Like ALL British Cuisine, It is Time to Pour Steaming Hot Brown S......tuff on the Jags in London

HIT BY SPIKES

1 hour ago, Chaos said:
  1. Scottish cuisine is a subset of British cuisine.  The original post does not make proper use of the King's English. You win this point. 
  2. Pakistan and India cuisine is not British cuisine (great pizza available all over the USA, but it remains Italian cuisine). So it seems @Pine Barrens Mafia wins the point on British cuisine not making use of the spices from the conquered lands. 

Totally disagree on #2.  The curry house is distinctly british.  The term curry itself is british in origin and a misnomer for kari a hindi word meaning sauce.  Any dish with sauce became known as a "curry" during the colonial period in india and these dishes were adapted to and made for british tastes.  Chicken tikka masala is the national dish of England and is believed to have originated in London.

The pizza we eat in the states is distinctly American from ingredients used to cooking style to ovens used.  It bears little resemblance to what is eaten Italy.  Italians may have invented it but it was perfected by Americans.  

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't dispute the 2nd point. I disputed that curry here isn't good. 

Although our official national dish is now formally Chicken Tikka Masala. 

Curry is 100% a british invention.  And the reason why there are curries in thailand, japan, and the caribbean is also completely british.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/04/why-we-call-indian-dishes-curry-colonial-history/586828/

https://indiaphile.info/what-is-curry-and-a-recipe-for-garam-masala/

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Woke up and chose violence I see 

Its the only time you'll find me on team gabagool.  Its hard for me to admit that the culture that brought us Jersey Shore has any redeeming qualities but I have to admit that Italy has no competition for what those paisanos built in the tri-state area that fueled pizza culture across the country.  Neapolitan pizza can f@#$ right off. 

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

In the United States, every state has its own cuisine, and there is delicious food specialties in every state, even though all 50 states are part of USA.

Barbecue alone- Texas, North Carolina, Georgia, Kansas all have different recipes and techniques.  And they will all show you that their Barbecue is the best.  Barbecue is an art.  Many take it to another level.

I don’t recall seeing Haggis in England.  Jellied Eels, but not haggis

Every State? I think not. Georgia has zero local cuisine. It’s as stale as Atlanta.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Its the only time you'll find me on team gabagool.  Its hard for me to admit that the culture that brought us Jersey Shore has any redeeming qualities but I have to admit that Italy has no competition for what those paisanos built in the tri-state area that fueled pizza culture across the country.  Neapolitan pizza can f@#$ right off. 

Based jauronimo 

• Haha (+1) 1

Try Dishoom in Shoreditch in London… damn good Indian food, would make an especially good gameday breakfast. Scrambled eggs with cilantro and chilies, paratha, chili cheese toast, chai, etc.

That said I always liked a good English breakfast in a “caff” as they call them… except the sweet baked beans.

For the game tonight (I’m in Kyoto atm) we are having tempura, soba noodles, and fried pork cutlets from a little local restaurant. 

On our flight from New York to Tokyo last week, the guy behind us had a Bills cap. We talked about the Miami game with big smiles on our faces. 

I made the Brown Onion Gravy yesterday with Golden Slowly Sweated Sweet Onions and 2 cups of my home made Australian Shiraz and it turned out great.

Going to pick some potatoes from the garden tomorrow morning to boil and add to the Mash along with Baby Carrots and Rutabaga.

Could not find fresh Bangers here yesterday so I will buy some sort of fresh sausage when my local grocery store opens at 7:00 AM and grill them on the Natural Gas BBQ since it looks like rain and wind here in the morning.

We are celebrating Thanksgiving today rather than tomorrow however the wife wanted to cook the Capon and sides.

All I get to cook is Potato Leek Soup and a Mixed Salad from the garden.

Probably use the Onion Gravy for that dinner as well. 

18 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Wow, ManCity fans actually exist? I've never actually seen one in the flesh, so I'm still not sure this could be true.

Side note, what a complete opposites of fandom. Bills fans... who are one of, if not the most, rabid fan base. And Man City fans, where you could hear a pin drop at the Etihad.

Some of the biggest most condescending set of pricks going. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Every State? I think not. Georgia has zero local cuisine. It’s as stale as Atlanta.

Peaches, peanuts, and pecans- you are welcome says Georgia 

surely you have had a Georgia red hot?  And if you to a go nicer restaurant than Waffle House, Georgia does gourmet grits.

I think you are just being disagreeable 

Edited by Pete
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Who eats Blu Cheese? They give a discount when someone actually requests it where I live

Maytag Blue Cheese is the greatest made  in America imo. Who doesn’t eat Blue Cheese?

i F-ing hate ranch dressing and ketchup

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Peaches, peanuts, and pecans- you are welcome says Georgia 

surely you have had a Georgia red hot?  And if you to a go nicer restaurant than Waffle House, Georgia does gourmet grits.

I think you are just being disagreeable 

I surely haven’t. And don’t call me Shirley. None of the foods you’ve mentioned are cuisine. These things just grow well there. 🙄

58 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I surely haven’t. And don’t call me Shirley. None of the foods you’ve mentioned are cuisine. These things just grow well there. 🙄

Peach cobbler, pecan pie, and peanut butter and ____- all damn good cuisine!

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.