Daniel Jones hurt

TwistofFate

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Idk about all that. Jones is much better.. 

They've been missing their 2 best Offensive players in Barkley and Thomas. Barkley should return next week,  not sure on All Pro LT Thomas, which would make any QB look bad. 

I always notice your name and obviously know you are coming at this board from a similar perspective as I am. I’m blown away with how people on WFAN and even the Giant fans themselves give this guy every excuse in the book. He holds onto the ball way too long. They have changed that Oline so many times over. They don’t all just suck. It’s Jones. He has no clue what he’s looking at pre snap and can’t process. I can’t believe they paid him what they did lol 

9 hours ago, Mango said:

FWIW, as somebody who’s done some stuff with international sport this is what was always told to me. 

To Turks point about 2 weeks is the preference. The Bills played a team with about two weeks in London. So it’s not so much a “the Bills got it wrong” as much as it is “The Jags were able to stay in London”.

Land, hit the ground running, don’t nap, and immediately assimilate to the time change is standard practice for the world championships and the Olympics.

I just don't understand.  Stagger the games, work with bye weeks or thursday games, and give no one an advantage.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Does it really matter?  The Giants scored 6 offensive points against Miami yesterday against a defense we torched for 48.  And 3 of those came off a Tua INT that had them in FG range.

Edited by Big Turk

13 hours ago, pkcoff1957 said:

the bills sucked today because the upper ups decided to fly to London at the last minute - this was not on the players - rather it is on those who made suck a stupid decision - jet lag is a real thing - place the blame on the real culprits

sorry such not suck a decision

Did the Bills defense take a different flight over the pond than the offense? Because even with the injuries, the defense played pretty well.

The "jet lag" excuse is weak, VERY WEAK.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Did the Bills defense take a different flight over the pond than the offense? Because even with the injuries, the defense played pretty well.

The defense was horrendous.  It certainly was not what are acustom to seeing over the last month. 

They could not get off the field on 3rd down.  They allowed huge lengthy drives.  The only saving grace were the two fumbles in our red zone. Without those key individual plays, this game would have been a blow out. 

Jet lag excuse is not weak. Etienne was talking after the game and even he said how great it felt to not be out there playing with jet lag. 

When one team is crippled by jet lag and the other is not it's a HUGE advantage. To think otherwise is foolish.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

The defense was horrendous.  It certainly was not what are acustom to seeing over the last month. 

They could not get off the field on 3rd down.  They allowed huge lengthy drives.  The only saving grace were the two fumbles in our red zone. Without those key individual plays, this game would have been a blow out. 

Jet lag excuse is not weak. Etienne was talking after the game and even he said how great it felt to not be out there playing with jet lag. 

When one team is crippled by jet lag and the other is not it's a HUGE advantage. To think otherwise is foolish.

Agreed. Also, the Bills D players were cramping up (Jonathan, Epenesa), which is a product of dehydration. Intercontinental flights dehydrate you because there is no virtually no humidity on high-altitude plane flights. All the more reason to question the sports science guys in the Bills employ. The Ravens are doing the smart thing, but they've learned from bitter experience, getting blown out by Jax the last time they played in London.  I always thought leaving on Thursday night was a really stupid idea (I work for a UK company and have a pretty good idea of the effects of those flights), but no one is gonna listen to me!

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

Saw this in another thread right here on TBD. "DaQuan left the game after the 4th play. Milano left the game after the 11th play. Rousseau never played. Tre White never played. Benford never played. That’s FIVE starters out. Yet the defense still forced 2 turnovers and 5 punts."

Yes, the "jet-lagged" defense was obviously "horrendous." 🙄

31 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Saw this in another thread right here on TBD. "DaQuan left the game after the 4th play. Milano left the game after the 11th play. Rousseau never played. Tre White never played. Benford never played. That’s FIVE starters out. Yet the defense still forced 2 turnovers and 5 punts."

Yes, the "jet-lagged" defense was obviously "horrendous." 🙄

You have a point though personally I don't discount the jet lag "excuse". I do sort of wonder tho whether in football, as in war, it is easier when under stress to defend a position than it is to attack it.

8 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I always notice your name and obviously know you are coming at this board from a similar perspective as I am. I’m blown away with how people on WFAN and even the Giant fans themselves give this guy every excuse in the book. He holds onto the ball way too long. They have changed that Oline so many times over. They don’t all just suck. It’s Jones. He has no clue what he’s looking at pre snap and can’t process. I can’t believe they paid him what they did lol 

I think Jones and Tyrod are trash but I'd take Jones all day. 

All i stated was facts, he was missing his 2 most important players. 2 all pro players. That's it. He's average at best 

23 hours ago, pkcoff1957 said:

flying two weeks was not an option how about two days early -nobody has no excuse - it would a different game - let's play them in two weeks and see what happens (PLEASE know this is not an option - even with jet lag - the pundits still picked the Bills

obviously you have never traveled "across the pond"  Jet lag is a real thing, generally a three day thing - also when do we take pundits seriously

11 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

The Jags players themselves are saying they had a huge advantage. Etienne mentioned he knew how much harder the game was to play the previous week, compared to the second week, after assimilating. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.