, Mahomes has 321 passing yards and 3 TDs AT HALFTIME!!! McDermott traded them that pick. 

Oh my God. Beat a dead horse already.

• Agree 1

- Offensive line was worked in the 1st Half

- 2nd half there was no pass rush whatsoever. 3rd straight game where I didn’t notice Von at all. 

- For Cover 1, not sure why Gabe Davis has to play 95% of snaps, I’m told blocking, but again looks like we are desperate for play making. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

The Bills are a team with-

1. a mediocre defense (injuries and coaching)

2. a mediocre run game

3. mediocre coaching

4. a very high-variance QB

A recipe for a maddeningly unpredictable team.  They can beat anyone, lose to anyone, and probably end the season a game or two over .500

That high variance qb is the only reason they aren’t the Carolina panthers 

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Meanwhile, in KC, Mahomes has 321 passing yards and 3 TDs AT HALFTIME!!! McDermott traded them that pick. 

That was Doug Whaley 

7 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm a homer's homer, and can usually find diamond in any rough.

But today is giving me pause.  Maybe it just isn't going to happen for the Bills.  So many things need to go right. 

You see my takes weren't all that crazy now?

Keep your optimism because it's needed here too. A balance is a good thing. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, boater said:

Did Von Miller play today? Never heard or saw him once.

I think we have a $20 million per year albatross.

Oh my God. Beat a dead horse already.

Why are there so many Allen haters on this board? It's genuinely baffling. The guy singlehandedly carries this team year in and out, and they don't do sh*t to help him. People should be more mad about that. As if Mahomes would flourish in this organization without Reid.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

He wasn't that good in this game. He missed Diggs on a wide open TD, had several poor throws with good protection, and threw a terrible int to give the Pats momentum. The offense sucked for most of the game. 

He bought the team back, Madden some nice throws, and eluded their pass rushers numerous times. 

It was mixed bag. 

What not mixed is Allen and his talent is being wasted year after year. 

Please, Allen was running for his life on way to many pass plays.  How many times was he hit?  Most QB's would have been sacked 3 or 4 more times today.  He rarely had "good protection". 

And so what that he missed an open Diggs on a deep pass.  Seriously, Allen will miss open receivers occasionally. 

The issue with the offense was in part the abysmal play of the defense.  Way to many people fail to appreciate just how bad our D has been the last couple of weeks.  IMO it's been worse then the O because it went up against the two worst offenses in the NFL.  They got lucky against the Giants at the end of the half & game with their so called "goal line stands". Today they made Mac Jones look like freaking Joe Burrow.

But here's the dirty little secret the defensive boosters don't want to admit:  The Bills D seldom in these games grabs hold of and changes momentum.  From the Pats opening time consuming drive to take an early 3 - 0 lead to allowing the NE to go on a long time consuming FG drive AFTER the Bills had come out of the halftime locker room and scored a TD to cut the lead to 13 - 10. 

Even though they didn't score a lot of points how many times did the Pats move the ball today using up time and flipping the field pinning the Bills deep?  Buffalo's D created ONE 3 & out.  That robbed the Bills of probably 2 extra offensive possessions.

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

- Offensive line was worked in the 1st Half

- 2nd half there was no pass rush whatsoever. 3rd straight game where I didn’t notice Von at all. 

- For Cover 1, not sure why Gabe Davis has to play 95% of snaps, I’m told blocking, but again looks like we are desperate for play making. 

The only good I saw today was Kincaid and Cook. Both looked pretty solid. Wasn't enough. 

The biggest concern is the Oline. They have been pretty bad the last few games. IMHO, it the major reason why the offense isn't excelling. Add in a clueless Dorsey and poor WR core too. 

It's a long season anything can happen. I just feel like the season is pretty much over. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

Face it  our drafting is bad , we went with the over the hill gang and it went south, other teams have draft pick being lights out ours are inactive, we had our shot 13 sec ended that , 

We have went all out on Defense for the most part drafting and FA.  It catches up eventually, it's an offensive league not a defensive 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, skibum said:

The injuries should not have been a big factor against what was by most measures the worst offense and QB in the NFL.  Sure I wouldn't have expected a shut out but the D forced only one 3 & out and as per usual for this group failed to stop an opponent at several key points of the game.  Particularly after the offense had corrected some things and caught fire.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Meanwhile 300 yds for Mahomes at halftime

The big (only ?) thing Josh has over Mahomes is his running ability and that has obviously been taken away from him. 

Plus Kelsey has a season high in the first half. Everything Taylor Swift touches turns to gold.  Maybe Josh should try and snake her from Kelsey.

But I don't put this ***** play on Josh Allen.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.