Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Abortion was never a right.  And again, if this is the most important thing to them...

Reproductive rights was absolutely right. And yes, they will be voting on it.

It really doesn’t matter whether or not you believe they are right or wrong if someone took away your reproductive rights, how would you feel?

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It really doesn’t matter whether or not you believe they are right or wrong if someone took away your reproductive rights, how would you feel?

So how would a man feel if their reproductive rights were taken away…..what happens if a woman wants an abortion but the man doesn’t want her to get her one? The woman gets an abortion anyway.

What happens when a woman wants the child but the guy doesn’t? The guy ends up having to pay child support.

Didn’t think that one through did you?

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Commsvet11 said:

So how would a man feel if their reproductive rights were taken away…..what happens if a woman wants an abortion but the man doesn’t want her to get her one? The woman gets an abortion anyway.

What happens when a woman wants the child but the guy doesn’t? The guy ends up having to pay child support.

Didn’t think that one through did you?

It’s her body

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

Who are the right people?

The right people would be the members of Hamas

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

No, it’s not the correct stance

They are killing the wrong people

How can we ceasefire when both sides fighting this war want to fight?

I hate that innocents will die because of war, i really do, but that's what happens when people want to obliterate each other.

• Like (+1) 1

Ceasefires jammed down Israel's throat after the Six Day War and Yom Kippur really worked eh?

Hamas has to be eliminated for any hope, and the Israelis are committed to that regardless of what others, who have no "standing" suggest. 

The only way this ends is for Iran to be stopped and for some level of sane leadership to come from the Arab world in dealing with the Palestinians.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

How can we ceasefire when both sides fighting this war want to fight?

I hate that innocents will die because of war, i really do, but that's what happens when people want to obliterate each other.

Sounds like it will never end. Israel wants more land, Pals want their land back and everyone wants to kill 

• Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

How is it reproductive rights?  They're still allowed to reproduce.  The issue is and always has been about the life of the unborn child, not taking away rights or hating women or all the other nonsense.  

But even still, yes, brilliant to be voting on a maybe once or twice in a lifetime event.  And if it's more than that...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

There's this part of me that wonders what happens when you're on your way to see a sick child or parent, facing the end of life, or someone you love needs emergency medical care.  

Is it any more morally repugnant to push forward with horn blasting--obviously hoping and praying the moron on the road moves, than to block someone needing care, or rushing to be a with a loved one? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There's this part of me that wonders what happens when you're on your way to see a sick child or parent, facing the end of life, or someone you love needs emergency medical care.  

Is it any more morally repugnant to push forward with horn blasting--obviously hoping and praying the moron on the road moves, than to block someone needing care, or rushing to be a with a loved one? 

Valid.

I wonder how the heck this doesn't fall under Unlawful restraint or False imprisonment.

https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/defense/penal-code/236/

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/crime-penalties/federal/Unlawful-Restraint.htm

Edited by Tommy Callahan