Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

This is not going to end well for anyone. Some of the scenes coming out of the region are just horrific. Civilians and soldiers hostages of Palestians and being paraded around. Saw a women get dragged around by her hair. 

Edited by Tiberius
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

So effed up.  This is exactly why Hamas is a terrorist org.  

Stinks of Iran support with that 6 billion we just gave them

The Israeli response will be severe.  

Frankly, I think Israel is showing incredible restraint right now. If I were in charge I'd be tempted to just level Gaza and be done with it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

How long until clickservatives start complaining about all of the money we send to Israel to defend itself?

I think they're more likely to complain about the money we released to Iran, which likely funded a lot of this operation.

I'm inclined to agree with them on that point.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, yall said:

I think they're more likely to complain about the money we released to Iran, which likely funded a lot of this operation.

I'm inclined to agree with them on that point.

Bingo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I do think the Israel/Palestine conflict is complex, but tend to more align with the idea that Israel has a right to exist & defend themselves.  

Today might be a point where my nuance on the topic takes a backseat. 

The videos coming across social media.. that can’t/won’t be shown on American news stations, are brutal. 

This is a brazen terrorist attack on civilians.

To see women being paraded around and stuffed into vehicles, likely heading to a fate worse than death, is hard to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I do think the Israel/Palestine conflict is complex, but tend to more align with the idea that Israel has a right to exist & defend themselves.  

The videos coming across social media.. that can’t/won’t be shown on American news stations, are brutal. 

To see women being paraded around and stuffed into vehicles, likely heading to a fate worse than death, is hard to watch. 

At it's core it's a turf war.  Israel was given land and Palestinians want it back/more.  No side will win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

? for the fundamentalists:  Is this why you support Israel so enthusiastically?  To bring on "End Times"?

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Very bad stuff happens to both sides but more often to the Palestinians.  Right now there have been 4X as many killed in today's war....

• Haha (+1) 2

Those reservist that said they might not defend the nation if it becomes less democratic are, by all reports, showing up to fight. 

One wonders if this crisis goes on, will the religious exempt (many of them the settlers taking more land) decide to fight. 

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

So effed up.  This is exactly why Hamas is a terrorist org.  

Stinks of Iran support with that 6 billion we just gave them

The Israeli response will be severe.  

wWasn’t this the funding the Whitehouse announced September 11th? 

idiots, just completely incompetent 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2