Jim Kubiak Analysis in BN

Casey D

5 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

My issue with Dorsey right now isn't so much the schemes but how he uses them.   It was especially evident during the Giants game.  Run, Run, Run or Pass, Pass, Pass.    Need more motion, more misdirection.  Love to see a jet sweep here or there.

I will say the play call on the Harty touchdown was brilliant.   Still early and overall the offense has been good.   

This is what gets me about this place (and totally not saying this is you). We ran the same exact play to Shakir last week and we didn't convert with it and everyone was talking about how it was such a horrible play call, bad scheme, etc. but this week we run it and it scores and it's brilliant lol. Again, not saying this is you - just a general statement about the board as a whole as I've seen multiple comments that match your sentiment.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

This is what gets me about this place (and totally not saying this is you). We ran the same exact play to Shakir last week and we didn't convert with it and everyone was talking about how it was such a horrible play call, bad scheme, etc. but this week we run it and it scores and it's brilliant lol. Again, not saying this is you - just a general statement about the board as a whole as I've seen multiple comments that match your sentiment.

Not me here on the shakir. Just thought Allen was tiny bit late on it and such. Thought it was a good play call with shakir.

12 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

It's usually not the same people.

5 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I noticed the man to man right away from the stands. It worked so well because Gabe couldn't get open. Diggs was bracketed a lot and Josh missed a few throws.

Plus dropped passes, a fumble, and an INT that was really just a great play by the defender, and a couple of missed reads by Allen.

These are all execution problems. The players need to make those plays.

This is the one play Josh missed that got me the most. Cook is wide open for the check down here. There isn't a defender within 5 yards, and that is initially. When Josh began to scramble to his left, Cook headed into the void of the Zone. If Josh hits him, this is likely a walk in TD. There is no one between him and the endzone. 

Screen-Shot-2023-10-18-at-10.55.14-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2023-10-18-at-10.55.32-AM-20

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Casey D said:

It is behind a pay wall so I won't link it, but he has a very different take on the Giants game.  In a nutshell, he shows that in the first half, the Giants did an excellent job of taking away what the Bills want to do-- an explosive offense.  A combination of good blitzes, and excellent man-to-man coverage aided by lots of tripping and clutching and grabbing by the Giants, utterly spoiled the Bills game plan.  Allen was 8-18.

In the second half,  Dorsey totally changed course and went with a ground and pound running approach that worked.  In their first two possessions (they only had three) the Bills had two long time consuming drives that used up most of the clock.  17 run plays and only 11 passes, and it nullified what the Giants successfully did in the first half.  Allen, with pressure off due to a solid running attack, was 10-11 in the second half, the incompletion being the pass to Knox late.

On that play, Allen had a run/pass option, and he hesitated in his decision making.  He thought about running and held the ball a tad too long before making the throw to Knox.  The result was a poor throw that still could have been caught.  But the play call was excellent and should have ended the game but the execution was poor.

I know everyone hates Dorsey right now, and I guess it is understandable and perhaps warranted.  But his ability to change approach in the second half and ***** victory from the jaws of defeat deserves some credit IMO.

“But his ability to change approach in the second half and ***** victory from the jaws of defeat deserves”

So I’m guessing that the word sna tch is banned?

1 hour ago, H2o said:

This is the one play Josh missed that got me the most. Cook is wide open for the check down here. There isn't a defender within 5 yards, and that is initially. When Josh began to scramble to his left, Cook headed into the void of the Zone. If Josh hits him, this is likely a walk in TD. There is no one between him and the endzone. 

Screen-Shot-2023-10-18-at-10.55.14-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2023-10-18-at-10.55.32-AM-20

As a right handed QB, Allen is never going to throw back across his body while running left. I've only ever seen him do it once, on an incredible TD to Diggs against the Patriots in 2020, and in that case he had to completely stop and readjust his body to make an insane throw whipping his right shoulder around. In those screenshots Cook is not even in his field of vision when he gears up to throw.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

I get it.  I don't recall the play call to Shakir but down, distance and part of the field it occurred on plays into how people view it.   Just playing devils advocate.   

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

As a right handed QB, Allen is never going to throw back across his body while running left. I've only ever seen him do it once, on an incredible TD to Diggs against the Patriots in 2020, and in that case he had to completely stop and readjust his body to make an insane throw whipping his right shoulder around. In those screenshots Cook is not even in his field of vision when he gears up to throw.

It's not really throwing back across his body like you're trying to make it out to be. He is just barely outside the left hash and Cook was at least a full step to the left of the right hash. At the most he is 12 feet off plane to his right. In that case all he had to do was float it over the LB directly in front of him somewhere between the 18-20 yard line, Cook would have run directly to it in stride, and pretty much walked into the endzone.   

7 hours ago, Casey D said:

It is behind a pay wall so I won't link it, but he has a very different take on the Giants game.  In a nutshell, he shows that in the first half, the Giants did an excellent job of taking away what the Bills want to do-- an explosive offense.  A combination of good blitzes, and excellent man-to-man coverage aided by lots of tripping and clutching and grabbing by the Giants, utterly spoiled the Bills game plan.  Allen was 8-18.

In the second half,  Dorsey totally changed course and went with a ground and pound running approach that worked.  In their first two possessions (they only had three) the Bills had two long time consuming drives that used up most of the clock.  17 run plays and only 11 passes, and it nullified what the Giants successfully did in the first half.  Allen, with pressure off due to a solid running attack, was 10-11 in the second half, the incompletion being the pass to Knox late.

On that play, Allen had a run/pass option, and he hesitated in his decision making.  He thought about running and held the ball a tad too long before making the throw to Knox.  The result was a poor throw that still could have been caught.  But the play call was excellent and should have ended the game but the execution was poor.

I know everyone hates Dorsey right now, and I guess it is understandable and perhaps warranted.  But his ability to change approach in the second half and ***** victory from the jaws of defeat deserves some credit IMO.

You can't let an awful team dictate to your Offense at home for the first half of a game.  How was he so unprepared for kickoff??  The Giants are one of the worst run Ds in the league...why wouldn't Dorsey know and gameplan for this?  There were 5 games worth of film he could have used to understand this better--everyone runs on the Giants.  

The 28th D in the league held the #3 scoring offense scoreless for 3 Q's....at home....after a crappy Offensive showing in London.

Dorsey must be dense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.