SNF - Chiefs vs Jets

sven233

Just now, Mango said:

It’s not just this game. Let’s not forget their RT is a disaster. They call him on it once and Andy Reid basically gaslights the league with “woah, where is the consistency, we do this every week.  Ow we are getting screwed”.

Looks like the league bent over and took it. 

I agree. The first part was directed to just the SNF game. The latter was the consensus over the past season’s worth of games the Chiefs have played. 

The wildest call I’ve seen them given was last year and the trip by Jones way after the play, outside the pocket with no other players to obstruct view. No call is one thing but no fine is even wilder. you then go back to the opening night against Detroit and rather than it being a talking point that something needs to be done by NY HQ of officiating it was just an open joke that Jones was consistently getting away with false starts. Flagrantly. Got to feel that if it wasn’t on prime time and pointed out then the scene they made about calling him on it in the Jags game the following week wouldn’t have happened. 

When you throw everything else into account; the holding, the illegal shifts, motions or formations they fail to call it really makes you wonder…

Sure, every team gets away with a call here or there but this team is on another level some games. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I was looking for this yesterday as I was complaining about this hold.  This was on Mahomes 22 yard run that kept their drive alive.  NM the actual tweet as its from an unrelated thread.

I was like how can a ref not see that.  Its out in the open.  The guy is practically punching him in the helmet to try and get free.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 hours ago, sven233 said:

I really want to watch this game, but I am not sure how long I can stand the Taylor Swift references and camera shots every 10 seconds.  It's out of control.

The NFL loves it because those that know nothing about football but love her will tune in so they will ride that horse as long as they can because this league is all about the $$$ !!

The thing i couldn't believe was on 1 Bills Live both Browny & Tasker jumped on that band wagon and said they one it & said as much that they were going to ride with it . 

But for me i could give a rat's A** about about Taylor Swift & her love life !! What does that have to do with football .

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I was looking for this yesterday as I was complaining about this hold.  This was on Mahomes 22 yard run that kept their drive alive.  NM the actual tweet as its from an unrelated thread.

I was like how can a ref not see that.  Its out in the open.  The guy is practically punching him in the helmet to try and get free.

Yeah. Straight up BS. They did it all game. Would’ve been a great opportunity to steal a win from the Chiefs as the Jets likely aren’t challenging for the division. If this happened to the Bills I would be fuming 😤 

4 hours ago, BBFL said:

Watching that game I’d be sick as a Jets fan. Beating the Bills and Chiefs is comparable to post season wins seeing as what could have been on the table had Rogers been on the field. 

Jets are a division rival but we are all fans of a sport… sickening that parity on officiating isn’t an afterthought. 

Totally agree. I would be upset if something like that went uncalled on a big Allen run. Most fans would agree (excluding the Patriots) that nobody wants to win on a BS call.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Honestly wouldn't have been shocked if the refs called a penalty for hands to the face and ignored the hold.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.