Disfunction Junction, What's Your Function, House Republicans? Embarrassment To The Nation

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t care who the speaker is…I just hope that they are antiestablishment…

You just can’t keep doing the same thing over and over, when congress has a constant 83% disapproval rating…👍

Jordan would have accomplished nothing.   It would have been an "own the libs" pick and nothing more.  

15 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t care who the speaker is…I just hope that they are antiestablishment…

you're not a conservative.  You're a radical. " If I can't win under the rules, change them so I can...."  Chos, Nihilism, Anarchy.  The mirror image of what conservatives say they're about. Like stereochemistry except in this case it's D and R isomers that can't be changed.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Jordan would have accomplished nothing.   It would have been an "own the libs" pick and nothing more.  

No, it would have been R affirmation of trumpism.  the secret ballots were telling.  They all need to grow a pair and become actual patriots.  Void rules and societal norms, tear apart with no plans to reunite or improve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This circus demonstrates that the current Republican Party is unfit for a leadership role. They function best as a minority party that can throw stones from the sidelines, generate content for their social media and show their supporters that they are “fighters”. As a minority party, they don’t need to agree on anything, they don’t need to propose anything, and they don’t need to compromise on anything. They can just be the party of “No” which is what they love.

For years they have been stoking a culture where any compromise with Dems is evil and means you are a RINO who must be ejected from the party. Now the extreme fringe are piloting the ship and they don’t have a clue what direction to go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

This circus demonstrates that the current Republican Party is unfit for a leadership role. They function best as a minority party that can throw stones from the sidelines, generate content for their social media and show their supporters that they are “fighters”. As a minority party, they don’t need to agree on anything, they don’t need to propose anything, and they don’t need to compromise on anything. They can just be the party of “No” which is what they love.

For years they have been stoking a culture where any compromise with Dems is evil and means you are a RINO who must be ejected from the party. Now the extreme fringe are piloting the ship and they don’t have a clue what direction to go. 

What's playing out in the House is nothing compared to the shitshow the Dems have made this country.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I’m sure Byron Donald’s won’t win, but a black man as R speaker of the house would be interesting symbolically, with Dems losing a sliver of ground amongst black men lately.. and in black communities due to the immigration issue. 

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you're not a conservative.  You're a radical. " If I can't win under the rules, change them so I can...."  Chos, Nihilism, Anarchy.  The mirror image of what conservatives say they're about. Like stereochemistry except in this case it's D and R isomers that can't be changed.

It depends on what your definition of radical is…To someone on the far Left, a radical could be anyone to the right of them, even if they are independent…It’s all subjective and never stays fixed in place…👍

if you think that radical is thinking a male is a male and never a female, then I am your man…😉

If you think radical is not wanting any person in the world to illegally come into our country and waste tax payer funds, then I am your man…

If you think radical is not wanting the country to be in constant endless wars, then I am your man…

If you think radical is supporting free speech then I am your man…

If you think radical is wanting congress to answer to the people instead of the donor class, then I am your man…👍

Some people may look at what’s happening in congress and think it’s madness…I disagree…I think it’s the healthiest thing to happen in government that I can’t remember…

If you know anything about how the country was founded, this is how it went down…it wasn’t all smooth sailing, but rather bickering and infighting…that’s the democratic process…it’s always messy, but the cream usually tends to rise to the top….

Now, some people may prefer a more cleaner approach where there is no fighting, and authoritarian dictates and mandates force people to come to a particular conclusion, whether it’s the best solution or not…Not me…I prefer the messiness of democracy…And if that seems radical to you, then I wear it like a badge of honor…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

People look at what’s happening in congress and think it’s madness…I disagree…If you know anything about how the country was founded, this is how it went down…it wasn’t all smooth sailing, but rather bickering and infighting…that’s the democratic process…it’s always messy, but the cream always tends to rise to the top….

the founders were almost exclusively wealthy landowners who had already proven their chops and intellect.  This is rabble intent on rousing and destruction....national security is the highest priority for rational leaders.  the rest is white noise....

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

th founders were wealthy landowners who had already proven their chops.  This is rabble intent on rousing....

Can you elaborate on what being wealthy landowners has to do with process for how they formed the government? I’m just unclear on the point you’re trying to make…thanks…

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Can you elaborate on what being wealthy landowners has to do with process for how they formed the government? I’m just unclear on the point you’re trying to make…thanks…

smart, mostly virtuous people should run things....

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Well, it certainly would help…👍

And what is the “rabble intent on rousing” you’re referring to?

ummm....MAGA.  Do you think criminals should be punished?  Even if they were once president?  Do you agree with the sentiment that justice should be blind?  Should we not set that as a goal?  Should insurrectionists go to jail or worse?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

ummm....MAGA.  Do you think criminals should be punished?  Even if they were once president?  Do you agree with the sentiment that justice should be blind?  Should we not set that as a goal?  Should insurrectionists go to jail or worse?

I do think criminals should be punished…

The problem is that you could argue 90% of politicians are criminals…

The same thing Democrats impeached Trump over in Ukraine (investigating the potential corruption of a political opponent) is similar to what is being perpetrated on him now…Throw in the the fake Russia collusion hoax that was concocted by Hillary and the DNC, and the criminality of Dr. Fauci, and it just makes your argument seem disingenuous…it makes it seem more political than actual justice…Just being honest here….

Now, if you wanted to have the same prosecutorial standards across the board, then I think everyone in the country could get behind it…

Violent rioters on J6 should be prosecuted- no doubt…But so should violent rioters, who tried to destroy the country in the summer of 2020…

Now, I see that as a very reasoned and fair approach, putting aside my political biases to the best of my ability- holding BOTH sides responsible for misdeeds…Is that something we could compromise on? 👍

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I do think criminals should be punished…

The problem is that you could argue 90% of politicians are criminals…

The same thing Democrats impeached Trump over in Ukraine (investigating the potential corruption of a political opponent) is similar to what is being perpetrated on him now…Throw in the the fake Russia collusion hoax that was concocted by Hillary and the DNC, and the criminality of Dr. Fauci, and it just makes your argument seem disingenuous…it makes it seem more political than actual justice…Just being honest here….

Now, if you wanted to have the same prosecutorial standards across the board, then I think everyone in the country could get behind it…

Violent rioters on J6 should be prosecuted- no doubt…But so should violent rioters, who tried to destroy the country in the summer of 2020…

Now, I see that as a very reasoned and fair approach, putting aside my political biases to the best of my ability- holding BOTH sides responsible for misdeeds…Is that something we could compromise on? 👍

Absolutely,  Catch and punish the crooks no matter the tribe.

• Like (+1) 1

Dusty Johnson might work for speaker

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4267767-republican-rips-nancy-mace-after-she-interrupts-tv-interview/https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4267767-republican-rips-nancy-mace-after-she-interrupts-tv-interview/

“Let’s be clear, Nancy Mace, it’s been a long time since she’s done anything productive to move forward this broader team,” Johnson said Friday. “America’s got real problems and this is a time where we need people who are interested in problem-solving, not self-aggrandizement.”

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Absolutely,  Catch and punish the crooks no matter the tribe.

Agreed if convicted they should be punished doesn’t matter what the tribe

The problem is you have these Republicans that think no we should just convict what we do as criminals on the other side, regardless of proof

It’s all about power

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Agreed if convicted they should be punished doesn’t matter what the tribe

The problem is you have these Republicans that think no we should just convict what we do as criminals on the other side, regardless of proof

It’s all about power

So never mind the Dem da's being partisan and Dem strongholds being war zones.  

It's the republicans.  Lol

• Thank you (+1) 1