Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

On 1/18/2024 at 2:39 PM, Tommy Callahan said:

Why

This is horrible. Let kids be kids. Just wondering though if those were Jewish kids and that was a Nazi would you feel the same way?

On 1/20/2024 at 6:08 PM, Tiberius said:

Very interesting article on the current state of the war on Gaza

https://dnyuz.com/2024/01/20/in-strategic-bind-israel-weighs-freeing-hostages-against-destroying-hamas/

After more than 100 days of war, Israel’s limited progress in dismantling Hamas has raised doubts within the military’s high command about the near-term feasibility of achieving the country’s principal wartime objectives: eradicating Hamas and also liberating the Israeli hostages still in Gaza.

The dual objectives of freeing the hostages and destroying Hamas are now mutually incompatible, according to interviews with four senior military leaders, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not permitted to speak publicly about their personal opinions.

On Thursday, Gadi Eisenkot, a former army chief who is serving in the war cabinet, exposed a rift inside the government when he said in a television interview that it was an “illusion” to believe that the hostages could be rescued alive through military operations.

“The situation in Gaza is such that the war aims have yet to be achieved,” said Mr. Eisenkot, adding: “For me, there’s no dilemma. The mission is to rescue civilians, ahead of killing an enemy.”

The commanders said that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s equivocation about a postwar plan for Gaza was at least in part to blame for the military’s predicament on the battlefield.

Mr. Netanyahu has yet to clarify how Gaza will be governed after the war — and the commanders said that without a long-term vision for the territory, the army could not make short-term tactical decisions about how to capture the parts of Gaza that remain beyond Israeli control. Capturing the southernmost part of Gaza, which lines the Egyptian border, would require greater coordination with Egypt. But Egypt is unwilling to engage without guarantees from Israel over the postwar plan, three of the commanders said.

“Basically, it’s a stalemate,” said Andreas Krieg, a war expert at King’s College London. “It’s not an environment where you can free hostages,” he added.

“It is an unwinnable war,” Dr. Krieg said.

“Most of the time when you are in an unwinnable war, you realize that at some point — and you withdraw,” he added. “And they didn’t.”

Define win. Their goal isn’t to wipe out Hamas as they say. It’s to make Gaza unlivable and force everyone to leave and take over the land. They are succeeding in that goal  

On 1/21/2024 at 2:46 PM, US Egg said:

This is some random A-hole. Why even post this. Want me to show you some videos of Jewish people saying Jesus is in hell?

On 1/21/2024 at 3:32 PM, sherpa said:

Not that it matters, but Mary is revered in Islam.

That faith has far more issues.

Yes we do. Very high regard. We have an entire chapter in the Quran named after her. We recognize her as the the Virgin Mary mother of Jesus. What issues are you referring to? 

On 1/21/2024 at 4:19 PM, US Egg said:

Any condemnation of the act from their brethren likely isnt forthcoming,

.....pretty much like here, the Left and msm are pretty much mum on the countless Christian symbols that are descrated in the U.S.

We gotta defend every single thing some random idiot does? Lol. Islamically it is haram (not permissible) to disrespect anyone’s religious beliefs. 

On 1/21/2024 at 4:19 PM, US Egg said:

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sad off shoot of the war in Gaza 

Shouldn’t have been there in the first place. I do not feel sad or bad about this. Israel should fight its own battles 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Justice said:

Shouldn’t have been there in the first place. I do not feel sad or bad about this. Israel should fight its own battles 

So the rest of the world should simply stand by and watch Iran supply wacky terrorists so they can fire weapons at legal shipping in international waters?

It is OK to disrupt international trade by trying to sink non combatants, and kill the people on them?

OK.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sherpa said:

So the rest of the world should simply stand by and watch Iran supply wacky terrorists so they can fire weapons at legal shipping in international waters?

It is OK to disrupt international trade by trying to sink non combatants, and kill the people on them?

OK.

Yes. The rest of the world should sit there and do nothing just like they are sitting there doing nothing for Gaza. Nobody is killing Israelis on Hamas’ behalf. Israel has a bunch of foreigners joining the Diaper Force. Fight your own battles, Israel. 

I haven’t heard about the Houthis killing anyone until the US and UK began bombing them. Is it ok to disrupt international waters? Is it ok to stop goods from coming and going you mean? Think long and hard about that one before you ask it. It’s a hypocritical question. There’s been a blockade on Gaza for years. 

17 minutes ago, Justice said:

Yes. The rest of the world should sit there and do nothing just like they are sitting there doing nothing for Gaza. Nobody is killing Israelis on Hamas’ behalf. Israel has a bunch of foreigners joining the Diaper Force. Fight your own battles, Israel. 

I haven’t heard about the Houthis killing anyone until the US and UK began bombing them. Is it ok to disrupt international waters? Is it ok to stop goods from coming and going you mean? Think long and hard about that one before you ask it. It’s a hypocritical question. There’s been a blockade on Gaza for years. 

You have your timeline wrong.

No surprise.

The US, UK and other members of a large coalition did nothing until this subcontractor, among many, of Iran decided to launch weapons to disrupt and kill non combatants.

Gaza blockades are the result of Iranian weapons shipments used to indiscriminately kill Israeli citizens.

No government allows that.

There is no justification for what the Houthis are doing, and no legitimate "woe is me" argument, anymore than claiming that all our women are whores.

You, by the way, are not the first in that culture that I have heard make that preposterous claim.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You have your timeline wrong.

No surprise.

The US, UK and other members of a large coalition did nothing until this subcontractor, among many, of Iran decided to launch weapons to disrupt and kill non combatants.

Gaza blockades are the result of Iranian weapons shipments used to indiscriminately kill Israeli citizens.

No government allows that.

There is no justification for what the Houthis are doing, and no legitimate "woe is me" argument, anymore than claiming that all our women are whores.

You, by the way, are not the first in that culture that I have heard make that preposterous claim.

Lol. No. I can’t!!! Lmao. Omg!!! I’m dying!!! Lol 

seriously though I said I didn’t hear about the houthis killing anyone. I didn’t say it didn’t happen. Provide a link then. The burden of proof is on you. I can’t find where it says they did. That blockade only worked at hurting the civilians. We all seen how many rockets Hamas has so spare me. 

Define ***** 

Edited by Justice

10 hours ago, Justice said:

Lol. No. I can’t!!! Lmao. Omg!!! I’m dying!!! Lol 

seriously though I said I didn’t hear about the houthis killing anyone. I didn’t say it didn’t happen. Provide a link then. The burden of proof is on you. I can’t find where it says they did. That blockade only worked at hurting the civilians. We all seen how many rockets Hamas has so spare me. 

Define ***** 

They should be allowed to disrupt international shipping as long as they don't kill anyone?

Do you think that they have any level of control over what happens when an anti ship missile with a warhead impacts a commercial, non armored vessel with civilians simply doing their jobs onboard?

The rest of the world should tolerate this becasue they suck at it and haven't managed to kill anyone yet?

They have been firing missiles and guiding drones at Israel.

They have boarded and hijacked a commercial ship in the Red Sea.

They have attacked more than two dozen other ships with missiles, drones and speed boats.  

Does any rational, thinking human being believe this is justified or that they are only attacking weapons shipments to Israel?

You've already got the time line wrong. Now you provide some bizarre logic that these actions, by a non-state group of rebels is

justified becasue they haven't succeeded in killing anyone, though they have hit commercial ships.

Thankfully, not too many nations agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

They should be allowed to disrupt international shipping as long as they don't kill anyone?

Do you think that they have any level of control over what happens when an anti ship missile with a warhead impacts a commercial, non armored vessel with civilians simply doing their jobs onboard?

The rest of the world should tolerate this becasue they suck at it and haven't managed to kill anyone yet?

They have been firing missiles and guiding drones at Israel.

They have boarded and hijacked a commercial ship in the Red Sea.

They have attacked more than two dozen other ships with missiles, drones and speed boats.  

Does any rational, thinking human being believe this is justified or that they are only attacking weapons shipments to Israel?

You've already got the time line wrong. Now you provide some bizarre logic that these actions, by a non-state group of rebels is

justified becasue they haven't succeeded in killing anyone, though they have hit commercial ships.

Thankfully, not too many nations agree with you.

Your credibility is zero here. Lots of baseless claims and now you’re walking back your comments on deaths. I said the world should sit back and do nothing JUST LIKE how they’re sitting back and doing nothing for the people of Gaza. They’re eating cats over there. And yes they were only targeting Israeli ships at first. Let ISRAEL FIGHT THEIR OWN BATTLES for once!! Get off your hands and knees and be a man and not someone’s attack dog. 

Like I said before I’m here to point out the hypocrisy. Blockades hurt. Not getting goods shipped and delivered hurt!! The Gazans have been living under those conditions for years. Israel can’t take it for a couple of months. Is it an act of war or not?? You said there’s a blockade because they get weapons… well it looks like they’re getting those weapons anyways! Did you even agree to that point? Nope! You played blind. No surprise! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I have zero interest in your judgement of my credibility here.

I have had the opportunity to be part of the force that has defended shipping in that part of the world, and I am familiar with what is involved and how both sides operate.

I am extremely aware of similar situations in the past, Operation Praying Mantis for one, where the US Navy sunk half the Iranian Navy in half a day, and could have finished the job but was ordered to stand down.

I have serious doubts about someone who says that our women are whores, that the loss of two Seals doesn't matter becasue "they shouldn't be there," and makes a lot of other stupid claims like putting US strikes against offensive missiles preparing to launch against defenseless commercial ships ahead of those launces, exactly the opposite of how this whack a mole operation actually happened. 

By the way, I don't play blind to anything. I simply don't read everything posted here, and am especially not interested in crazy stuff.

Still, to the issue of weapons getting to Gaza and Hezbollah, of course they get them.

There are many ways to get them through using land routes through Syria. That's why the world sees the occasional strike against these shipments, and why a manufacturing/storage facility in the Sudan was struck a few years ago. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, sherpa said:

OK.

Putin's a wacky terrorist and Iran is supplying him with weapons to kill civilians. 

You have been strangely quiet on doing anything about that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Putin's a wacky terrorist and Iran is supplying him with weapons to kill civilians. 

Nothing strange about it.

I've expressed my support of the Ukraine against Russia many times.

No need to post the same crap every day, over and over.......Oh wait.......I'm talking to the wrong guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well we like to fight the weak. We don’t dare step up to anyone with any real power. 

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hamas has refused.

Probably because most of their hostages are dead.

I don’t think there can be anything psychologically worse than knowing an attack will resume after two months if I’m a civilian in Gaza. I’d take it with hopes that it doesn’t resume but when it does that would be devastating. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Justice said:

Well we like to fight the weak. We don’t dare step up to anyone with any real power. 

More nonsense.

We don't like to fight anyone.

We are just reluctant to start WWIII with a massive nuclear risk over things that have a less than critical national interest.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sherpa said:

More nonsense.

We don't like to fight anyone.

We are just reluctant to start WWIII with a massive nuclear risk over things that have a less than critical national interest.

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Lol here you go again. Every action we have taken in the last 100 days is edging us towards WW3. Yeah we don’t like to fight anyone. We have military bases all over the world and we’re number one in military spending and by a very wide margin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Justice said:

Lol here you go again. Every action we have taken in the last 100 days is edging us towards WW3. Yeah we don’t like to fight anyone. We have military bases all over the world and we’re number one in military spending and by a very wide margin. 

And this posture and policy of deterrence has prevented a cataclysmic WWIII for a very long time.

Far longer than it took Europe to get into one between I and II.

Doesn't bother me that you don't like it, but it seems to have worked, and there's a generation of soldiers here raising their families and living their lives that are grateful.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

And this posture and policy of deterrence has prevented a cataclysmic WWIII for a very long time.

Far longer than it took Europe to get into one between I and II.

Doesn't bother me that you don't like it, but it seems to have worked, and there's a generation of soldiers here raising their families and living their lives that are grateful.

I agree with this but that doesn’t appear to be the case right now 

When do we or the Israeli's nuke Gaza, Syria, and Iran?  Wasting time with conventional warfare with these religious maniac sand trash    They will never get it, until one or two of these "countries" are vaporized by a nuclear bomb.  Biden botching another thing.  What a mess.

Edited by Irv

38 minutes ago, Irv said:

When do we or the Israeli's nuke Gaza, Syria, and Iran?  Wasting time with conventional warfare with these religious maniac sand trash    They will never get it, until one or two of these counties are vaporized by a nuclear bomb.  Biden botching another thing.  What a mess.

Sand *****?

Sorry but pointing out that there are a good number of religious maniacs is one thing but you just descended into straight up racism.

Edited by yall
Grammar
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Nothing strange about it.

I've expressed my support of the Ukraine against Russia many times.

No need to post the same crap every day, over and over.......Oh wait.......I'm talking to the wrong guy.

Revisionist board history, interesting 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Do you believe it is wrong for the GOP House to not pass a bill to provide funds and military supplies to Ukraine? 

What does your new question have to do with the allegation of revisionist history?

What are you suggesting?

Answer that and I'll be glad to answer your latest query.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What does your new question have to do with the allegation of revisionist history?

What are you suggesting?

Answer that and I'll be glad to answer your latest query.

The new question is testing your supposed allegiance to the Ukrainian struggle for survival. 

If you support Ukraine you would be outraged by the GOP stonewalling.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The new question is testing your supposed allegiance to the Ukrainian struggle for survival. 

If you support Ukraine you would be outraged by the GOP stonewalling.  

Are you really as goofy as you appear?

I'll ask for the third time.

What is the basis for your "revisionist" claim?

It can't be that hard for you to answer.

Answer that, and I'll respond, eagerly, to you latest query.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Are you really as goofy as you appear?

I'll ask for the third time.

What is the basis for your "revisionist" claim?

It can't be that hard for you to answer.

Answer that, and I'll respond, eagerly, to you latest query.

Basis is easy, you whined about helping Ukraine, you wouldn't label Putin a terrorist 

and NEVER have I once heard you stand up to those like @B-Man who  want Putin to win. 

Now...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Basis is easy, you whined about helping Ukraine, you wouldn't label Putin a terrorist 

and NEVER have I once heard you stand up to those like @B-Man who  want Putin to win. 

Now...

You are truly a goof.

I never "whined" about helping Ukraine.

That is the purest of pure BS.

I supported it, and even provided a link to an extremely informed youtube that explained the value of it, which I undeniably support. 

I doubt you noticed that, because you're not good at noticing stuff.

The rest of this is pure manure.

Your demands that people label things, Putin as a terrorist/war criminal, which I have, and dropping cluster bombs as a war crime are not going to be responded to by me.

I don't work for you.

You don't interest me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

You are truly a goof.

I never "whined" about helping Ukraine.

That is the purest of pure BS.

I supported it, and even provided a link to an extremely informed youtube that explained the value of it, which I undeniably support. 

I doubt you noticed that, because you're not good at noticing stuff.

The rest of this is pure manure.

Your demands that people label things, Putin as a terrorist/war criminal, which I have, and dropping cluster bombs as a war crime are not going to be responded to by me.

I don't work for you.

You don't interest me.

🤣

You have no integrity. Sure, Islamic people you can label as terrorist, but not Putin. In fact, you get upset at the idea! 

Now, why is that? 

And no criticism of the people blocking Ukraine's defense. You go girl! 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

🤣

You have no integrity. Sure, Islamic people you can label as terrorist, but not Putin. In fact, you get upset at the idea! 

Now, why is that? 

And no criticism of the people blocking Ukraine's defense. You go girl! 

You are clearly crazy.

When have I ever gotten upset at anything anybody said about Putin?

Did you imagine this?

Reading what you post presents a dilemma.

There is so much nonsense that the conversation can never lead to anything beyond responding to your nonsense.

You have authored one idiotic post after another this PM, so I will never get to your question about what I think is a wise Congressional strategy regarding Ukraine aid, which there is no doubt that I support, and have here, repeatedly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, sherpa said:

You are clearly crazy.

When have I ever gotten upset at anything anybody said about Putin?

Did you imagine this?

Reading what you post presents a dilemma.

There is so much nonsense that the conversation can never lead to anything beyond responding to your nonsense.

You have authored one idiotic post after another this PM, so I will never get to your question about what I think is a wise Congressional strategy regarding Ukraine aid, which there is no doubt that I support, and have here, repeatedly.

So just insults, whatever

Glad you admit you are avoiding the question. The easy question

That's the difference between us--aside from my superior intelligence--you are afraid to go against your party when it does something down right evil

The GOP blocking of aid to a country facing the Russian onslaught of aggression is something, if you truly believe what you claim to do, would be easy to call out. You don't. That's sad. Taking a stand on a message board really doesn't take much courage. 

• Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Justice said:

What if this is about natural gas in Gaza? Would your opinion of Israel and our government change if there’s gas in Gaza? 

There is and they have already talked about developing already. 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

What if this is about natural gas in Gaza? Would your opinion of Israel and our government change if there’s gas in Gaza? 

We have zero need for natural gas.

• Agree 1

WATCH: Gazans Turn on Hamas, Take to the Streets to Demand the Release of Israeli Hostages

Perhaps the one thing Hamas didn't count on was its inability to command total public support in Gaza. Residents of the embattled territory took to the streets on Wednesday morning to demand their terrorist government release the remaining Israeli hostages taken during the October 7th massacre.

The protest occurred near a hospital, prompted by anger at Hamas for putting civilians in the position they've been placed in. As has been said many times, the war would end immediately if Hamas simply surrendered and turned over the hostages. Instead, the terrorist group, including its psychotic leader Yahya Sinwar, has burrowed underground, content to prolong the conflict.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/01/24/watch-gazans-turn-on-hamas-take-to-the-streets-to-demand-the-release-of-israeli-hostages-n2169138

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

We have zero need for natural gas.

We? The USA? Last I checked we are not invading Gaza. 

Brilliant observation :doh:

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They lie like Trump and Putin do 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We? The USA? Last I checked we are not invading Gaza. 

Brilliant observation :doh:

They lie like Trump and Putin do 

You post the most stupid crap,

If you are inferring that Israel "invaded" Gaza as a desire to obtain a potential energy source, that is lunacy.

If not, I don't get what you are suggesting.

Nobody on planet earth is desirous of the potential fuel resources in the Gaza strip.

Hamas broke a ceasefire. Hamas has had 16 years of rule to advance those people's lives.

All they have done is take all their resources and build an underground war bunker designed to eliminate Israel.

Neither Putin nor Trump has anything to do with this, but like a drug addict, you simply cannot resist.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1